WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Janet's, the ornaments will be recieved andloved with much joy. I think it was Lanetter that asked for a picture of them on my tree. They aren't for me. I will give them to my siblings and daughter. I always put something special in thier stockings and this year it will be Janet's ornaments. Although the more she puts up, the more I want to buy!

Margaret, I love that song you posted.mi will have to look it up. I agree on the applause. When you are singing must in a church you aren't singing a concert, you are singing to God, praising Him. We did have one music minister that would always say that if you feel you must applaud, give your applause to God and not the performers. I am one of them at my church that simply say Amen after a soloist sings. Now the Amen may be a bit heartier if the song was better or not.

I guess I didn't realize that Thanksgiving is this coming Thursday! So I did so,e cleaning in the kitchen and will need to do some big cleaning this week. I'm glad it is just the small group, about 12 of us. The cooking, setting up tables, cleaning and noise will be much easier. I do miss having Christmas at our house. I don't know how Mom and Dad would have handled having Christmas in some lace other than a family home. But when you have two nephews that just keep popping out he babies you just have to make changes. I just wish they would marry. The youngest nephew who is about 22 so far hasn't had any babies. He was engaged after dating only about a month and she was pregnant but miscarried. So he has shown he is as fertile as his brother.

I don't know if any of the rest of you had storms today or not but it was fierce. We didn't have any damage but there were lines down,mores, over and such here in town.

I personally did not like Ketaro's collection on Promect Runway. His was the most artistic but I like wearable things. How is J C Penmy going to sell his things. Now I would love to see Ayana's wedding dress sold. The entire thing including the head piece was fabulous. I think her first couple of pieces did her in. To me they looked more like pajamas. But they were athletic and street wear.

To those who have not followed Project Runway, they had a contestant who was Muslim and her whole campaign was to design for the modest woman. Her necklines were always to the neck, she did make a skirt hat had a slit in it but everything was a modest line. Amd it was very well recieved.

I guess I missed what happened to Lenora. Hope you are OK. I know you have had a problem with seizures in the past.

Love you all Joyce, Indiana
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M - I know that if someone is gone for a week and doesn't check in until they come back, I do get concerned that something happened. I guess you could just make a short post "everything's fine" until you get back.

You can log in while you're travelling.

I just did. My previous response to you was while we were away for the weekend. Now we're back. When you've got your laptop and phone with you wherever you go, you can continue to use it wherever you are. :)

When we were travelling the world in 2012, I was emailing, checking Facebook, etc. from our tent in the evenings wherever we were. :grin:

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Yup awake at 2 and not going back to sleep.might as well get up and be productive.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Becca - There is a good utube video on the Epley manoeuvre which is very easy to understand. I did it for my husband. It was scary for him while we were doing it, because the whole world was spinning, but afterwards he was completely fine and has been ever since. It is a total miracle and painless.
    There are also instructions on the Internet.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Weight up a couple of pounds, in one of those up and down cycles. Need a few kicks to get me back on track. 4 weeks until Spain trip so need to lose a bit to allow for Spanish food and drink

Boiler still not working, new part been ordered but won't arrive until Tue at the earliest and then we're not sure that will do the trick, if not it is defo new boiler which will probably be another week grrr. Why can't boilers break down when weather is warmer?

PIP love the haircuts

BECCA my DD also used the Epley manoeuvre very successfully hope you feel better soon

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well since I have been up since 2 and it's rainy and yucky out.i made the deviled eggs and now to get to the gym.its now or never .
  • Machka9
    Options
    Well since I have been up since 2 and it's rainy and yucky out.i made the deviled eggs and now to get to the gym.its now or never .

When you say 2, do you mean 2 in the morning? I get up at 2 am as well. 2 am is one hour after I go to bed, and I usually need to get up for a moment then to use the toilet ... and go right back to bed!!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Forgot to ask what on earth are peeps?

Kate
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Saturday -- My husband and I cycled our November Century!

We're a little out of shape this month, and I'm recovering from dental surgery. My stitches are out now, and it's healing well, but in addition to the aches and pains of being out of shape, my jaw is sore!!

Nevertheless, we made it! :)

Distance: 162.3km
    Elevation: 1,477m
    Moving Time: 8:27:21
    Elapsed Time: 9:58:21
    Speed: Avg: 19.2 km/h | Max: 47.5 km/h

When I woke up this morning, my legs were tired which was to be expected, but my right shoulder, right side of my neck, right side of my jaw (the one that is broken because of the dental surgery), and whole right side of my head were in agony.

We loaded up the van, and returned home via parts of another cycling route I am in the process of designing. I had designed it and drew it up in Ride with GPS, but because we don't live in that part of Tasmania, I wanted to check it in person. So there was some stop and start and pulling U-turns, and small narrow roads etc. along the way. By the time we had finished checking the unfamiliar part, and had hit the highway to finish our journey home, my shoulder, neck, jaw and head had gone from bad to worse.

Of course, we stopped for groceries on the way home ... but that was actually not too bad. It was probably good to get out and walk a little bit.

And then, once we had unloaded the van .............. I headed straight for the bedroom and lay down. I was only going to lie down for about half an hour to rest my head, but ended up sleeping for about 1.5 hour!! However, I felt so much better for it!

My husband and I had a nice stroll down to our beach and back this evening, and it was even warm enough we could do the walk at 7 pm in T-shirts ... nice! :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yes 2 am ,and I did get to the gym did about 15 mins on recumbent bike and about 10 min on treadmill and used some hand weights so I'm getting there.

I couldn't imagine getting up at that hour! But then, for me, it would mean I've only had 1 hour's sleep ... maybe 2 on a good night. And some nights, especially on the weekend, I go to bed at 2 am!

Well done on the gym work. :)
  • Machka9
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nov 2015: 660.21 km (410.23 miles) = 60 hours 41 min
    Nov 2016: 403 km (250.4 miles) = 52 hours 16 min

2017 Monthly November
    Walking Distance (km): 88.0
    Walking Time (min): 1066.3
    Cycling Distance (km): 196.8
    Cycling Time (min): 615.9
    Stairs Climbed Number: 124.0 (flights of 20 stairs, up and down, plus the landings)
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 99.2
    Other Distance: 1.6
    Other Time: 10.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 286.4
    Total Distance (miles): 177.9
    Total Time (min): 1791.4
    Total Time (hr): 29:51:24

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm going to get up to the hours I've put in during previous Novembers.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    ON a side note: I turned 51 yesterday.

Happy Birthday!! :)

And our most recent holiday here was the last weekend of October: Royal Hobart Show Day. It's actually a Thursday, but I took the Friday off too.

Our next holiday is Christmas.

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Joyce I agree about wearable. For fun wearable clothes I think Margaritta should have won. Penney's would be smart to approach her. For me I like classic styles that I can wear for more than a few years. I hand wash or wash my clothes on gentle and rarely use a dryer, so my clothes last forever.

Any news on Lenora. Prayers for her as she heals.

:heart: Margaret
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Kelly - <3 Happy Birthday!! <3 I hope you can find some time to make this day special for you.

Regarding your insurance, I believe as long as you have "Creditable Coverage" (the COBRA) you can sign up for new insurance as soon as the old one runs out any time of the year. I've never dealt with the ACA but I have a hunch it's the same as for signing up for Medicare or switching insurances. Does Michigan have a Health Plan hotline or similar where you could ask that question?

Hey, maybe a headhunter will offer your DH the perfect job with super insurance benefits in the meantime.

Good luck!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kelly~
    have Pandora playing and they are playing nice relaxing music.. will hop in the shower in a bit and this is where I miss soaking in a tub just to relax and fall asleep.. bringing Chester over tonight. we shall see how that goes..