Weird foods/combinations you eat

Options

Replies

• AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Beets, Baslamic vinegar, and cottage cheese.
    I'll put any kind of leftovers in a whole wheat tortilla with sriacha.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Haven't done it in years because I don't buy caramel... But cheddar cheese dipped in caramel dip (like the one for apples).

Sounds super weird, but its delicious and i even had my parents eating it at one point. There was a scene in a Rugrats episode with caramel covered cheese on a stick and i really wanted to try it.

This sounds good to me. My old assistant was from Chicago, and every time she went to visit, she'd come back with some kind of amazing popcorn for me - a combination of cheddar cheese and caramel corn. I LIVED for that bag of popcorn.

I'll also put peanut butter on literally anything.

That would be Garrett's Chicago Mix and yes, it's delicious. If you ever happen to fly through O'Hare airport, there is one in the terminal by the H and K gates.

If you live by a wegmans they also carry it. SO dangerous because I end up eating a whole bag lol.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Haven't done it in years because I don't buy caramel... But cheddar cheese dipped in caramel dip (like the one for apples).

Sounds super weird, but its delicious and i even had my parents eating it at one point. There was a scene in a Rugrats episode with caramel covered cheese on a stick and i really wanted to try it.

This sounds good to me. My old assistant was from Chicago, and every time she went to visit, she'd come back with some kind of amazing popcorn for me - a combination of cheddar cheese and caramel corn. I LIVED for that bag of popcorn.

I'll also put peanut butter on literally anything.

That would be Garrett's Chicago Mix and yes, it's delicious. If you ever happen to fly through O'Hare airport, there is one in the terminal by the H and K gates.

If you live by a wegmans they also carry it. SO dangerous because I end up eating a whole bag lol.

I buy that G.H Cretors in the bulk size at Costco and I regret it (kinda, not really) every time :neutral: it's scary good. Every time I'm in O'Hare airport I stop at the popcorn shop too for the Chicago mix. It's seriously addictive. My entire family calls it crack corn haha
  • Lisa8823168
    Lisa8823168 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Seaweed wrapped around some cream cheese. Salty, high protein, some fat. Sometimes some green onion wrapped in there too.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Growing up we always had our cottage cheese with grape jelly mixed in. I haven't done that in a long time.

I don't think I do too many weird combos, but some of these sound good.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Seaweed wrapped around some cream cheese. Salty, high protein, some fat. Sometimes some green onion wrapped in there too.

sounds yum to me too
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Macaroni and cheese with ketchup! I can't eat mac and cheese any other way!

Same macaroni & cheese with ketchup is amazing ever have on it grilled cheese? yumm
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hard salami and miracle whip with tostitos on rye.
    Grilled Peanut butter sandwiches. Ah man, I haven't had one of those in ages and now I need one. :)
    Ritz crackers dipped in sour cream.
  • pjw22882
    pjw22882 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cinnamon sugar on scrambled eggs
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    fresh mangoes in lemon juice, tabasco sauce and a bit of salt...sounds gross, but it's soooo good!

i have a friend who ruined my life by sending me a box of mexican candy after i'd mocked him just that little fraction too much. the number of sweet things they make and dip in chili salt with a layer of tamarind to make it stick, wow. you just would not expect that combination to be so compelling, but there was this mango-flavoured sucker thing that was amazing.

the only weird thing i can think of is i like to cook oatmeal absolutely plain until it's really thick, and then break up a fresh orange to mix in with it. i don't even look at 'normal' oatmeal now.

Sorry your pal introduced you to these wonderful (FULL of wonder) Mexican things. This "dish" (fresh mangoes, lemon juice, tasbaco sauce and a bit of salt) is Mexican and it's the bomb dot com.

Thick oatmeal and a fresh orange? Who'd thunk it?!? It sounds interesting and actually absolutely delicious! I'm going to try it with steel cut oats and thanks so much for posting/replying <3B)<3
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Apparently saltines with sour cream is considered is weird combo, at least according to the majority of my family
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    About 50% of the items that have been listed sound amazing, 45% I would have zero interest in trying, and the other 5% I am downright offended that you would ruin food that way. :wink:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    pjw22882 wrote: »
    cinnamon sugar on scrambled eggs

That is a new one. Intrigued. :o
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    About 50% of the items that have been listed sound amazing, 45% I would have zero interest in trying, and the other 5% I am downright offended that you would ruin food that way. :wink:

LOL
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg, red bell pepper, ham, cherry tomatoes...with a cheese triangle and salsa on top
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg, red bell pepper, ham, cherry tomatoes...with a cheese triangle and salsa on top

A deconstructed omelette? :D
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

sounds yummy
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options

A deconstructed omelette? :D

I suppose it is! I can't be bothered to wait and flip :p
  • jjsmith1984
    jjsmith1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ketchup on everything. Eggs, toast, any form or potato including mashed, mac and cheese, all meats, veggies, stuffing at thanksgiving, etc. Needless to say we don't buy ketchup very often anymore.