bjderhak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent awesome job at your races! very inspiring
    @BruinsGal_91 you know youll never hear the end of that!! lol
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement @amymoreorless
    @PastorVincent woohoo super job two PRs awesome. Loved the pictures. Check box on the Christmas tree ha ha
    @BruinsGal_91 I have a feeling I would have loved to see the finish of that race :smiley:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1---3.23
    2--PT
    3---4.34
    7---PT
    9---PT
    10---3.33
    13---3.47
    17---3.40
    19---6.29
    23---3.49

27.55/65 miles

Upcoming races:
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, 5.5 miles Norman OK
    Jan 27 Running the Rose. Tyler Tx. 11mi or 7k

Pre-op PR's
    1 mile 8:27  5k 24:42. 10k 1:00.52.  HM 2:17.28
    Post-op Training PB's
    1 mile 9.25  5k 33:46 10k 1:09:46

Congratulations on all the trots today!
    @skippygirlsmom way to go on the AG!
    @BruinsGal_91 4 seconds! I feel you. Mine says he'll quit racing me when I beat him. So I can't give up!
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the US and congrats/good luck Turkey Trotters! Sounds like some amazing running has been going on today.
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Awesome PRs! Congratulations!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Something I guess that I should have expected, but is odd. Today ran 2 back to back PRs. So was definitely, for me, going pretty hard. Well, oddly enough I did not need water at all for either race and only grabbed couple ounces (1/2 dixie cup) between the races.

I realize a winter race needs less water, but man it used to be I had to stop at every table in a 5k race for water, no matter the weather and today I ran 8 at race pace with essentially no water.

I guess our bodies can get better at water management too?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @PastorVincent just slaying the race day! The guy in the Pumpkin Pi costume had me cry laughing! Please tell me he was like 1st overall, everyone needed to see that on the podium :D

@skippygirlsmom Me and Skip apparently have the same tendency to talk the race away, haha ;) Congrats to her on her AG placement!

@MNLittleFinn Altras, damn you must love your mom I can't even justify getting me Altras yet lolll
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn Altras, damn you must love your mom I can't even justify getting me Altras yet lolll
    I got her the same ones I have, ended spending like maybe $70USD, with my discount. She's more than worth that!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating in the US! Started running streak this morning with 3.5 miles. It was cold and windy!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ I hope the knee is better. My PT says "I don't worry as much about what hurts while you as much as what hurts when you aren't running". Love the idea on the sleeves.

I’ve heard it said ‘don’t worry about pain after a run, but worry if the pain is still there the next day’
  • girlinahat
    Options
    @rheddmobile - you have face planted. You are officially a runner. Welcome.

And sorry about your thanksgiving rushin around changes - hope you sort it.

Happy Thanksgiving people of America.
  • girlinahat
    Options
    So here’s a thing - you guys have thanksgiving where you eat ALL the food. And then you organise packed out races to justify it.... But I love the fact that Thanksgiving is becoming known for its turkey trots rather than just the stuff-your-face thing. Maybe that’s just in this thread but still....

Oh, and @BruinsGal_91 Oh. What else can I say?

@PastorVincent well done. I have a feeling your under four hour target is close. What then?

Here’s another thing. My neighbor was complaining there aren’t enough races with age groups for him (70+). He wants to compete but compete on a reasonable playing field. I did point out that UTMB had a 70-120 age group with at least two in (who both finished) but I guess that’s hardly an everyday race. He’s done the Snowden’s marathon 5 times (mountain) and his CURRENT half marathon status is 1 hour 24 minutes. His PR at the HM is......SIXTY-SEVEN minutes. No comment.
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nov. 23 - 4.5km
    MTD - 58.5km/80km
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Since we live in Canada we have to work, but since my husband is American we are having a fancier than usual dinner tonight. Skipping today's run due to treacherous sidewalks (@JessicaMcB we got the same freezing rain you did) but it will be nice tomorrow so I'll make it up.

I went for lunch with a firmer coworker wherein we discussed career goals and he mentioned that if he didn't know I want my (over 65) manager's job when she retires he'd think I'm crazy to still be working for the company. When I got back to work after lunch my manager called me and told me she's probably getting promoted next week and was I interested in her position? She's gauging interest with all of her most senior reports before deciding whether to post for the job or just appoint one of us so I won't know for a while if I have any competition but I definitely made my interest known! I would say two of us are serious contenders and the rest not so much.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @NikolaosKey Good luck in your race on Sunday!

@hjeppley Bravo on your AG second place!! Awesome pace!

@Elise4270 Champagne/suede Sapphire 5S - beautiful!

@PastorVincent Wow, back to back PBs!!! Way to rock. Yep, I do think we get better at not needing as much water.

@BruinsGal_91 LOL @ your husband. :smiley:

@MobyCarp Bravo on 1st of 41 in your AG! Man, you're good. Best wishes on recovery.

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add congrats to all who raced today! Awesome job!