Options
12346»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    _AshLynn wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I thought this was a thread about cookies?

Girl.
    People just don't know how to leave well enough alone. This lady was just trying to share a recipe for fraudulent cookies, and now she has to defend her entire lifestyle for no reason.
    If she's happy eating her 10% protein, then why can't everyone just stay in their lane and leave her be.

If she's happy jumping off a cliff, just leave her be too?

There's plenty people on here that eat differently...some I feel eat way under a reasonable calorie minimum. But it's not anyone's job to correct or tell them what's wrong or right. I eat what I want. I happen to be vegan. I use mfp to track nutrients. I happen to average 10% protein for my macros. Not a big deal.

I am not too concerned with your low protein intake. I specifically became involved because your previous posts seemed to suggest that other people should adopt it (using "you" in your comments, for example, and posting recommendations for 5% protein intake that were supposedly from the WHO). If this wasn't what you meant, then okay.

I see a clear distinction between people personally choosing suboptimal diets and people recommending them to others.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »
    We can digest raw meat just fine it's the parasites we don't want so as humans with fire cook meat.

Sure the parasites are the issue. Maybe if we had shorter digestive tracks or a higher acidity level in our stomachs it wouldn't be a problem. Hm...pretty sure that would pertain to carnivore....which we aren't

Carnivores can get parasites.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Side note: To whoever mentioned that everyone now attributes cancer and meat consumption from a stupid documentary. Touche. But isn't it funny how the American Cancer Society has more recently named Processed meat as a carcinogen, in the same category as smoking!? Crazy huh!! :)

You do know that processed meat only raises your risk from 5% to 6% so no where in the same league as smoking!
  • _AshLynn
    _AshLynn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Side note: To whoever mentioned that everyone now attributes cancer and meat consumption from a stupid documentary. Touche. But isn't it funny how the American Cancer Society has more recently named Processed meat as a carcinogen, in the same category as smoking!? Crazy huh!! :)

You do know that processed meat only raises your risk from 5% to 6% so no where in the same league as smoking!

https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html

You took your statistic from here but they say 5 to 6 percent for Colon cancer. There's several other & different risk increases like the 18% increase for colorectal cancer. From same cancer society page.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html

You took your statistic from here but they say 5 to 6 percent for Colon cancer. There's several other & different risk increases like the 18% increase for colorectal cancer. From same cancer society page.

And you understand that those increases are added to your already inherent risk? So say my risk is 5%, the increased risk is 5% of 5%. Negligeable.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Not to mention those increased risks only hit those highs when you are consuming smoked products every single day. I don't know too many people existing on a diet of bacon and hotdogs, even the most fervent meat lovers.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Wasn't this originally a thread about sharing the recipe for a tasteless diet cookie? :neutral: