WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: I'm glad you got medical help and hope you're feeling better soon. Love the Thanksgiving art work. (((hugs)))

Lisa: Thanks for the win-win option. You are brilliant. :star:

Pip: Kirby looks great! I like the natural gray in front, too. He's very handsome. :smiley:

A bug of some sort caught me, and I feel headachy and grumpy, among the more pleasant symptoms. Luckily I know that this is temporary. Arrow will have to do without me until I feel better. I have a brand new bareback pad that just arrived and I can hardly wait to try it out but I am not crazy enough to ride feeling like this. :noway:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Pip, did you get yours cut, too?

I think it’s cool if you and Kirby have matching haircuts.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Pip, did you get yours cut, too?

I think it’s cool if you and Kirby have matching haircuts.

Yup, on the 10th I cut 4 inches off to this
    zj6tv1rrmesc.jpg
    1udnmfnywvfz.jpg
    I just cut the rest of it off. A lot easier for my lifestyle
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Pip~you both look adorable <3<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did the 10lb Slimdown DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Butt, Belly and Thighs DVD.

Rori - sounds like that new caregiver is a gem. Hope everything works out for you

Made these biscuits for Jess. I'd made them once before and Vince said they were dry. So I added butter to them. I don't think they're as dry. Now for the "Vince test". Then got sweet potatoes in the crockpot to take to Jess and then made a KFC copy cat recipe for mac & cheese. Personally, I don't care for it, but I think she'll like it.

Made an appt for us to get the oil changed in our cars and state inspection. There's only one day we can go and get 25% off. Why Vince was procrastinating about setting this up, I don't know. He questioned me "why are you doing this now". I just told him "I want to get it set up before it isn't possible". But at least it's done.

DJ - I'm impressed with how much you do with the Moose. My father was (what is it called?) Grand Moose.

Yvonne - I noticed that they put National Take A Hike Day during the weekend, probably because they were afraid too many employees would tell their boss to "take a hike". :)

drkatie - isn't skinnytaste all recipes??? If so, how is it in competition with MFP who is foused on logging, etc. Now I can understand Livestrong, Calorie Counter, SparkPeople, those sites being in competition with MFP, but skinnytaste? I wonder......

Joyce - yes, I saw the Tournament of Champions. I was rooting for Austin Rogers, but he didn't do all that badly. Can't wait for DWTS finale, that's always so good

M - I know that if someone is gone for a week and doesn't check in until they come back, I do get concerned that something happened. I guess you could just make a short post "everything's fine" until you get back.

Terry - one year I found chocolate peeps at Bi-Lo, but I never found them again in any store. I did find them on Amazon. When I gave them to Vince, he and Jess loved them. OK, it's not a Mars product. But he probably made an exception....lol

Yes, I want to see a picture of Joyce's tree with Janetr's ornaments on it, too.

katla - feel better fast

becca - you enjoy that chocolate!

Wendy - good luck on your half marathon

pip - I agree with Allie, Kirby looks so much younger and vibrant with his hair cut shorter. More mature

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day

Lateral machine- 30min, 63rpm, 118ahr, 138mhr, 48aw, 3.94mi= 230c
    Apple Watch- 237c
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Michele, I agree. It’s a bit of a stretch. Just recipes vs logging and a forum. But there is the weight loss connection.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) We had a lovely day's adventure traveling through some beautiful NW Washington scenery and across the water on a ferry. Even so, I managed an approximation of my usual activity.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    *13,000 steps
    *100 minutes walking by myself in the neighborhood and then on the ferry
    *63 minutes riding the exercise bike

:)Lisa, thank you for posting the link to your blog and Facebook on the "Women Ages 50+" group.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    ♥️
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Yvonne, there are lots of places around here having their tree lighting this weekend. I know we say it every year, but they are really rushing the season.

Kay, glad you will have a holiday break. You know to prioritize what is important to you and put that first. It’s just not always easy. ((((Hugs))))

Sharon, did you not know your sis wasn’t a good driver? LOL you did give me a giggle. Glad you are safe. OMG I hate it when I get my meds in blister packs. Lol I put mine in a pill minder so I don’t have to question if I have taken them and it’s a pain to get them out. *different strokes*

Allie, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for things to go well. You’re getting close! ((((Hugs))))

Margaret, even though it’s been done for years now, I still find it weird when the church applauds for music. We just didn’t do that when I was growing up.

Katla, I know it’s a hard decision about the boat. Is there a place that you could rent it out until you are ready to let go? Just a thought.

Becca, I hope you are well soon!

Pip, his hair looks fabulous!!! Color, cut and everything. Woo Hoo Oh and I like your hair short, too. I can’t believe with your lifestyles that either of you ever let your hair grow. Lol

Barbie, glad you had a good day.

Katla, I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Felecia, safe travels.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Today was a rest day. The most I did was make some homemade beef and veggie soup. It’s sort of a cross between soup and stew, but it turned out good. Watched a couple of Christmas movies on and off while cooking.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I'm such a fuzzy foggy thing. I got some printed out exercises I shall do tomorrow.

Ohhh we have a neighbor that can't park worth a dayum! She parks next to us. We have a pole on our left, and she has a pole on her right. Well when her kids get into her car, because she parks on the line on the left side of her car, her door hits our door. She has banged our door once before. My husband has green paint so he covered the nick. He also told her. Now its happened again! She is a large woman, and sometimes she backs in, so when she gets out, she leans on her car door which gives us a dent, and white paint mark. So it happened on Wednesday, so that night my husband knocked on her door. He confronted her from the get go! She exclaims, "Then park someplace else". He yells you park someplace else!
    And she slams the door on my husband. The manager doesn't get involved (of course he doesn't!). So she didn't park there Thursday, and Friday. Today, when we left for my appointment, she was 5 parking slots down, in the handicap spot, yep she has a placard. So she has to walk further, so we have scared her off her own designated spot, and far away, so she has to exercise a bit. You're welcome rude neighbor! Oye

Pip and Kirby, love the haircuts!! Very much!!

Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Lazy day today, the DGD is here while her dad is in Chicago for a business meeting. She has a cold so is not feeling like doing a whole lot. We played games and watched some TV. We may try going to the dog show tomorrow after church. She came to practice Wednesday night and is going to sing with the choir tomorrow. I think she will be singing the low part but she is excited to do it.

Linda in Ont - Glad to see you back.

Lenora - Hope you are doing okay.

Yvonne - DD and I actually took a hike today to the back part of our property to see how it fared after the storm last week. Quite a few branches down.

SueBDew and Mary - I also am unable to comment on the news feed. Haven't been able to do so for a while.

Pip - Nice haircuts. Easier to take care of when wearing helmets.

Barbie - Hope you had a wonderful day.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Btw, I love, LOVE, LOVE peeps. (Anyone ever roast peeps instead of marshmallows? Yum!)

Some peeps....(picture taken about 1 week before I started dieting this year, lol)

ax0i18o5q47j.png