Such a thing as guy "friends"?

Options

Replies

• Candy0516
    Candy0516 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would like to have guy “friends” I could talk with....but... doesn’t seem to work out
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I recently offered a man my friendship. He totally turned me down and said he couldn't. So in my experience, no it can't be done.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yes and no. Depends on the guy and his maturity level.

Had guy friends in college and nothing serious came of it. We all just studied and met after classes to hang out. After college, guys tried to get serious. I ended up being stalked by a dude so I no longer look for guy friends.

I'm going to make the assumption that it has something to do with life being too short and female "friends" is not seen by some as realistic (or a mature thing to do) when people get older.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    rae1721 wrote: »
    I can't imagine not having guy friends. Guys offer a completely different view on things then women and they often come with less drama ....plus most of mine are season ticket holders to sporting events so it's a win/win for me!

Right??? One of my best friends is a guy. We hang out a lot because our kids are friends, and neither of us work, so we pretty much see each other every day, most of the time without our spouses. His wife is one of my best friends too and she was commenting the other day about how alike he and I are. I just feel happier after hanging out with him because he's just good fun, and I do have more in common interests-wise with him as well. It's totally different than with the girls.

Also I haven't met many women who are geeks like I am.

When I was younger, I had mostly guy friends too, but yeah, it turns out that most of them wanted more, so it didn't last. I think it does have something to do with maturity level, where you are in your life, and if you're attracted to the person or not.. probably much easier when neither of you are. I wasn't attracted to my guy friends at all.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    hellvee wrote: »
    I feel no attraction to 1s and 0s

What about a solid 6 on good days?

I'm more interested in how he feels about a weak 3.

1s and 0s are just fancy talk for anything you see on an electronic device

but i will admit I'm weak for 3's and 7's

You should start a thread where you honestly rate your friends list

If anyone is going to try to rate me on the same scale as you they should just delete me right now :lol:

LOL. Strongly disagree, Sweet-D. You're one of my extra most bestest friends on here. You'd definitely get a high score.
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know lots of girls, that are friends, that I want nothing more from. I have a pretty girl that I love and want to spend my life with, the others are friends, so yes you can meet guys that just want to be friends.
  • pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have 2 male friends. They are married to my best girlfriends.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    FWB are still friends. Just sayin.
  • steelaxitute2127
    steelaxitute2127 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    rae1721 wrote: »
    I can't imagine not having guy friends. Guys offer a completely different view on things then women and they often come with less drama ....plus most of mine are season ticket holders to sporting events so it's a win/win for me!

Exactly! I honestly think I'd cry if I didn't have guy friends. Which is probably why I have more guy friends than girl friends lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    FWB are still friends. Just sayin.

Haha! True..

Hey, btw whatcha doin laters? ;)