Weighing after going to the bathroom- what does this mean to you?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @Silentpadna, you really enjoyed that didn't you :)

I too would like to know about the balloon, asking for a friend who isn't keen on being the guineapig.

Cheers, h.

Yeah....a little bit of fun. And, honestly seeing if I'm missing something conceptually. I'm an engineer by trade, but my science stuff like this was learned 30+ years ago and I don't really use it now. I don't know if there is a blind spot here....I know none of this is significant to the thread, but I just couldn't let it go by.

Yes, if you put methane into a balloon - assuming you put enough of it in there, it should float (depends on the weight of the balloon of course).
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Scales lie so don't worry too much about the specifics. I've actually had a morning where I weighed more after #2 than before, and I hadn't had as much as coffee yet that morning. WTF? How is that even possible? You lying sack of scales!
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    1. Get up
    2. Urinate
    3. Weigh
    4. Record
    5. Forget about it 'til tomorrow
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    OldHobo wrote: »
    1. Get up
    2. Urinate
    3. Weigh
    4. Record

This is exactly what I've been doing since starting this thread. A huge and stupidly insignificant stress has been lifted off my shoulders!

I love the fact that you got this much mileage out of a *kitten* thread! That said, I've been hoping to get rid of the 6 extra pounds of poo I've been packing around over the last couple months, it just isn't happening so back to the drawing board. ;)
  • corsig
    corsig Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I go nuts if I forget to weight myself before I get dressed. There's times that I go back into the bathroom and get undressed to do it. I've weighed myself after peeing and it is around a .2 difference on average but every little drop mentally makes me feel better about myself so I happily take it. Honestly don't think poop weighs that much but definitely can feel the difference after lol
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what makes me insane is when I go to the doctors and they weigh me with clothes....shoes and middle of the day sfter breakfast and lunch!
    Anymore...I close my eyes and I tell them...dont tell me cause it's bad for my mental outlook :s
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I'll tell you what makes me insane is when I go to the doctors and they weigh me with clothes....shoes and middle of the day sfter breakfast and lunch!
    Anymore...I close my eyes and I tell them...dont tell me cause it's bad for my mental outlook :s

Kick off your shoes. IME, they won't judge. ;)
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    At my last job I had been known to say, " I got to take a dump", I don't say that anymore, I now work in retail...

When I had a scale in my home, I would weigh after poo, and before breakfast, I was/am quite reg. in that I would go within a 1/2 hour of waking, now I don't have a scale at my house, so I just weigh at the gym 1 day a week. The daily fluctuation would drive me batty...
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    And here I am, looking forward to the day that I will weigh myself with clothes on! ... But kidding aside ... I can relate to the question
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    1. Get up
    2. Urinate
    3. Weigh
    4. Record

This is exactly what I've been doing since starting this thread. A huge and stupidly insignificant stress has been lifted off my shoulders!

I love the fact that you got this much mileage out of a *kitten* thread! That said, I've been hoping to get rid of the 6 extra pounds of poo I've been packing around over the last couple months, it just isn't happening so back to the drawing board. ;)

That is some backlog you are packing around :D, h.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    1. Get up
    2. Urinate
    3. Weigh
    4. Record

That is some backlog you are packing around :D, h.

Don't joke about that :tongue:

Just came off a case of med induced constipation. I'm now 6lbs lighter (after having progressively gained them over the course of 2 weeks).

Also, I'm jealous of all you clockwork regular folks :wink:
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »

dr scales always seem to run hi
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I weigh before eating in the mornings. I don't care if I've gone poop or not lol. I do pee first though but no meal yet and completely nekkid :expressionless:
  • str82nichelle
    str82nichelle Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I get up, pee--weigh--make coffee--take a sip or two--walk around a bit--back to the bathroom like clockwork because of the warm coffee--weigh again--record it---done!
    And yes, there is a difference in the numbers. For me between .2-.4 of a pound. Beef takes longer to process through the body and usually causes a bigger dip in the number.