Weird foods/combinations you eat

Replies

• fruoshea
    fruoshea Posts: 46 Member
    In Sweden a lot of people eat jam and cheese on bread. Like hard, sliced cheese and strawberry jam or similar. My husband thinks that's really weird, but I don't see why.

We're also famous at having lingongberry jam with lots of savoury foods (as anyone who's ever been to IKEA will know) like meatballs, or other mince based dishes. That jam shouldn't be as sweet as fruit and other berry-based jams though.

Another thing a lot of Swedish people do is put cod roe (from a tube) and eggs on sandwiches. Some (not me) even eat sandwíches with cod roe and cheese.

My husband also finds it disgusting when I dip my McDonald's fries in my milkshake.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    fruoshea wrote: »
    In Sweden a lot of people eat jam and cheese on bread. Like hard, sliced cheese and strawberry jam or similar. My husband thinks that's really weird, but I don't see why.

We're also famous at having lingongberry jam with lots of savoury foods (as anyone who's ever been to IKEA will know) like meatballs, or other mince based dishes. That jam shouldn't be as sweet as fruit and other berry-based jams though.

Another thing a lot of Swedish people do is put cod roe (from a tube) and eggs on sandwiches. Some (not me) even eat sandwíches with cod roe and cheese.

My husband also finds it disgusting when I dip my McDonald's fries in my milkshake.

My husband ate cheese, chicken and raspberry jam sandwiches every day for about 6 months... Then moved on to onion jam.
    Fruit based things are commonly served with meat - cranberry sauce with turkey, apple sauce with pork... Apricot with chicken...

And fries in milkshake/sundae definitely not weird... Very delicious :)
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    The ones that I have been told are weird (and a few have already been mentioned):
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches
    Baked Potato with cottage cheese and salsa
    Cottage cheese on salad (instead of dressing)
    Carrots dipped in spicy mustard
    Mayo mixed with the cheese on my garlic cheese bread
    Grape jelly mixed with cocktail sauce on top of little smokies.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Canned tuna, blue cheese dressing and hot sauce
    Hot sauce used as salad dressing (or really chunky salsa is also way good)

My stepson eats tamales with ketchup (of course, he eats ketchup on pretty much anything!)
  • When I was little I used to always mix together ketchup and white rice
  • alyssag2011
    alyssag2011 Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have an uncle that used to eat peanut butter and honey off of a paper plate with a butter knife. LOL

Once or twice a year I hit up a local burger joint for their 'Peanut Butter Bacon Burger'. It's amazing. Heh

And I've gotten a few side-eyes for my Baked Sweet Potato with Black Beans, Cheddar Cheese, and a tiny sprinkling of Cinnamon.

I am not a huge fan of bacon but when I do eat it, I'll have a peanut butter and bacon sandwich!

• maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    I think dipping my chicken nuggets in a milkshake is really delicious :neutral: I dip my fries too but that's way less weird than dipping breaded meat in a frozen dairy treat hahaha
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    I'm pretty "normal".

The weirdest thing I used to eat as a kid was "pinwheels" made from using a rolling pin to flatten a piece of crustless white wonder bread, spreading on butter, sprinkling with sugar, and then rolling up and slicing into pinwheels.

Or chicken gizzards sauteed in butter with cocktail toothpicks stuck in them.

Buttered onion bagel topped with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella nuked until hot and melty, smothered in Italian salad dressing.

White mushrooms washed and peeled with Catalina salad dressing + salt in the cups created by removing the stems.

Slabs of butter or cream cheese dipped in cinnamon sugar.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    I was told last weekend by my mother i ruined homefries by putting ketchup on them. I tried to tell her it was the same as french fries and she was having none of it. When i was a kid i ate sour cream and onion pringles with spray cheese. Or spray cheese in bugles.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have eaten Doritos and Cream Cheese. That is addicting

That actually sounds delicious, though I've never thought of doing it.

Oh dangit! Now I want to try it.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Angieve1 wrote: »
    Doritos with Sour cream , Rice with cheese and pizza spice from epicure. I used to eat loads of that now I make a portion of it worth the calories and it's pretty small but it's like a treat as long as it fits in my calories for the day .

They used to make a sour cream and onion flavored Doritos. I loved them but haven't see them since I was kid.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Oh I have another. Doritos dipped in queso dip. It's soooooo good
  • futureanimvet1
    futureanimvet1 Posts: 1 Member
    hot dogs and ranch
  • klowieislyfe1
    klowieislyfe1 Posts: 46 Member
    When I was a young teen I used to mash white sugar into a piece of white bread like it was butter.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Since the Icelandic chicks eat fermented shark brains, nothing, nothing I eat is weird.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I've been eating fermented daikon lately. Is that weird?
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I put ketchup or bbq sauce on my salads instead of dressing lol
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Steamed broccoli with Ramen spice packet.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    I dont know about weird, but mine will make you go into diabetic shock.

The old me would get a whole pack of graham crackers and warm up some milk. then using a very unhealthy amount of sugar i would combine all 3 in a large bowl. let the milk soak in and then eat it. Yeh the OLD me I said