Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Terry ~ WHOOP! WHOOP! For You..... :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    :)Wendy, both you and your vacation look fabulous.

:)Allie, there is a lot to be said for getting your divorce over so you can be free of Tom. A wise friend told me "Money isn't the game, it's just a way to keep score." Set aside your fear that Tom might get more than he deserves and you get less and just concentrate on the peace of mind you'll have in being rid of him. Peace of mind is priceless.

:)Terry, congrats on the great number on the scale. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll continue in the right direction.

:)Joyce, good news that you don't have to deal with that silly pain contract any more. I understand the use of it for certain people, but you aren't in that category.

:'( We will be boarding the dogs for the weekend so we can go to an all day meeting on the other side of the water. We haven't been able to find a suitable dog walker so boarding is the way we know they'll be safe. Bernie can stay home because cats can be left in the house all day. I'm sure he will be confused with the dogs gone.

:) About threads versus groups. I belong to two groups and there have been no new members in years. I like that we are available for new women to find us easily. "If it works, don't fix it." We just won't post links to personal blogs or Facebook.

<3 Barbie who will walk the dogs then teach the line dance class.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    She shouted "YES!"
    She started to dance.
    Then she promptly broken down and sobbed.
    Terry had finally hit 199lbs, the first time being in the 100's in about 20 years!

It's a good day ladies, Terry

Woohoo, doing happy dance with you!!!! Way to go, girl. Great job!!!

Janetr OKC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    She shouted "YES!"
    She started to dance.
    Then she promptly broken down and sobbed.
    Terry had finally hit 199lbs, the first time being in the 100's in about 20 years!

It's a good day ladies, Terry

Terry
    - happy dancing with you! Congrats!!! <3

Lanette
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Terry - SO pleased for you, well done!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,219 Member
    Options
    Terry - Wonderful Onederland! !!! :drinker: <3<3<3:D

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those of you that sent me friends requests yesterday. But fooled around computer and got my old site back. Now to delete yesterdays' without harming this one. lol. So puter stupid even after all these years.

Linda in the far white Northern Ontario
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those of you that sent me friends requests yesterday. But fooled around computer and got my old site back. Now to delete yesterdays' without harming this one. lol. So puter stupid even after all these years.

Linda in the far white Northern Ontario

:) Computers always give us great opportunities for growth. Glad you're back and glad you fixed stuff with your computer.

<3 Barbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Wendy: Unicorn???? I'd love to see a photo. As for your photos--beautiful! How can you possibly be over 50? :huh:

Heather: As to your DH's daughter's Asperbergers diagnosis--sometimes when a person has felt out of step with the world for most of their life a diagnosis like this can be liberating. It is a shame that her mother has such a negative attitude, but a blessing for her that you and your DH are open and accepting.
    We ordered an IP from Amazon at a good sale price and have made two dishes with it so far. These are tried and true recipes & the food was excellent as always. The first meal was beef stew and the second was chili. DH is absolutely in love with the IP. I have not tried to use it due to the fact that he seems to have claimed it as his own. Our neighbor is in the same situation. Her DH has also claimed their IP. :laugh: What are sous vide egg bites? :huh:

Terry: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to onederland! :bigsmile:

Margaret: I agree with you & M about the public nature of this site. I like it this way and want to be able to continue as in the past. I am always mindful that what I say here can be read by anyone, anywhere. We all have access to private messaging when sensitive things need to be said. :flowerforyou:

Lin in N Ontario: It is good to see you here again! Yay!!! Welcome back. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    Terry- Congratulations on your success!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your nice comments. That’s why I’m here and keep coming back. I can’t thank all of you enough for your thoughts, ideas and encouragement. You all helped me to get to “onederland”!

Wendy, the pictures are lovely and you look relaxed and beautiful. Love the picture with the falls in the background. Love the corn row braid! They suit you.

Joyce, glad you are off the pain contract.

Karen, of course you wake up early. Your body is fighting so much right now. Please post a pic of the haircut and color.

Heather, Wow that was some wasps nest. I’m so happy to hear that your step daughter is communication so much with your DD. That shows the level of trust she has with him. Unfortunately, there are always nay sayers in the world. When possible, I say cut them out of your life.

Kelly, must have been the day for “kisses”. I grabbed one on the way out of the office last night. Luckily they are kept on another floor.

I like this site the way it is. It’s so nice to see new people popping in and the same ones hanging around.

Terry in “onederland”…I mean VT :D
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Linda - Welcome back! :D

Katla - They are a rip off of the $5 egg bites sold in Starbucks. Basically a creamy egg, bacon and cheese quiche/soufflé made in a ramekin. I intend to use dariole molds, well greased. I have ordered silicone baby molds, but they have to come all the way from China by sea. :s I regularly read the Instant Pot Facebook public page, from which I have learnt a lot and got a ton of recipes which I bookmark. I don't have it as a Friend though.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Katla - These aren't mine, haven't started them yet, but it's the kind of thing I'm aiming for. I'm just curious. >:)

jfmasa9oillb.png

I think the cream and cheese does NOT make them slimming. I'm having one and a big salad.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • freshslimlook
    freshslimlook Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    wildhorsewendy Just wanted to say and I am sure I am saying for many .. kudos to you, you look fabulous.. your real inspiration for all of us over 50!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Wendy, so glad your critters all survived without you! Awesome photos and you look great!!
    Terry, doing the happy dance with you! Congrats on getting to onederland!
    Heather, Holy Cr@p! That is one huge wasps nest! No wonder you had issues!
    Well, yesterday went well, stuck firmly to the plan, was even under calories (yay!) and wasn't hungry! (Woohoo!!) Hopefully this is the second day of more of the same. I'm working today, so packed my lunch and some good food snacks, so today will go well at least til dinnertime! Not sure what I'm making yet, so really will need to watch out for pitfalls..... And grazing...... Have been "baking" an apple in the microwave, segmenting and coring it first, then topping it with a few raisins, bit of brown sugar, a bit of butter, then covering it, microwave for about 2 min. So yummy! the juice from the apple along with the butter and sugar kind of caramelize, really satisfies my sweet craving, and has some nutritional value too! Low in calories also, so double bonus. I really need to find a few other things along this line, I can see me getting tired of this after awhile. Although it is really good......
    Hope everybody has a great day!!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Terry- I am happy dancing with you! Yea!!!! <3B):*
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Evelyn- You can do this! I know you can and you are doing all of the right things by bringing your own lunch and knowing where your pitfalls are going to be. I try to plan and log my meals for the entire day in the morning. That way I am more likely NOT to stray. It also lets me know exactly where I am at after each meal and if I have any wiggle room. I have been known to cut one thing out of one meal just so I can have that glass of wine after dinner. Or Hershey kisses. >:)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the caring comments ladies! Last night was busy. I move a lot in my sleep, so I had to raise up slowly, turn my head to the side I wished to sleep on then lower myself. If I didn't, my head would swirl. I also was up 5-6 times so walking to the loo was slow and careful. My head is so achy today, and my body is as well. It will be nice to find out what this all is!

Becca