• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    xvjf9mppnzlf.jpg
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    A very happy holiday to those who celebrate today!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    well long day, and darn it the pots i brought home can wait until tomorrow to get washed...
    went visiting and had a glass of wine, will see my girlfriends over the weekend..
    decorated my tree, and watched the parade this morning as per tradition..
    tired and going to bed. been up since 3:30 this morning..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Happy Gobble Day backatcha! :bigsmile:

Dr. Katie: You & your grandchildren look wonderful! I'm a bit envious because mine live so far away. On the flip side, we're home rather than at DSL's house because we are sick and might be contagious. We'd have to pass on the grandkids anyway. :ohwell:

Mary: Thanks for the sentiment re staying off of thighs. :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate even if the dates are not identical, and may a spirit of thankfulness bless everyone, whether they celebrate Thanksgiving or not. :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    8xb8j0s35qcr.jpg
    Bullwinkle watching us put up the tree
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Drkatie and Pip, love the pics.

Our friends just left. DD and DH helped me put the meal together this year. It was fun with us all in a small kitchen going in and around each other. The meal turned out great. Too many leftovers though. Going to have to figure out how to track everything as I didn't track at all today. Back to tracking tomorrow. DD did dishes for me. Those that didnt fit in the dishwasher.

I know it’s only 8:00 but I’m beat and in bed already. Just wanted to check in on you ladies. I hope everyone had a good day.

Terry stuffed in VT
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans here.

An overview of who celebrates Thanksgiving and when ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

And a list of upcoming holidays around the world ...
    https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/

Here in Australia, we have various festivals and holidays things, but no "Thanksgiving" holiday. It's just not part of our tradition.

Maybe that's a good thing for my diet. :)

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    Every day I will feature one of our many unique ornaments , the original 3, 2010
    btg6vtgd216g.jpeg
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Allie, so sorry your hours have been cut. I hope things work out for the better.

Felicia, sorry about your sister. I’m thinking of you and her family.

Katla, sorry to hear about your acid problems. I do hope you don’t have a repeat episode. Also not good that you have the lingering headache. Feel better soon.

Joyce, I know it has to be hard to keep up with the Christmas plans with people coming and then canceling. But it has to be easier when it’s not at your house, isn’t it? Good luck with the plans. (((Hugs)))

Cathy in CAN, welcome. Congrats on your great start. Just stay with it and it will work for you. Come here often for great support and information.

Heather, your bio age doesn’t surprise me at all. You go girl!!!

Terry, so sorry about the wrist. I broke mine a few years back and it seemed like I was in that cast forever, even though they changed it almost every week. I will say the PT after the cast was removed helped me so much but maybe you heal better and faster than I did.

Sue, it sounds like a wonderful report from the doctor. Way to go…

Mary, ewww on the scorpions. So glad you are in an active community.

Kim, I’m so happy for you that Mr. Negative is no longer your boss. Cool beans.

All the concern over Lenora reminds me to ask that all of us give at least two people our contact information in case something happens to us. We all hate it when someone drops off and we don’t know why. <3

Meg, I have always called us my Phat Chat. That is what DH and many of my friends know you all by.

Lanette, I love, love, love your Thanksgiving poem. Thanks.

Rori, I hope you and DH enjoy your cruise as much as I love them.

Kay, beautiful picture of you and the grands. Glad the meal was a hit.

It sounds like many of you had a good day and that’s wonderful. I’m cooking a turkey tomorrow, just because. DD worked today and DH and I had a low key day. We had waffles this morning and around 4:00 went to Denny’s and each had a hamburger. Not a low cal day, for sure but a good one. I am very thankful for my Phat Chat Friends and all the support this group gives. Know how thankful I am for each of you and that I love you all.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I don’t know what is going on but I feel almost menopausal with my emotions. I have been super sensitive lately and cry on occasion which I haven’t done in years. This morning I asked DD a question and she snapped at me and gave me a glare that would kill and I have been teary all day. I have a doctor appointment next week and will mention it to him to see if I need a mild antidepressant. That was yesterday and I’ve been better today.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • Katla49
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DJ: Thanks for your kind words. :flowerforyou:

It has been a relatively quiet day today. The two of us had our feast, including prime rib & pumpkin cake, & I took the dog for a walk. Still not feeling the best. Now the headache is gone but my throat is sore. :grumble: I got phone calls from both of my kids and had a nice chat with each of them and also with my granddaughter. :heart:

I want to get the Christmas decorations down from the garage attic, but DH wasn't up to helping today. I hope he'll be ready to go for it tomorrow. I have quite a collection of little artificial trees that decorate mantles and other spots. I can put them up early and bring the live trees in later on so they don't spend too much time inside. Our living Christmas trees are Dwarf Alberta Spruce trees. They grow slowly and can survive a month indoors and going back out into winter weather afterwards. We've had the larger one since 2013. This will be its fifth year inside our house. Last year we bought a smaller one and put it on a table at the top of the stairs beside our bedroom door. This will be its second Christmas inside. Both are healthy even after spending weeks indoors last year. We had a rosemary bush as our "tree" for a few years, but moving inside and back out was too difficult for it and it didn't survive. We've given each of these living trees a name--Rosemary, Alberta, & Sprucie. I'm good at giving obvious names to trees. :laugh:

Has anyone heard from Lenora?

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Everything typed is gone.

Well, we had a wonderful day. Meal was super, Ellie starte act g bored so I knew I needed to give her her birthday present. I bout ye the R2 D2 droid that you make all the connections and then remotely control him with your cell phone app. He makes all the sounds he makes in the Star Warss movies. And her Dad said it was a ondeful present for him to have. They were likes kdu in a candy store talking about all the components in the box. I want to get a robot for her to make.

The kids asked tonigh if there was a movie to watch. Both of them say they are enthralled with mythology. But for the kdu today, they gave just put all the Greek gods in situations that this gnerations understand. So I'm glad Charlie had record it. So mom and dad went out on a movie date with Michelle and boyfriend. The kids were out like a light.

Tomorrow we hav turkey sandwiches and fruit salad.

Sme one said is the work and tiredness worth it to have Christmas at my house if I knew there were 7 less people. And I don't think it is worth it. When you are hosting you can't sit by. You have to make sure the tables are set up. They took the plastic tableware down there but they dude put in my container that has all the forks, knives and spoons separated. They just put the box out. None of the plates, napkins and silverware was located together. That I have to make sure us done right. Yes, they got the tables out with table cloths and chairs but nothing else.

All in all was a wonderful day. The kids sit at be table and older people another one but there was good conversation between all. I do miss going to the nursing home with a meal for my MIL. I haven't thought of that in a long time until someone talked about how her MIL loved her pumpkin pie. Nine loved my sweet potatoes and marsh mellows. She said no one had ever made the line that. She would have loved my corn casserole also. I miss her

Night night, Joyce, Indiana
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    12:39am 11/24 here in central pa. Happy leftover turkey day to the 50+ crowd. Been awhile since I showed up. About 40 pounds I think and not the right direction either! But while it is a big issue to me, not the reason I say hi tonight. Sitting on a nice not stellar bird day got me thinking about all... dead between completely unforeseen unexpected hip replacements at 53, semi working from home, unable to drive, so Mom 78, made turkey stuffing and dessert to bring over and I made potatoes gravy veggies cranberries and sangria. Due to time I got stuck with leftovers and dishes. Fine. My step dad is suddenly failing in the last week and yet she did this for us. My brother in Ohio is alone with his college son today because his father in law had a massive coronary and subsequent bypass while visiting in Florida, so my sister in law is there. So the point wasn't to grieve one point in all, the weight, health, or family, but to say it made me think of you gals and all you do every day. We are stubborn scotch stock and we will get thru but every once and awhile you stop and wonder how it all happens like this. It is to remind us who we are and what we are made of. That is what made me think of the 50 +girls. I hope you all have much be thankful for this season because I do ( I will deal with the DH scheduling snafu in the am) and hope you have inspired holidays present in the moment or not. Thank you all for reminding me!

Frankie's girl inPa
  • Katla49
    Options
    Sharon in Lethbridge: Your grandson is a charmer. He could be a music star in the making. :star:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    Stopped at my sister's and Les invited me to stay for perogies and chicken. We had a good visit. I think he is bored and lonely. Tomorrow he will go to Calgary to pick up Larry.

I am not looking forward to work. Black Friday! Ugh! Whose idea was this? I'm sorry my American friends but I really wish it had stayed away from Canada for many more years. When you work in retail it is right up there among the worst days. Oh well, I will put on my smile and order pizza for all of the employees.

I miss perogies!!

I can't find the frozen ones here and no restaurants sell them. I tried to make them once, but it was a bit of a disaster.

And Black Friday ... it's actually coming here too! No Thanksgiving here ... but the occasional shop is trying to have Black Friday sales. It's hilarious!!

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    We have hideous Black Friday over here. I've already bought my ear buds and speaker from Amazon (the last week!!!!) and I don't need anything else. I love what I've bought. :D
    Tomorrow we are going to the Christmas market in Winchester, by train to avoid the parking problems. Hope it's not too crowded. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept well and up at 5 am, having my tea and catching up with you all...
    Tom and I think DFIL is failing.... he is sleeping alot more he was awake when I was there in the morning cussing like a sailor, then half way through breakfast he fell asleep and slept until Tom got there at noon..Tom had dinner with him and had to feed him he eats with his eyes closed(FIL) but sleeping so much more.. when it is his time to go neither of us will have regrets as we have made the effort to spend time with him..
    today I will have to work on getting my dads book together for Christmas.. and visiting... trying to figure out what to get my kids for Christmas ,will help my daughter with wedding in June so Hopefully that will be something, but want to get her a little something to open.. DGD is all set..