WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I've had a 'great' couple of days. Totally lost yesterday. Don't remember it at all. Four seizures on Wednesday. I don't know what I am doing. I guess I am lucky I am not dead.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Thanks SueBDew!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did a step aerobics DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 10 pounds down DVD.

I wonder if any of the forums rules apply to my offering DVD's for the price of the shipping? I'm not making a profit. I don't think so. Oh, BTW, I still have the "Lift Weights to Lose Weight" DVD if anyone is interested. Postage is usually a little less than $3. Just PM me if you are interested.

janetr - why are you afraid you'd get in trouble? For what?

Wendy - glad you had such a wonderful time. Thanks for posting those pics. There is no way on this green earth that I'd ever wear a two piece. I hand it to you. Then again, with your figure, you can get away with it. Welcome back!

Ordered chocolate peeps for Vince for Christmas and his Grumpy Cat desk calendar. Hey, with my points, the calendar was free!

Jess told me last night that we're not going to her friend's house for T-day when we get to VA like we did last year. Wish she had checked with the friend before she told me that we were to go. I had things bought for the stuffing that I was going to take up, I have to return them now, I made cookies, but I'll probably just take them up to Jess'. This is such a pain, to have to return things.

I really need to get my hair cut, just don't know when I can get it done. I would like to get it cut before T-day, but I'm not sure that can happen.

Great job Terry!!!! Doing a happy dance for you

Heather - yuk!!!!

As far as groups vs. clubs -- my "concern" is if I post something like "we're leaving for xxx tomorrow and will be gone a week", you're right, M, in that it's out there for everyone to see. That's like telling someone "no one will be home so it'll be ok to rob the house" but at the same time I really like the feel of the way it is now. Is there some way to circumvent that? I know that if someone doesn't check in every few days, I get concerned. I love all the wonderful ideas

Someone posted about the good price that WalMart was having on the IP on Black Friday. What was the price? Hope they'll offer it online.

NYKaren - great haircut!

Lenora - oh, dear, four seizures. Do you know what triggers them?

Exercised, went to Aldi since my shopping list for there was getting quite long. Returned things at Ollies that I'd bought to make things to take to a friend of Jess' who Jess told me we were going to their house after we came up on T day but now tells me that they're going out of the country. Went to Food Lion to exchange some of the spaghetti I got for noodles for the mac & cheese I'll take to Jess. Helped Vince put up the arches for Christmas. Had dinner then went to Lowes Hardware since Vince wanted this certain cotton "snow" for downstairs, then to WalMart for only 3 thnigs, then Sam's since Vince wanted batteries and I wanted to look for spanakopita. They had it, and I also saw some crab rangoon and some brea bites that I got thinking I can use them for Christmas Eve.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Mmm
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I've had a 'great' couple of days. Totally lost yesterday. Don't remember it at all. Four seizures on Wednesday. I don't know what I am doing. I guess I am lucky I am not dead.
    Yikes!! Hope all gets worked out for you! {{{HUGS}}}
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    KarenNY That is a dynamite haircut. You look fabulous!

Terry Congrats on Onederland!

Wendy Love the braids. You are lovely. Glad all the critters survived. Sounds like your daughters did a good job while you were gone.

Heather For a minute I thought I had somehow missed that you had a Bluetooth InstantPot, because you were doing sous vide! Then I read the recipe for the eggs and realized you use the steam setting on your IP to make the eggs. Sounds delicious.

We did some Thanksgiving shopping today. Nice to get part of it out of the way early.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.31min, 143mhr, 10.5amph. 1.4mi= 88c
    apple watch- 73c
    JOG TREADMILL- 29.24min, 9.29min mi, 6-8sp, 137ahr, 151mhr, 5k= 296c
    apple watch- 303c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.47min, 132mhr, 15.2amph, 1.4mi= 60c
    apple watch- 55c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.15min, 146mhr, 10min mi. .5mi= 63c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta-5.09min, 9.59min mi,150mhr, .5mi = 65c
    apple watch - 55c
    ride dome 2 hm- 21.02min, 7.3amph, 153mhr, 2.5mi = 225c
    apple watch- 144

total cal 797
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    New Hair cut and color. NYKAREN

Very pretty, love the color and style. Your DH better watch out now!! :)

Janetr OKC
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Hello ladies: Got groceries bought this morning and the market was really crowded. The doctor put me on an old antibiotic for the Eustachian tube infection and the pills are huge. I could not swallow it without breaking it in half. Missed my water exercise this morning because of running errands so will do a tape at home today. Eating lots of yogurt to try to avoid yeast infection due to antibiotic.

Terry - So proud of you making it to onederland! I am at 204 right now and it seems those few pounds to lose to get below 200 are just horrendous.

Wendy - Love the hairdo and the pictures. Glad the critters survived without you but bet they are happy you are back.

Becca - Sending healing angels to you. Hope you feel better soon.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Can’t wait for you to join me in “onederland”! Yes those last few lbs to get there are so stubborn. Hang in there, you’ll make it. I’ll be scared to get on the scales tomorrow. I’m afraid it was all a dream. Lol
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Marcelyn, I love the cups and bowls. You did a great job on those. I can’t wait to see the finished product.

Michele, I love the cameleon. In fact, it may be my favorite of all your creatures. Veggie tray is too cute to eat.

Katla, so sorry about your DH and the boat. Did it get out at all this year? I know how much you two used to enjoy it and the meet ups with friends.

M, glad the dentist appointment went well. Hope the healing continues quickly.

Penny, good to hear from you. Bummer about the extra trip to the mainland but glad you enjoyed the solitude.

Okie, so sorry to hear about your DBIL. That is so sad at such a young age.

NYKaren, so sorry about the infection. I hope you heal quickly.

Wendy, welcome back. Glad the animals made it in your absence. Great pictures.

Terry, congrats-smiley-emoticon.gif So happy for you. Well done!!!

Heather, I couldn’t’ figure out what that was in your vent until I saw the next picture. I’m surprised any air got through.

NYKaren, nice new hairdo.

Rori, so glad you liked the new care giver. I hope her schedule will work with yours.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I haven’t posted as much this week as I’ve been extra busy. I think I was out with the Moose three days this week. That doesn’t lend well to eating right either. DH and I had a Day Date today and mostly rode around to look at some of the things that have changed around town. Especially on the ocean they are always tearing down the old and building new. We stopped and got lunch on the way home. I am steadily getting the gifts in gift bags with the tissue paper, all ready for the Dec. 9 Christmas party. I stopped by the venue today while we were out to check on table placement. I don’t care if we are a Forum or a Group as long as we all stay together. It does seem the Groups are harder to find for newbies.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Lenora: Worried about you! Are you seeing a doctor about the seizures?

Terry: Can you hear me cheering for you??? Fantastic progress. Keep it up.

Wendy: Your braids are awesome. How long did it take to get them done? So glad the animals are okay.

KarenNY: Your hair looks beautiful. I will be up in Briarcliff Manor, but scheduled so tight that I don't think we'll be able to connect this time. I'll be back in February.

New caregiver who came yesterday was a sweetie. She has been working for 2 years in a day care facility, and only recently made the switch to home care. DH regaled her with his stories, and she was attentive and kind. And, she likes cooking, so hoping I can get her to fit us into her busy schedule for occasional care, especially the days I'm out of town.

I took today off thinking I'd get a jump on the grocery shopping crowd. WRONG! Everyone seemed to have the same idea. The weather was a balmy 70 degrees, which is crazy for this time in November. No complaints. I am planning to take off every Friday between now and the end of the year. Can't tell you how excited I am about that.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Glad the caretaker was what you were looking for. I took Fridays off for a few months this summer. You’ll love it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    *14,000 steps
    *121 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *94 minutes riding the exercise bike
    *two hour line dance class

:'( Less walking than usual today because we boarded the dogs. We don't have a satisfactory dog walker for when we are gone all day, so we've boarded the dogs in order to go on an all day adventure tomorrow. We can't pick them up until Monday morning. We have to get up really early tomorrow to drive for about an hour to catch the 8 AM ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island. It will be a beautiful drive and ferry ride with a meeting with friends in the middle.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today was National Take a Hike Day!

I did not take a hike, but I did take a long walk around downtown Bryan, Texas.

Terry – Woohoo! I’m close to that milestone, but haven’t quite made it yet.

Heather – Wow, guess that’s not what you were expecting to find in your vent! It’s beautiful, though.

We managed to arrive in Bryan right as the big tree-lighting ceremony was happening (couldn’t wait until after Thanksgiving, I guess…) and downtown is a madhouse! We lucked into a parking spot, checked into our hotel (street parking only), and took a long walk around downtown with Luna. Was glad to be able to do it, because in the course of making cookies for an event tomorrow I ate some cookies last night. Just testing, you know…

-Yvonne in TX
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Barbieoooh where on Whidbey island? My son lives in Oak Harbor, probably too far up, just yell out the window k? Haha! Enjoy the island life!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kim in No CA - You are Awwmazing!!!!!!!!!! Don't know how you keep up with all that you do. You're da bomb :)

Janetr OKC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Yay, Terry! I remember crying happy tears for onederland myself. It’s a great feeling.

Nice haircut, NYKaren! I love your backsplash, too.

I will look for Lisa’s group and join it. It will be a good place for us to adjourn to share links that aren’t allowed here. I like the idea of keeping this thread in motivation and support, though, so that we are easily found by newbies. It probably doesn’t hurt us to be reminded about over-sharing personal info, though.

I totally get the rules about not posting links to competing sites. I suppose skinny taste could be considered a competing site. My absolute favorite discussion board, before this one of course, was a no longer in existence board on organizing your home and decluttering. That board went absolutely ballistic if you mentioned FlyLady. And I am incredibly thankful for the rule against soliciting.

Lenora! Thanks for checking in. Please take care.

Still busy. Still struggling. I’m actually looking forward to the holidays for a break from my volunteer stuff. I need to focus on my house, my health, my family for a change.

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wendy, love your vacation pictures and your braids!
    Terry, WOW good job amazing!
    My sister and I just finished our 9th day of trial and I am so ready for the weekend....

Betsy in Nome Alaska and counting the days till I'll be back in NW Washington. :)