November 13 — 10.55 miles
    November 15 — 4.11 miles
    November 17 — 4.15 miles
    November 19 — 8.81 miles
    November 21 — 4.1 miles
    November 23 — 4.11 miles

November total — 66.62/75 miles

To all the turkey trotters: I hope none of you had runner’s trots! :D

I can joke about that since I’m chronically constipated and so don’t have this issue, lol.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,984 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    November goal: 70 miles

11/1: 3.4 miles
    11/2: 3.1 miles
    11/5: 7.7 miles
    11/7: 4 miles
    11/9: 3.5 miles
    11/12: 7.7 miles
    11/14: 3 miles (intervals)
    11/15: 4 miles
    11/16: 3.1 miles
    11/19: 8.5 miles
    11/21: 4.1 miles
    11/22: 4.1 miles
    11/23: 4.1 miles

60.3/70 miles

I did get my run in today. Then a huge Thanksgiving dinner. Now we are just relaxing. My daughter and her boyfriend are here but my son and his girlfriend won't be here until late tonight, so we will have another big lunch tomorrow.

Congrats to all who raced today!

exercise.png

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn Altras, damn you must love your mom I can't even justify getting me Altras yet lolll
    I got her the same ones I have, ended spending like maybe $70USD, with my discount. She's more than worth that!

How much are they for normal peons?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @MobyCarp Well done! Great return to racing!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent just slaying the race day! The guy in the Pumpkin Pi costume had me cry laughing! Please tell me he was like 1st overall, everyone needed to see that on the podium :D

No idea. I never saw him after the start, so either he was way ahead of me, or way behind me. I am guessing he was behind me, but I guess it is possible! That would be truly epic if he one in that outfit... but make me feel even slower! :lol:

• PastorVincent
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    @PastorVincent well done. I have a feeling your under four hour target is close. What then?

Thanks!

Well, the marathon is in Spring and the worst training months are ahead of me still, so probably lose some conditioning over the next several months. Plus it has been a while since I have gotten a good long run in. Ugh. If the marathon was in a couple weeks I probably am well positioned, but May? Eh we will see.

After that, I plan to try and find trail races for a change of pace. Still will do these smaller distance races (5k, 10k, etc) as they are good to help me keep some speed focus. Do not know really, but that is normal. I do not normally have a plan beyond survival. That IS the reason I run, so it stays the primary focus.

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Altras, damn you must love your mom I can't even justify getting me Altras yet lolll
    I got her the same ones I have, ended spending like maybe $70USD, with my discount. She's more than worth that!

On sale, they are like $86, which was the price before my discount for being a UMTR member. Still a good price, since I got the previous model.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

On sale, they are like $86, which was the price before my discount for being a UMTR member. Still a good price, since I got the previous model.

I wish they were for sale local to me so I could try them on. Here many good things about them and want to get a shoe to rotate with my New Balance. $86 is a pretty good price for quality running shoes.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

What store is that? I have the same discount.

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

running warehouse online
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I wish they were for sale local to me so I could try them on. Here many good things about them and want to get a shoe to rotate with my New Balance. $86 is a pretty good price for quality running shoes.

Never mind, just looked... they do not make a wide shoe so they are dead to me.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @7lenny7 Looks like a great place to run!
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    @7lenny7 Looks like a great place to run!

It's a place I use to run frequently and is my favorite local trails for scenery, but when I decided to embrace hills I switched to a park only 2 miles away with a lot more vertical. Running at this place today made me really miss it and I need to get here more often. I've got 14+ planned on Sunday and I think I'll come back to this place. There is one big hill here, I'll just have hit it multiple times. The park is big enough that one loop on the outer trails is about 9 miles. If I start adding in the inner trails I can easily get 15 or more with minimal doubling up of trails.

@PastorVincent great time on your races today! That's gotta feel fantastic. I can't say I've ever heard of anyone getting 2 PR's in a single day. Well done!
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    4.56 miles this morning. With HILLS!
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    11/11 -2.25 mi
    11/12 -1.5 mi plus 1 mi jog (didn't count jog) fastest mile yet (but fell apart on last .5 mi)
    11/13 -1.5 mi plus 1 hr strength training and 25 min on stationary bike (5.3 mi)
    11/14 -1.5 mi plus 1 hr zumba
    11/15 - rest day per my trainer (I was completely stir crazy and had to take a 1.4 mi walk)
    11/16 - 2 mi plus 1 hr zumba. Fastest 2 miles so far.
    11/17 - too cold to run... 30 min stationary bike
    11/18 - 1.15 mi on treadmill
    11/19 - 1.5 mi treadmill, 20 min elliptical
    11/20 - 2 mi plus 1.5 mi walk
    11/21 - 2 mi plus 1 mi walk
    11/22 - 2 mi treadmill
    11/23 - 2.3 mi plus 24 min on stairmaster, 20 min stationary bike, 2 mi walk
    19.7/35

2.3 is the longest I've ever run. I'll try for 2.5 tomorrow!

exercise.png
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

running warehouse online

I almost pulled the trigger on these but decided to do a quick search and found them at the Altra website on clearance for $66, with free shipping and a 30 day guarantee (but with only limited sizes available)

I almost bought a pair of Altra Superior 3.0 trail shoes and Altra Instinct 4 road shoes for $66 each. Then I thought about the 10 pair of shoes I already own a closed the browser tab. I have enough shoes to last me 3 years the way it is.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    November goal 100miles, at least 1mpd

11/1 4.43
    11/2 2.25
    11/3 6.35
    11/4 2.25
    11/5 4.50
    11/6 2.22 + snorkel 3.5hours
    11/7 7.00
    11/8 2.32