What annoying comments did you get from your weight loss?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great.... When are you going to do the weight loss surgery?

Really?
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    None, ever.
    Maybe because I come from one and live in a different culture. But neither in my home country, nor in the country I now live in anyone would ever say anything like the comments mentioned here. Weight loss is usually considered to be a private matter, so no one makes remarks.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Huh. I've never gotten any annoying or negative comments. Don't know why, either. Unless it's because everyone who actually knows me knows that I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about my losing weight, or not.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Most of the comments have been positive, but my son keeps bringing home food for me to eat. Sonic is a nice treat but I don't want or need it that much! No, he doesn't work at Sonic. He is an electrician.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite.."what are you trying to prove? You will never look twenty again. ....... Well, no sh--.

My other, "you are so pretty, why did you let yourself go and. You have a ways to go how long do you think it will take.....
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My 20 yr old niece asked how much I'd lost (it was 15 at the time), she said, "Yeah, well I'd go for 15 more."
    I told her I was buying her "Mean Girls" for Christmas, so sad she got her feelings hurt...

i seriously cried from laughing at this one because i sent a copy of "Mean Girls" to my husbands sister for a similar reason.

My favorite to date is actually from today. I have an upset stomach and someone literally told me it was because I abuse laxatives to lose weight. I haven't taken laxatives in, oh, about 6 years.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Huh. I've never gotten any annoying or negative comments. Don't know why, either. Unless it's because everyone who actually knows me knows that I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about my losing weight, or not.

I guess Id have to echo this. Ive not received any negativity and again, I think it's because those that know me know better and if they dont know me they dont matter.

I wish everyone here great success in your journey no matter the reasons behind it.
  • NewME9006
    NewME9006 Posts: 27
    Options
    Are you on drugs? Nice, I know.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've heard many of them. I find them less annoying and more amusing but I suppose that is more of a personality thing.

I've heard:

You don't need to lose any more
    You are not doing drugs are you?
    and perhaps the clincher: "you are emaciated"... Yeah, I'm emaciated... With a BMI of 28, and BF% between 25 and 30, I'm emaciated... LOL> South Mississippi perspective I suppose...
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    "You have lost any fat, you just lost 100 pounds of muscle.", of course coming from overweight people themselves, I think it just jealously, just because they're tried in past, got nowhere, gave up, and 'just can't do i't attitude.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    my mum: "You need to get clothing that make your hips look bigger. It's because you're so skinny."
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a cheeseburger said by someone when I was still over 200+ pounds. They just said it to me again last week at my current weight 154. I told them that actually on Wednesday I had two Big Macs. Of course they didn't believe me.

Did you get weight loss surgery? What's your secret? I've had a few people just randomly blurt out did you have weight loss surgery? Not only is it pretty rude, but I guess people think/assume that everyone who has lost a lot of weight must have resorted to weight loss surgery. I have lost around 146 pounds, but I have done it naturally with no surgeries, gimmicks, diet pills, or other crazy diets.

I had someone tell me once that once you go to far you can't come back, which in my opinion sounded like they were trying to imply that I was anorexic or resorting to methods that were unhealthy to lose weight. It took all of my energy not to start lecturing them on the fact that if you eat over your maintenance calories you will gain weight.

When people comment on the foods I am eating that are healthy & they say it's gross or if I eat something unhealthy & they're like you can eat that on a diet? I just want to scream. I do tell a few people that I am not on a diet & can eat whatever I want. I tell them I have days that I eat over a thousand calories of ice cream if I want.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I get, "Don't lose anymore weight."
    "Are you starving yourself?"
    "No more."
    "You look so skinny."

......I get these too. It is so annoying. Most people tell me honestly it's just because they are jealous. It still bothers me though.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    The one I got the most was "You are too skinny now. You aren't trying to lose anymore weight RIGHT?" from previous coworkers.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Mine is a little different.

"I can't even tell that you lost weight, you look the same to me." -My mom

This was said after I had lost 25 pounds and went from a size 14 to a size 10.

You can tell by my ticker how well that comment went over with me. I don't blame my mom, I know I should have handled it a lot better than feeling like what I was doing was a waste of time and quitting for six months.
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why, but these threads motivate me to no end. I have been on the treadmill for the last 45 minutes reading the whole thing through.

Thank you all for posting....though, if someone gives you a compliment, don't be too hard on them. People can be dumb sometimes without meaning to. Save the frustration for the genuine jerks out there...there are certainly enough of them.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to lose weight."
    "Why don't you eat some real food?!"...also known as cheeseburgers and fried foods to them...
    "At least I can be happy with what I eat even if it kills me sooner..."...yeah I bet your kids appreciate that too.

THESE!
    Especially the middle one - aka "normal food"... because processed, fried and dipped in sugar is "normal"...