WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Barbieoooh where on Whidbey island? My son lives in Oak Harbor, probably too far up, just yell out the window k? Haha! Enjoy the island life!
    Becca
    Oregon

:) I mentioned Whidbey Island especially for you because I knew you'd appreciate where we're going. The ferry lands at Coupeville and we have an hour's drive from the ferry to Anacortes. The drive will take us through Oak Harbor. If you were already living there we could have waved to each other.

Awe, well when you travel up Hwy 20, there's a restaurant called " The Hanger", with and airplane motif, on the left. You can wave then! My son is near there! Have fun! Maybe you can see some nice sky con trails made by the jet pilots! Last week a pilot made a phatic symbol in sky, (maybe he was bored). The Navy was NOT amused! Haha!
    Becca
    When we move there, you better not just wave though, we shall have to meet up, laugh, drink tea and tell lies!
    ( my mom used to say a phrase, let's laugh, drink wine and tell lies, to her friends, but I don't drink so tea or coffee four me!)
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Lanette, still so sore friend! Other muscles compensating I guess. See the doc later this morning. I'll let you know what she says.
    Becca
    Smile! It looks maaauvalous on youuuu!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lenora: I am glad you aren't dead but I'm worried about the seizures. Have you seen your doctor yet? :huh:

DJ: We haven't taken the boat out of is slip for more than a year. I've spent time on the boat cleaning and making sure things are okay but that is all. I am having a hard time letting go but I know the smart thing would be to sell. I haven't been able to make that decision yet. :sad:

Barbie: Whidbey Island is a lovely destination & anacortes can be a fun little town. I hope you have a grand time on the ferry ride and meeting your friends. :bigsmile:

Kim: When we travel we leave our pooch with the vet. He is in a situation where he has a private cage that is big enough to move around in, and lots of walks and potty breaks. We don't do this often, but the fourth of July will be required. He is terrified of the fireworks and has been a mess ever since this year's "celebration." The firecrackers and such went on for more than a week across the river in Washington where they're legal. The sound comes straight over the water to our house. :grumble:

Heather: We haven't made hardboiled eggs with the IP yet. We have a pretty good system in place already and are able to peel them easily. We steam them in a basket above the boiling water. It works very well. We'll have to consider the IP method, too. :bigsmile:

Machka: Giving gifts to children is a challenge and when they're kids we don't see frequently it is even worse. Have you asked their parents for suggestions? I always need to do this for my grandchildren. :star:

I gave every pill from the vet to my dog and it was great. No potty problems. We finished the round of medicine and we're back to yellow liquid. I'll call for an appointment when the office opens. This is worrisome.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Lanette when he took it out lately he can take out with no penalty.when we did the kitchen he was able to borrow against it and put it back in.

Allie - that's good news! Happy that it won't be a worry! <3

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    yo peeps
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Pip- Kirby get his hair cut yet? waiting on pictures
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Headachy/tummyachy. :grumble:
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Thank you DJ, Kim , and Sharon.
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Cool Lisa in NC! Nice place to look to see where peeps are from etc.
    Becca
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Today was National Take a Hike Day!

I did not take a hike, but I did take a long walk around downtown Bryan, Texas.

Terry – Woohoo! I’m close to that milestone, but haven’t quite made it yet.

Heather – Wow, guess that’s not what you were expecting to find in your vent! It’s beautiful, though.

We managed to arrive in Bryan right as the big tree-lighting ceremony was happening (couldn’t wait until after Thanksgiving, I guess…) and downtown is a madhouse! We lucked into a parking spot, checked into our hotel (street parking only), and took a long walk around downtown with Luna. Was glad to be able to do it, because in the course of making cookies for an event tomorrow I ate some cookies last night. Just testing, you know…

-Yvonne in TX

I would have loved to meet up with you as Bryan is just up the street so to speak from College Station! Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Cheri
    in College Station for 1 more night then flying off to Midlothian, VA for 2 weeks!!!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    becca I think a little chocolate is absolutely called for. Hate feeling dizzy, heal up quick. And 10 lbs lost is nothing to sneeze at, it’s a win!!

NYKAREN
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, thanks so much for all the sweet comments. I do get random comments from strangers who like my braids. It took a woman at the local market in Vanuatu about twenty minutes to do it. She told me all about her life. She was a widow with three children to raise and school on her own. School fees are expensive there and that's why all the women were working at the market, trying to raise enough money to send their kids to school. The whole country is like 99% Christian. Many of the first missionaries to the country were eaten, as the natives were cannabils, but eventually the whole of the islands was converted though there are still pockets of black magic sorcery areas.

Terry I am pleased you are making progress! One step forward, two back, sometimes it feels like, but those that persevere will win their prize!

I liked that quote:

We just sang such a song titled I Believe the words were taken off the wall at Auschwitz:

I believe in the sun even when it is not shining.
    I believe in love even when I don't feel it.
    I believe in God even when he is silent.
    I believe in love even when I don't feel it.

It is good to remember and to hold onto our faith and belief.

I went for my long run at the forest yesteday with Jock. Now I am going to have an easy week as my half marathon is on Sunday.

<3 Wendy
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, just posted and my post disappeared into cyber space. That's the first time it's happened to me. LOL. Annoying. Grrrh. Just saying thanks for the nice comments on my hair. A widow at the local market braided it in about twenty minutes. She works to raise money to send her three kids to school.

Terry, well done and keep on going.

I love the reminder that the sun and God and love are there all the time, even if we don't feel them at the moment.

Went for my last long forest run with Jock before my half marathon this Sunday. <3 to all Wendy
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    usahah9tss6j.jpg
    Before, we just finished working out so his hair is wet
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well here's my update. The doctor stated it sounds like I have positional vertigo.

I have dealt with positional vertigo for about five years. It usually has to do with the otoliths in your inner ear getting out of place. There are some simple exercises you can do when you feel a dizzy spell coming on to get them back in place. Google vertigo exercises and there should be some you tube videos that come up. I basically lie on my bed with my head over the side and do a slow roll to move them back so they tickle the hairs in the inner ear rightly again. It’s all a balance thing. I’ve been able to control it totally without any medication after the first bout with it. That first time I couldn’t even stand up let alone walk!

Trimmed all my pots so they are footed and drying. Put handles on my mugs and I’m anxious to have them dry! I’m always impatient for the next step. Since I can’t do much with them I decided to sew more doll clothes for my granddaughters Christmas present. They are turning out wonderful. But our area lost power so no sewing for a few hours. Think this calls for a flashlight and a book!