Weird foods/combinations you eat

Replies

• squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    I love salted peanuts in my coke. Which I thought was an old thing, but I sure get a lot of strange reactions to it!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    squeaker87 wrote: »
    I love salted peanuts in my coke. Which I thought was an old thing, but I sure get a lot of strange reactions to it!

This is not the first I have heard of this.

also reminds me - I like ground ginger in my Coke. Which I thought was completely weird until Coke actually brought out a limited edition Coke with Ginger flavour - Was great with rum!
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    dfein001 wrote: »
    I have, since I was a kid, LOVED boiled eggs and mashed potatoes

Not weird. One of my favorite recipes includes boiled eggs and mashed potatoes together (along with bacon, lettuce wilted in the bacon fat, and a little vinegar).
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Add peanut butter to an egg sandwich.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    ham slices with spicy mustard and raisins rollups lol
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Cereal and milk
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Oh wait..
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Trex5009 wrote: »
    Cereal and milk

now that is just gross...
  • jocan11112017
    jocan11112017 Posts: 21 Member
    Triscuits topped with cream cheese and Franks hot sauce
  • Alatariel75
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Trex5009 wrote: »
    Cereal and milk

now that is just gross...

Depends where the milk came from ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Triscuits topped with cream cheese and Franks hot sauce

Cream cheese and hot sauce is food of the gods.

Sour cream and onion pringles with spray cheese is amazing.
  • Alatariel75
    Slices of fresh, chilled, roast beef (versus pressed deli meat), smeared with cream cheese, and wrapped around sweet gherkin pickles. So addictive. My dad makes them every year as one of the pre-holiday meal snacks for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We just call them pickle roll-ups. We first encountered them at a potluck back in the early 80s, but the originals had just a touch of horseradish mixed into the cream cheese. I'm not a horseradish fan, so only dad's get that treatment.

That sounds amazing...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Slices of fresh, chilled, roast beef (versus pressed deli meat), smeared with cream cheese, and wrapped around sweet gherkin pickles. So addictive. My dad makes them every year as one of the pre-holiday meal snacks for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We just call them pickle roll-ups. We first encountered them at a potluck back in the early 80s, but the originals had just a touch of horseradish mixed into the cream cheese. I'm not a horseradish fan, so only dad's get that treatment.

We make something similar with dried beef slices, both with and without pickles. They are always the first app to go at family gatherings.
  • chocogirl3
    chocogirl3 Posts: 1 Member
    I like to top a Frito (dip size) with sour cream and then top with a green olive. Delish.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member

We make something similar with dried beef slices, both with and without pickles. They are always the first app to go at family gatherings.

My family has always done the same type of thing: green onions wrapped in corned beef with cream cheese.... I could eat 100 of them.

I like sweet potatoes with toasted marshmallows and hot sauce.

ketchup and bologna rolled up together. or as a sandwich

lettuce and mayo sandwiches

cooked carrots and ketchup
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    ours were ham slices with cream cheese and dill pickle cut into little rounds.
  • ForeverPrimed
    ForeverPrimed Posts: 17 Member
    Not really a weird eater but if left to my own devices I can probably eat the same 3 meals everyday for a year no problem.

Brunch: Wholewheat Bread, Poached Eggs & Pickled Ham, Chilli Sauce

Dinner: Wholewheat Pasta & Tomato Sauce, Fried Turkey Mince, Grilled BBQ Chicken Leg (2)

Dessert: Protein Pancakes or a Protein Shake + 200 cals of whatever.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    It occured to me this might be fun to find out the "weird" things others eat.

For example, I eat frozen fruit. Tons of it. Just bowls of mixed frozen fruit lol. Frozen mango if its the right type is like delicious soft creamy fudge. Seriously. Discovered this when i had all this fruit for smoothies i never even used because i prefer to chew my food, And it was always way to soggy when thawed.

I also like cheerios and syrup. -shrugs- no explanation for that one its just delicious lol.

And sweet potato fries with chocolate chips/peanutbutter and some cinnamon sugar. That one weirds people out lol

What "weird" foods/combinations have you found? Maybe We can learn some new tricks lol.

the sweet potato fries sound delish!!!!!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Cereal w/ barely any milk. Like a tbsp at most. I learned to live that way my first year of college.

get on my level