WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,892 Member
    Options
    And, because I'm that kind of girl, I went and started a group called Women Ages 50+. The only thing it contains is a link redirecting them here. Which I'll update each month. It's possible I may need professional help... : B)

Love y'all,
    Lisa

I'll look for it. :)

While I find the threads more convenient, a group might be more private. After all, everything we type here in these threads is right there out in the open for anyone in the world to read. But I don't know what kind of security there is on groups.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Well this is the first night I haven't slept well.been waking up every hour or so and have gone through 2 bottles of water..
    I trust my lawyer and again like I said his is and idiot.. so if he agrees to what we are asking that will be fine..
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Well this is the first night I haven't slept well.been waking up every hour or so and have gone through 2 bottles of water..
    I trust my lawyer and again like I said his is and idiot.. so if he agrees to what we are asking that will be fine..

Hang in there Allie, remember its still in your hands. In the end, you don't have to sign anything you are not happy with. (((Hugs))) Now go to sleep <3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Hi all, afraid to say anything more than that, afraid I might get in trouble.

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Hi all, afraid to say anything more than that, afraid I might get in trouble.

Janetr OKC

Why???

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette & Rye: There has never been a posted no-no list that I know of out side of no rude behavior. This situation seems to have been caused by some of us not knowing rules we have never seen. :grumble:

Okiewoman: I'm sorry about the loss of your brother-in-law. :sad:

Becca: I hope you feel better soon. DH & I are both feeling a bit off today. I have a headache. Your situation sounds much worse. Good luck for a speedy recovery. (((hugs)))

Suebdew: I hope the MRI gives good information. :star:

Sue in WA: You've got a clear view of our challenge with the boat. Thanks for your hope for a good solution. :heart:

Machka: Thanks for researching the rules for us. :flowerforyou: I almost always open a word document beside the thread so I can make comments as I read. Then I copy and paste my word document into the thread. It works well for me. :smiley:

It isn't very late yet, but I'm tired. I hope to see you all tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    JanetR
    Oh that's not it at all.I made the mistake of eating something I shouldn't have for dinner,didn't have Sleepytime tea and only took one melatonin.so those factored into the no sleep.. I was also asleep before 6 pm .
  • janetr7476
    Options
    JanetR
    Oh that's not it at all.I made the mistake of eating something I shouldn't have for dinner,didn't have Sleepytime tea and only took one melatonin.so those factored into the no sleep.. I was also asleep before 6 pm .

Oh, sorry. Is it too late to have Sleepy Time tea now? I have often in the evening too, it does help me a lot.

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'll also add that there is a Welcome email in the Introduce Yourself subforum which has links to the Forum Guidelines and FAQ, etc. :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10041082/welcome-to-the-myfitnesspal-community#latest

Oh, actually, I see that particular thread (a "Sticky") is at the top of each subforum, including this one (Motivation & Support).

It is also a good idea to have a glance in here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/mfp-news-announcements from time to time. Today, for example, there were evidently issues with quoting which they announced there.

Anyway, it's nothing to worry about. Every forum has guidelines of some sort and it's a good idea to familiarise ourselves with them, but from my experience, it would take a lot more than posting a link or something for the mods to become really upset with anyone. :)

Machka in Oz
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I also vote to leave this on open forum. Just to look at the many women throughout the month is a testimony as to why it should be open. Is it ok if we say 'I got this recipe from skinny Taste?

Well I went to sleep last night around 9:30 and woke up at 11:30 this morning!! I guess the good Lord thought I needed 14 hours of sleep!

Had my appointment for my pain contract today. She first starts off with how is your pain and what are you taking. So I tell her I have a nagging pain and take 1 Narco and an Aleve at night and Advil during the day as I need it. So she asks why I need a pain contract. Hey, it wasn't my idea. So no pain contract anymore! No peeing in a bottle to make sure I am following the rules. But then there was the matter of the B/P. When I first got in the office the nurse took it and it was 200/74. Now that is a strange B/P. The lower number shouldn't be that far from the top when the top is as high as it is. So they tried a different cuff, then they tried it manually with two different cuffs. Then the nurse practitioner and the student nurse practitioner took it twice a piece. It was always 200/100 each time all of them took it. So the brought the doctor over and he took it. My poor arm was hurting and when that cuff is pimped up that far, it hurts and pain causes your B/P to rise. So tmorrow I will start with my new BP pill. Yep, I will now take 6 different medicines. Now I have taken it everlasting times since I got home and it's not nearly that high although it is way to high. The number for hypertension if you have risk factors is ow 120/80. So mine is way to high.

Okie, I am so sorry for your families loss.

Katla, could it be that your husbands health dclning is making it hard for him to see you winterizung the boat. He may be realizing that his time with the boat is decreasing and he also sees that you are having to do more of the work. It's a man thing.

Lov you all, Joyce Indiana
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Joyce - good news that you won't have to be on the pain contract anymore. One pain pill a day is not a problem, for cryin out loud. The BP on the other hand is a bit scary. Mine is always higher at the docs office cuz I get uptight just thinking about going to the doctor's, and for sure your arm gets sore when then pump it so tight a million times lol Glad you got some much needed sleep.

Janetr OKC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, yeesh I wake up too early! Well I've got a staff infection so am on a stronger antibiotic and a stronger steroid cream to knock out the eczema. I'm going to learn to deal with this, I don't know what triggers a flare but now I will be on high alert to look at all things, stress, food, dry air, laundry/soap, tight clothing, etc. in order to keep this manageable. Will see an allergist in December to see if there is a food connection, remember when I kept calling this a wheat rash? Well the dermatologist doesn't think it is food related. Still am planning on staying away from processed white foods regardless, cause I do feel better when I stay away from processed foods.
    Got pampered at the hair salon and really like the cut and color, made another hair appt in 6 weeks instead of avoiding it!

I'm planning on a big cleanup of the kitchen in preparation of the week ahead. Though I'm not hosting T-Day, I do plan on making a few favorites to bring to MIL (just pie and a side or two) H :) appy Friday

NYKAREN
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Thank you Katla and Joyce.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Hi Sisters, I'm home! All the animals are still alive and very happy to see me, and I them. I only gained one pound on holiday so I'm not too annoyed considering the daily cocktails by the pool during Happy Hour, LOL. I had fun, went kayaking a couple of times, swimming once or twice a day and hiked up to a beautiful waterfall. Oh, got my hair done in corn row braids, something I always wanted to do! hsvjbf6zelxo.jpg

7oy7lkd7ipnr.jpg

The highlight of the trip for me was getting to play in the water with giant old turtles that came right up and swam against my legs and wanted to petted. Hubby didn't get any photos!
    Good to be home and getting back into my routines. Rode my favourite horse today and gave my unicorn a bath and braided her mane and tail. <3 Wendy

Welcome back ... you look great!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Wendy ~ So glad you had a wonderful vacation and love the pictures you shared.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,218 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Wendy - Loving the braids! When I lost all my hair through chemo I had a dark-blonde braided wig that always got loads of compliments. Random people would just say, "Like the braids! " Congratulations on the 1 lb. Hard work pays off! :drinker:

Painter friend coming this morning to put back the door chain, check an outside leak and give us an estimate for repainting over the leak. He should be here soon.

Hair today. Just a wet cut trim. I usually just have three quarters of an inch off all round. Suits me as it's easy to put up when I exercise and I don't have to style it. I colour the roots myself, so will do that maybe Monday.

Didn't get to sleep until 2 am. Grrrrrrrrrr! I am just generally a bit tense, but nothing in particular. My heart was doing its skippy thing most of yesterday, which is a sure sign with me. Seems to be ok today. My brain gets caught in loops and a tune gets stuck or a loop thought that is totally unimportant. Reading seems to be the only help, so I decamped to the spare room. I still get the occasional coughing session from that virus I had, but it's not often.

DH has had four long emails from his elder daughter who was diagnosed with Aspergers recently. He is reading a big book about it at the moment. She seems to be adjusting very well and is keen to explain to him just how difficult her life has been and how it has affected her. She ought to write a book! One of her primary problems is "sensory overload". Very interesting. He asked if she had any problems with him telling people and she said no. Her sister, she thought, doesn't really understand, (there have been a lot of hurt feelings on her younger sister's side), and her mother (DH's ex ) doesn't like the diagnosis because she says she is "identifying with the defective". :noway: I guess that's why she is an ex. >:) We are trying to pick out a Christmas and birthday present for his daughter at the moment. Her birthday is really near Christmas.

Going to make the Starbucks sous vide Egg Bites ( copies) in the IP for dinner tonight. Everybody raves about them. ;):* I am sceptical, but wanted to try them out. Will have to make a salad to have with them. Lanette, are you using your IP?

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I got my swim in this morning and feel really good for a Friday. Most Fridays I am thrilled it is Friday, because I am so tired. But for the first time in a while, I actually feel like I have the energy to do things over the weekend.
    Heather- I can just picture you with a braided wig! You just seem to be a woman who exudes confidence no matter what is going on in her life. About the comment DH's ex made...???!!! Just wow! What a totally uncompassionate response to her own daughter's diagnosis!
    Wendy- You look so happy and relaxed in those pics! Your hair is adorable and I love the boy shorts with the bikini top! I am sure your animals are happy you are home!
    Penny- What a scheduling nightmare! I would be fuming if I flew home so a utility company could do whatever they felt that they needed to do, and they never showed. If it gives you more time in a place you love, all is well, I guess. Enjoy your time, there!
    Janet-Please don't be afraid to post! Just chat like normal. I am thinking we can still share our books we read, movies, photos of our kids and grandkids, scenery, animals we love, etc. You can even show us your artwork! Perhaps we can use the group site that Lisa set up to post links to other things? And like we always do, when it is needed, just message each other our personal info if we need it.
    Terry- I really don't deserve a halo for resisting chocolate! lol It just totally slipped my mind that night, that I had some to eat! I made up for it last night and had 9 kisses. I was still just slightly over 1000 calories for the day though, so all is well!

Well, I have to get busy. Today is Homemade bread day and the kids and I are making pretzels! Going to have to send any extras home with them. I can't resist these things! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    M Thanks for the reminders. They have their rules for a reason. I agree with M I think it is good to remind each other this is a public forum and what we post here can be read be anyone with a computer. I know if I feel what I have to say is sensitive I have messaged a person privately. As Lenora will attest when what is messaged to an individual needs to stay in the messages for privacy reasons.

Becca I had a friend who had those symptoms and it turned out excess salt in her diet was the reason. I agree ear inflections can also be the cause. Glad you are getting to the doctor.

:heart: Margaret