WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Did a yoga for Belly Butt and Thighs DVD. There is another section for the abs but I'll probably do that another day. The plan for tomorrow is to do the 10 Minute Yoga Fix DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Felicia - so glad you made it safe and sound. Have a great time (I know you will) Fantastic pictures

Kim - will they let you postpone your jury duty if you explain how seasonal-affected your business is? I don't have any idea, I have never had that experience. Just wondering.

Joyce - I'm sorry those ornaments aren't going on your tree but glad they're going to a good home. You can buy more and decorate you tree with them....just sayin'. I started to get things together to take to Jess, today I'll probably clean the floor (don't want to go away with the house a mess!) and clean the stove. I probably won't use the stove much before we leave. It was VERY windy early in the day yesterday.

M - that's what I was thinking. I usually take my laptop with me when we go somewhere. But if I don't I have my tablet usually.

Kate - they don't have Peeps over there? Peeps are marshmallow chicks (and other shapes, there are pumpkins, gingerbread men, etc). They are usually for the holidays. Personally, I'm not a fan of peeps

Allie - you sound so very happy. I'm so happy for you

KJ - I'm so sorry about your MIL. Glad it wasn't real serious. But what a worry for you! Happy belated birthday!

Heather - I've found that sometimes Amazon will send this tiny tiny thing in a big big box. Well, I guess that's about the smallest box they have....lol Happy anniversary!

Carol - you poor dear! Hope you're better fast

rye - yup, chocolate peeps. I thought maybe they'd have them in the store at Halloween time, but I didn't see any. Just chocolate covered ones. Here is what they are like: https://www.amazon.com/Peeps-Chocolate-Flavored-Marshmallow-Christmas/dp/B00GOH30UU/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1511114418&sr=8

Kim - How I wish we could have a clothes line! Our HOA won't allow it. Well, they don't allow those plastic sheds, either but we have one. Only it's under the deck, no one can see it. All we have in it are pool things. But you will be able to see a clothes line. I do hang my bedspreads and mattress pads out on the deck. Way to go on those pants! Wait till you tell your mother how much you spent on three pairs!

suebdew - I'll probably really get started on Christmas after Thanksgiving. However, I do have all the popcorn strung, I did get two gifts for Vince online and I started on the menu for Christmas Eve dinner.

drkatiebug - I have a countertop roaster. Yes, it gets used only once/year. But we cook the turkey in it which leaves the oven free for anything else. Invest in one. They are worth their weight in gold even if you only use it once/year.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    Kelly,
    642442s5am4b2ugx.gif
  • barbiecat
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    *18,000 steps
    *135 minutes walking by myself and with a friend
    *160 minutes riding the exercise bike

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
    sumo squat 3 x 10 @ 30 lbs
    deadlift 3 x 10 @ 30 lbs
    overhead raise 3 x 10 @ 15 lbs

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Happ birthday to Kelly. I hope the kids do something tomorrow to help you celebrate.

Happy 13th to Heather. I am sure there will be many more. My kids like to do an Amazon wish list so I can see specifically what they want. Sometimes you can find the items in a store or just go ahead and buy them off Amazon. I think there is somewhere on the wish list when you can indicate that you have purchased it so no one else will get it. It's like a wedding registry but on Amazon. Trinity did it for her birthday and it helped a lot. She didn't mind if something was like the item she chose. Some of the things were expensive but sometimes people go in together. Yup can also send that list to. Ultimate people. I may have my nephews do that for their kids.

It has been one gorgeous day here. It's been in the upper 40s to low 50s but sun shining bright. Thanksgiving day is supposed to be the same. On the weather report tonight they said our bad weather Saturday did have two tornados. We had a power outage last night. Really disrupted my sleep. I was in bed, CPAP on, almost asleep when it went out. So first of all you can't breath because that .
    CPAP pillow is in your nose and my sound machine goes off. I really depend on that sound machine. I had to set my alarm on both my iPad and phone so I could get up in time for church. After about an hour it came back on so get back up, set the correct time on the clock, in the end, I didn't sleep worth a hoot, woke up with a bad headache and sore back which I have had all day. Charlie was down in the family room when the electric went out so I knew the first thing he would check was to see if we could find something wrong with the fuse box. He was so confused. The family room was pitch black and he knew the correct direction to go toward but he wasn't going that way at all. I keep a little flashlight at my bedside and had that with me and gave it to him. It still took him a few seconds to get adjusted. It scared him that he couldn't find his way. I walk up here I the dark all the time. There is just enough light from the patio door that I can see a little. My niece's husband is blind so I just try to channel my inner Joel. If he can do it, so can I.

We hadn't done any grocery shopping for thanksgiving at all so we went to Walmart this afternoon. MISTAKE it wasn't that crowded but Sunday just isn't a good day, items aren't restocked yet. So now I have a list that I still need to get. My corn casserole calls for a box of Jiffy corn bread mix. Well the only Jiffy cornbread mix hey had was this huge box! I need one little box. I don't make corn bread at all because it tastes to good. I also couldn't find big cans of vegetables.

Ahhhh, Peeps. I can taste part of one but they are just to sugary sweet. My mince and daughter can eat several packages. That niece is e one who is a juvenile diabetic, in kidney failure, heart attack, and nearly blind from her diabetes. But she will still eat her peeps. Some people never learn.

Night night, Joyce, Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept much better last night, guess the meletonin does work...and had Mr Chester next to me all night.. nothing like a dog snuggled up to you, to help you sleep.. let him outside to do his business and what do I see but that ugly white stuff on the ground .. nice to look at .maybe on Christmas Eve but YUCK.
    yes I really enjoyed yesterday.. enjoyed being with friends and poor June, That is Bev's mom she is 88 and lives alone ,but has companions come in ,Bev works in Boston for the Berkley College of Music and is always having to come down for some emergency with her mom.. she did come out with us yesterday and has a walker and she just kept wanting to know if I was right there to help her.. bless her heart.. I try and help out Bev when I can and have a key to the house in case of emergency, they are 2 doors down from Tom.
    only working 2 1/2 days this week and hoping to get at least 4 hrs holiday pay.. but they wont let us use any sick time ,so we tell our manager when we are going to be sick :wink:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I'm on the "no gifts" list, too. We have too much stuff already. I would like photos of our children & grandchildren. :star:

Kelly: Happy Birthday!!! :bigsmile:

Becca: I looked up the Epley Maneuver and found loads of information online. I'm glad you were able to use it to help yourself feel better. :smiley:

Peach: I'm so sorry that you've got shingles. I understand that any of us who ever had chicken pox are at risk for them. A sailing friend had them a few years ago and it took a while for them to go away, but she did eventually get better. (((HUGS)))

It is 2:30 am here and I am sitting up posting because I felt too awful to stay in bed. I have a headache and acid tummy. I'm hoping that this will go away promptly & not interfere with our Thanksgiving travel plans.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Made a wreath yesterday as I’ll be teaching a class at work as a brown bag lunch. It willing be every day for a week. Two different classes. A total of 16 with 8 in each class. I had never decorated a vine wreath so thought I’d better do one myself before I tried to show someone else. It turned out nice but was a pain to make. Glad I tried it ahead of time. The classes are part of our wellness program at work. It is the week of December 4th. I’ll post a pic tomorrow.

Nice!

They've tried to do something like that where I work, but unfortunately they didn't last very long. I wish they'd bring them back, even just once every couple weeks.

Meanwhile, we've got a new wellness program that started today. We're supposed to log the number of servings of veggies, and all kinds of different things, with the goal of reducing our "bio age". Funny thing was, I did their bio age quiz and came up 3 years younger than I am. :grin: But evidently I can work toward being 7 years younger than I am!! I only wish. :grin:

M in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Carol - so sorry about the shingles... I watched my boss go through it when I was managing the paper, and it was so painful.

Machka - such a gorgeous place you live. Corey and I are thinking about heading down to Myrtle Beach this weekend, as it's off season, and hotels cost very little at this time of year. Still tossing it around, but the idea of dipping my toes in the ocean, even at 60 degrees here (15 C) sounds wonderful.

Am back to work for two days, then five off for Thanksgiving--my council is very generous with time off, and since we're ordinarily off every Friday, gave us the Wednesday prior to the holiday. I'm very blessed with my job.

Speaking of which, Rori - I didn't realize the four-day workweeks were a council thing and not a GSUSA thing. I recommend the Friday off thing very highly, and hope you enjoy them enormously! Glad to hear you found another person who you like who can assist. I think of you often.

And Allie, I saw your name pop up on my blog likes and was thinking, "Who the heck IS that!" and realized it was you. Sent you a friend request on FB.

Wading through trying to get health insurance sorted out--am dropping mine from the Girl Scouts and trying to get Corey on the healthcare.gov marketplace. We're paying more than $600 a month through my work for both of us, which has just become insupportable on only one income. I'm in the VA system, though I haven't gotten in touch with them here as of yet, but it covers my healthcare. If we can get Corey onto health insurance through the marketplace, it should drop that down quite sharply. Fingers crossed.

Off to work. Love y'all!
    Lisa in NC
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Joyce, We didn't finish watching the finals of the Jeopardy Championship until yesterday. The three finalists were my favorites from the whole year so I would have been happy if any of them had won. Yes, I agree with you and Alex, that it was the most fun final they ever had. Now I wish there were a way to bring them back again to play in some other tournament.

:) About gifts--we don't give any and we ask our friends and family to not give us anything. The only exception is that we sent a check for $15.00 to grandchildren on their birthdays. It took a few years to get this firmly in place but I feel so grateful at this time of year and around my birthday that I'm not thinking of buying gifts and no one else is fretting about what to buy for me.

:'( It's raining this morning so I'll be off in a few minutes to get wet while I walk. My walking friend has gone to Idaho to have Thanksgiving with her daughters. No dogs this morning. We'll pick them up sometime after 8 AM. Jake and Bernie and I have really missed them.

<3 Barbie from soggy NW Washington
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Heather!

Happy Birthday, Kelly!

Karen in Virginia
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled