WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Marcelynn ~ The doll outfit is so cute. Your granddaughter will love it. I admire all the time and talent it must take to make the tiny clothes.

Pip and Kirby ~ Twin haircuts! Will be so much easier to keep.

Kelly ~ Happy Birthday! We are like your DH and really don’t celebrate our BD’s. This year turning 69 has really bothered me.

Alison ~ Congrats on getting to the gym but I am sorry you woke up so early.

Heather ~ Happy Anniversary! What are you cooking for your 3 course meal?

I am still suffering with the nerve pain from my shingles. I think a lot of it is because it is under my armpit and hurts when I raise my arm and when clothing touches it.

We are going to my DnL's mother's house for Thanksgiving. I am taking my Southern Cornbread Dressing and Gravy. No store bought boxed or packaged stuff. Paula Dean has a similar recipe if anyone is interested.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: That is quite a change in hairstyles. I hope you enjoy it. You both look great. :star:

Felicia: Enjoy your trip. :smiley:

DJ: Thanks for your kind thoughts about feeling better. DH & I are both down with something. Bleah! Renting out our boat is not an option we would choose. It is too easy for someone who doesn't know how to manage a boat to mess things up, and that would be expensive. All of the boats around here except fishing boats pretty much stay in their slips in the winter. The Portland Christmas Ships fleet is a notable exception. They get out and have a parade almost every night from sometime after Thanksgiving until Christmas. They come to our stretch of river one night a year. This year it will be 12/09. The boats are decorated with all sorts of fun light displays and they give us a lovely performance, then go down river to the next little town, and eventually come back and tie up at the city docks. The next day they head back to Portland & hold more parades almost until Christmas. It is a fun tradition. :star:

Sue in WA: Enjoy your time with your DGD. You lucky woman! :bigsmile:

Wendy: Esmerelda is a beautiful Unicorn, and a good sport. :star:

Kim: I love your Thanksgiving wreath! :bigsmile:

Machka: I also use my laptop and phone to keep up my logging and posting whether I'm travelling or at home. When we cruised in our boat I did the same as you--logged every day and checked in with friends & family whenever we had internet service. :star:

Kate: Peeps are candy shaped like chicks made from marshmallow foam. They're everywhere at Easter. I tried one once as a child and spit it out. I've always thought they are disgusting. :ohwell:

KJLaMore: Happy 51st Birthday! I hope you have a great year. I think you've been here more than a year so you were an underage 50+ member for a while, weren't you? :devil:

Heather: Happy upcoming 13th Anniversary! I hope you have a great celebration. :heart:

We are planning to spend Thanksgiving with my DSIL again this year. Our daughter invited us to stay with her but DH won't do it. He can be an *ss about some things and this is definitely one of them. I understand that he needs a private and clean place to take his insulin. I don't blame him for that. But I do get to feeling like there is a tug of war between DD's needs and his, and I'm the rope they both pull. It is a no win situation for me.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous pics of Israel. B) xxxxxxxxxx

Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Forgot to ask what on earth are peeps?

Kate

you are a peep according to me.. the desert? is another thing
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: That is quite a change in hairstyles. I hope you enjoy it. You both look great. :star:

Felicia: Enjoy your trip. :smiley:

DJ: Thanks for your kind thoughts about feeling better. DH & I are both down with something. Bleah! Renting out our boat is not an option we would choose. It is too easy for someone who doesn't know how to manage a boat to mess things up, and that would be expensive. All of the boats around here except fishing boats pretty much stay in their slips in the winter. The Portland Christmas Ships fleet is a notable exception. They get out and have a parade almost every night from sometime after Thanksgiving until Christmas. They come to our stretch of river one night a year. This year it will be 12/09. The boats are decorated with all sorts of fun light displays and they give us a lovely performance, then go down river to the next little town, and eventually come back and tie up at the city docks. The next day they head back to Portland & hold more parades almost until Christmas. It is a fun tradition. :star:

Sue in WA: Enjoy your time with your DGD. You lucky woman! :bigsmile:

Wendy: Esmerelda is a beautiful Unicorn, and a good sport. :star:

Kim: I love your Thanksgiving wreath! :bigsmile:

Machka: I also use my laptop and phone to keep up my logging and posting whether I'm travelling or at home. When we cruised in our boat I did the same as you--logged every day and checked in with friends & family whenever we had internet service. :star:

Kate: Peeps are candy shaped like chicks made from marshmallow foam. They're everywhere at Easter. I tried one once as a child and spit it out. I've always thought they are disgusting. :ohwell:

KJLaMore: Happy 51st Birthday! I hope you have a great year. I think you've been here more than a year so you were an underage 50+ member for a while, weren't you? :devil:

Heather: Happy upcoming 13th Anniversary! I hope you have a great celebration. :heart:

We are planning to spend Thanksgiving with my DSIL again this year. Our daughter invited us to stay with her but DH won't do it. He can be an *ss about some things and this is definitely one of them. I understand that he needs a private and clean place to take his insulin. I don't blame him for that. But I do get to feeling like there is a tug of war between DD's needs and his, and I'm the rope they both pull. It is a no win situation for me.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

they are actually old hair cuts we have had b4 that have come back.. thanks!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    yo peeps-

we have bed heads and they both look like they were styled to look like this, lololol

thanks for all the compliments.. will b easier to take care of for sure
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Peeps..... you have to look up peep dioramas. I have a friend that does them every year at Easter and they are hilarious. She makes full scenes using different peeps. Last year she did one that was a beach scene, she had peeps in bathing suits out in the sun, surfers, kids with melting ice cream. She puts a lot of work into them. Don't think I'd do that for a marshmallow candy... lol

Marcelyn
    Enjoying cooler weather in Houston
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Peeps: originally an Easter candy (marshmallow and colored sugar) called peep because they resembled little chicks. As a Child I remember pink and yellow ones, and later bunny shaped ones.

Now all sorts of shapes, colors and holidays are represented- and according to this thread : chocolate ones?

Another peep pic I took this spring
    dyvjlhjb4hu6.png
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Mmm
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kelly!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Kate UK, sucks about the boiler! Sure hope that the new part will fix it, keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Pip, I was going to say that Kirby looked just fine with the long hair, but the short cut really does suit him! Your short cut also looks good, definitely easier to take care of, especially when you spend so much time in a helmut!

Lisa, read your blog yesterday, thank you so much for sharing all that you did. How lovely that DH's kids have embraced you as their own! And how lovely that you are there to help with the kids (and get to know them!) and be there for DD.

Marcelyn, the dressing gown for the doll is just so perfect! When I was a kid, my mom made some clothes for my barbie doll, up to and including a bra and panties! I liked it then, but now I marvel that she was able to do so much tiny sewing! Definitely not up my alley! I do sew, but not itty bitty stuff like that! lol
    Peeps are gross! I'm one of the haters of all things marshmallow! Well, except the cookies with the biscuit, marshmallow, jam and of course drenched in chocolate...... I think they're called Mallo Puffs or something like that up here, I avoid buying them because I will eat WAY too many of them! And DH isn't that fond of them, so.... don't need that kind of temptation in the house.

Machka, so sorry to hear that you were in so much pain from the ride/surgery combination! Hope you are feeling better today. Clearly your body needed that rest, if you napped for 1.5 hours!
    Allie, it's a nice thing that you are doing for the dogs. It will be better for them to have someone there, and like you said, you are doing it for them, not Tom.

Wendy, your unicorn looks awesome!!

Sharon, I must have missed it, but what happened to your ankle? I saw the part about the cortisone shot, is that what's causing so much pain? Sure hope you are feeling better soon!

Well, darn, can't remember anybody else that I was going to comment on, I should have opened up notepad or something, but I'm at work again, so don't like to do too much to the computer. At home, I've opened up MFP twice, have them both side by side, read only on one and comments on the other. That works well, really need to remember to do that more often.
    So, yesterday was day 3 since I came up with the whole "I WANT to take care of my home, I WANT to take care of my health" mantra, but last night I fell face first into a box of triscuits.... Not the worst think I know, and I did put some on a plate, and put the box away. I also topped them with cheese and microwaved..... Yummy! I truly did enjoy them, and the scale was kind this morning, so maybe I didn't do as much damage as I thought. I have been really good the last few days, not staying under my goals completely, but not going over by too much, like less that 50 calories. And I don't always count all the walking that I do at work, so, hopefully it will work in my favor. And yesterday I did do a lot of walking, I also did a lot of walking on Friday, on top of going to the gym on Friday. I did track gym time, but didn't bother with the work walking, even though it was another 30 min. I was already under points on Fri, so.... I work pretty much the same hours that the gym is open on the weekends, which kinds sucks, but...
    Anyway, should go, I see there are a few more comments that I'll need to catch up on! Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island.
  • evie1958
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kelly! It's not selfish of you to want to celebrate a bit on your birthday! Hope you enjoy your lunch out!
    Evelyn
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kelly.

In the spring the Pioneer Press, our local newspaper, has a diorama contest for who can come up with the best diorama and video using peeps. Many are quite creative and fun. The winners win toothbrushes and a claim to fame. I think other cities have followed suit. Often times people depict current movies, celebrities, works or art, or current events.

:heart: Margaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Oh my! The Barbecoa Beef recipe from Skinny Taste is sooooooooooooo good. I used chuck and did it for more than the recommended time. Anyone with a pressure cooker can make it. I didn't make it too spicy because DH can't take it. :p:*:)
    Had it with roasted butternut squash and roasted cauliflower. A teaspoon of half fat creme fraiche. Less than 400 calories.

Currently trying to pick out Christmas presents for the grandchildren. :sad: The links DDIL sent haven't worked. I've asked her to send again. Edie wants a new baby doll, or a watch. Max wants something engineering. Bea wants Playdo and clothes. I can't tell you how difficult this is for me. :sad:
    They want to know what we want. ;):*:/ I don't want anything. I have more than enough.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    Options
    Heather, good luck with the Christmas gifts! And I totally understand what you mean about not wanting anything, we have way more stuff than we need! Although photos of grandson are NEVER a bad idea! lol Last year they gave us a calendar with photos of dgs, love it!
    Evelyn