What annoying comments did you get from your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• FeedTheWolf
    Options
    Why are you doing this again? You know you're gonna just gain it all back

Wow that's horrible.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    'You are going to blow away" I weigh 179 at 5'5"
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You are looking to make problems where none exist. Enjoy your success and be happy. I am.
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    "Eat! You must not be eating! Eat this!"

NOOOOOO.
  • NightLightRaine01
    NightLightRaine01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are crashing dieting you're gonna gain everything back.
    You need to eat more.
    You're to skinny.
    I'm on a diet too( as they eat a bag of chips, drink soda)
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My family and friends support me, but now as I'm very close to my goal, people are afraid I'll be underweight. I have anxiety and at times I do obsess over exercising and food intake, but that's a constant mental battle I'm trying to fight. However, my good friend decided to tell me she was disappointed in me because I ate a big mac. I think her concern was valid because I've been eating clean for a month (I cut out alcohol and decided not to have cheat meals) but I caved and had one bad supper. Still, hurtful nonetheless.
    I also get offended when people say I'm getting too small. It irks me to no end.
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My personal fave: "You can have just a little bit....a bite won't hurt."
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    My husband: "well, don't go buying a whole new wardrobe every time you go down a size"

Fast forward to a couple years later, gained 20lbs and needed to invest in a professional wardrobe for business school. I couldn't fit into what size I thought I was. I came out of the dressing room, and told him "come on" and made a beeline for my car where I broke down in wracking sobs. I then said "well, it looks like I won't be buying a whole new wardrobe every time I go down a size" He had no idea he even said that. He marched me back into the store and said "buy what size you are now, and when you go down a size, buy clothes in that size, and the next, and the next. Don't listen to me, I am an idiot."
    I was about to get angry, and then I awww'd. I'm glad he saw how much of a dink he was.
  • monstergirl14
    Options
    I hate it when I also have to justify why I'm not eating junk food to strangers, and they always say "aren't you on a diet?"
    No.. I just choose not to treat my stomach as a garbage can. Hardly a diet.
  • therunningsquid
    Options
    I've gotten the
    "No more"
    "Are you even eating?"
    "When did you get so skinny?"
    "You have no muscles, Skinny"

The word "skinny" just really pisses me off. I could rant all day, "you don't know my life, you don't know what I do or what I eat and you don't have the right to tell me how to live my life"

I was obese at 10 years old because my family literally doesn't know how to live a healthy lifestyle.. now I'm 19 and in the best shape of my life. And they're mad because of it.
    Wellll, suck it. I like myself now :)
  • monstergirl14
    Options
    My family tries to sabotage me; I've never seen so many cookies, cake or candy brought into the house before. They sabotaged my efforts to quit smoking until I was put into a medical coma and never smoked again. My (obese} in-laws have disowned me and villainize me. I take it in stride knowing being fit and healthy is the best comeuppance.

please tell me you're kidding :(
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    I get it in the neck every day from unsupportive colleagues/friends suggesting I eat their pizza/chocolate/bad foods.

Told I look fine, am obsessed, should stop, it's unnecessary etc

Sometimes I feel like I people think I am becoming anorexic. In reality, I look like I ATE 10 anorexics...

Seriously though,I'm doing this for the right reasons and safely
  • AnyankaSigrun
    Options
    I have silence from my husband instead of a rude comment. I have lost 57 pounds and he has only commented once when I had lost around 30 pounds. My daughter told him to say something because I was pissed he had not said anything at all. So he asked me how much I had lost and said keep it up. He has about 100 pounds to lose but has no interest in trying.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    my older sister told me only last week that i shouldnt lose anymore weight....and she added the comment

"your eyes look too big for your head"

i said seriously what can i do about that!!!!

Hahahaha!

Your sister sounds crazy!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    When I was at the pharmacy to pick up my meds I picked up some ice cream and donuts. The pharmacist commented on how much weight I lost and then looked at the food I had and said "Oh, okay. I am glad that you are actually eating."
  • Pectinbean
    Pectinbean Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Man there are some mean folk out there! I get lots of encouragement for the exercise I do; cycle my commute, training for 5, 10 and 21ks. BUT when it comes to monitoring what I'm eating I do get irksome comments.

- you of all people don't need to count calories.

- you're being obsessive, just have everything in moderation.

Sounds nice, but there'll be eye rolling. And yes I do. I didn't understand what was in food and what I needed, now I do. Now I think twice about guzzling down junk food cause it's quick. It's fine if people don't want to count calories but I don't nag them for not doing so, so why nag me about trying to improve myself? Why is exercise encouraged and having a healthy diet slagged?

60692520.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Was told I was getting too "skinny" and that I had chicken legs now..... 2 things a guy really doesn't want to hear ..LOL...

^This...and I still have 50 pounds to lose.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of "What kind of diet are you on?" I tell them, "I'm not on a diet, I made a lifestyle change!" Gets some strange looks.
  • aworkoutroutine
    aworkoutroutine Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It's easy for you to lose weight!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My mom keeps making snide comments about how she hopes I'm not losing more weight.