30 day shred followed by ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• Phoebolaylaylay
    Phoebolaylaylay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am starting ripped in 30 tonight, this is going to take a lot longer, I am hotels for a few days a week, so will try to plan my rest days and cardio when I am away from home. will not be quite 30 days, but trying to create a fitness program that fits in with my actual life. I had 3 weeks of work at the beginning of last month, so saw that as the perfect time to start the 30 day shred. now I need to stick to it.

If you join fitocracy @hist_doc let me know I shall add you, and anyone else that wants to check it out. Almost ready to move to level 2 @MaryBethHempel let me know how you find it.
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Options
    I just moved up to 4kg weights, and did my first day of Ripped in 30, bloody hard, they are just over 8lbs together, you lost loads tamou89, well done.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    I just moved up to 4kg weights, and did my first day of Ripped in 30, bloody hard, they are just over 8lbs together, you lost loads tamou89, well done.

Thank you and wow I only have 2.5kg I need to get some heavier ones.

I have to use different size weights as I am weaker in the shoulders. I use, 1 lb., 3 lb, 5 lb, and 8 lb.. I use the 8 lb. on my chest when lying on the ground, but only one rep.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    I did 9th day of Shred, with bike and I am back to doing my 5 Rites first thing in the morning with some extra exercises added to that. I also did my inversion table.
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Options
    I have been trying to work up to them. And will take me a while to be able to keep up with Jillian. Might do ten days of all levels of Ripped instead of the 6. I can do the workout tonight now as my flight was cancelled. So I get to go home tonight.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of level 1 complete. I had to skip a day because my 4.5 month old wouldn't cooperate:)

exercise.png

• Phoebolaylaylay
    Options
    If I skip a day even if it's needed for rest, I get so thrown. One day of can derail me from fitness completely. Glad to see you have more resolve than I usually do.

Has anyone set themselves 'rewards' like new gym stuff or a dress etc? What are they and when do you earn them?
  • nurseadair
    nurseadair Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What is "shred" and "ripped" ???
  • hist_doc
    Options
    If I skip a day even if it's needed for rest, I get so thrown. One day of can derail me from fitness completely. Glad to see you have more resolve than I usually do.

Has anyone set themselves 'rewards' like new gym stuff or a dress etc? What are they and when do you earn them?

thanks--my husband would describe it more as neuroticism than resolve:)
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Options
    nurseadair wrote: »

The name of the workout programs by Jillian Michaels, the '30 Day Shred' and 'Ripped in 30', unless you mean the definition of 'ripped' and 'shred' in context of fitness? Ripped being muscle gains, as the muscle tears or 'rips' to rebuild and get stronger, and shed refers to actual fat loss.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options

The name of the workout programs by Jillian Michaels, the '30 Day Shred' and 'Ripped in 30', unless you mean the definition of 'ripped' and 'shred' in context of fitness? Ripped being muscle gains, as the muscle tears or 'rips' to rebuild and get stronger, and shed refers to actual fat loss.

So would it be better to do a few months of shred to lose weight faster?
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    did my day 10 of Shred....boy, I really wanted to skip today....I forced myself to do it and felt like I actually did better today than yesterday.
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Options

I don't know if the names are really all that reflective of which is better for shedding weight or toning, I was just saying that is how they got their names.

I think as long as your body still feels challenged by the workout you will be benefiting from it, but also changing things up, keeps the body from getting used to things at all. It depends what works for you. Congratulations on finishing level 10 though, are you moving straight on to level 2?
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options

I don't know if the names are really all that reflective of which is better for shedding weight or toning, I was just saying that is how they got their names.

I think as long as your body still feels challenged by the workout you will be benefiting from it, but also changing things up, keeps the body from getting used to things at all. It depends what works for you. Congratulations on finishing level 10 though, are you moving straight on to level 2?

Yeah, I was thinking about going to level 2. I am a believer about changing things up and confusing your muscles.
    Today will be the day. Thank you for all your support!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Day 11 of Shred and advanced to level 2. It was nice to change up the routine and still a killer.
  • hist_doc
    Options
    day 6 of level 1 complete!

exercise.png

• Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Day 5, Level 1 complete
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    day 12-2nd day on level 2
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Day 13-level 2
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Options
    @tamlou89 I had to take a day off after my 3rd day, which I hated doing but could feel my body needed to recover. About to start my day 5 workout. It really is a step up from the shred. I thought it would be going back slightly, but It seems to carry on the progression. Again amazed by how quickly strength and endurance grows.

I rewarded myself with a new sports bra for finishing the shred. How is everyone else finding the workouts?