Weird foods/combinations you eat

Options

Replies

• whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Red grapes (have to be crunchy) and old cheddar cheese. So good.

Also, cucumbers with salsa or tuna on cucumbers (is that weird? I'm not sure lol)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I use to eat a sandwich that had pb, relish, mustard it is so yummy
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    fresh mangoes in lemon juice, tabasco sauce and a bit of salt...sounds gross, but it's soooo good!

i have a friend who ruined my life by sending me a box of mexican candy after i'd mocked him just that little fraction too much. the number of sweet things they make and dip in chili salt with a layer of tamarind to make it stick, wow. you just would not expect that combination to be so compelling, but there was this mango-flavoured sucker thing that was amazing.

the only weird thing i can think of is i like to cook oatmeal absolutely plain until it's really thick, and then break up a fresh orange to mix in with it. i don't even look at 'normal' oatmeal now.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    fresh mangoes in lemon juice, tabasco sauce and a bit of salt...sounds gross, but it's soooo good!

i have a friend who ruined my life by sending me a box of mexican candy after i'd mocked him just that little fraction too much. the number of sweet things they make and dip in chili salt with a layer of tamarind to make it stick, wow. you just would not expect that combination to be so compelling, but there was this mango-flavoured sucker thing that was amazing.

the only weird thing i can think of is i like to cook oatmeal absolutely plain until it's really thick, and then break up a fresh orange to mix in with it. i don't even look at 'normal' oatmeal now.

This makes me snicker because I just had tamarind (with just a touch of chili) coated gummy worms a couple of weeks ago. They were awesome. Hehe
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Macaroni and cheese with ketchup! I can't eat mac and cheese any other way!

I do the same thing but with hot sauce!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I have eaten Doritos and Cream Cheese. That is addicting

That actually sounds delicious, though I've never thought of doing it.

Oh dangit! Now I want to try it.

WHATS even better is doritos and french onion dip. Sooooo good.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I've been told that I sometimes eat like a pregnant lady with the food combinations I have.
    One is baked beans, tin of tuna and Pasta all mixed together. Lovely.
    A chicken breast nearly cut fully down with the middle with Peanut butter smeared down the middle. Lovely.
    Peanut butter smeared all over a wrap with chicken/tuna and a whole load of veg. That one doesnt sound weird to me but does to others for some unknown reason.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Also, cucumbers with salsa or tuna on cucumbers (is that weird? I'm not sure lol)

Yes crunchy red grapes and cheddar is my FAVORITE combination!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    I was told last weekend by my mother i ruined homefries by putting ketchup on them. I tried to tell her it was the same as french fries and she was having none of it. When i was a kid i ate sour cream and onion pringles with spray cheese. Or spray cheese in bugles.

Hell. Yes. I haven't done that in ages but I've added both to my shopping list. :D
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Haven't done it in years because I don't buy caramel... But cheddar cheese dipped in caramel dip (like the one for apples).

Sounds super weird, but its delicious and i even had my parents eating it at one point. There was a scene in a Rugrats episode with caramel covered cheese on a stick and i really wanted to try it.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Cheddar cheese ( the stronger the better) and Marmite sandwiches.

Or for the Marmite haters, cheddar and peanut butter on toast/ cream crackers.

Yum! My husband introduced me to both of these. I was sceptical at first, but they really do work.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Haven't done it in years because I don't buy caramel... But cheddar cheese dipped in caramel dip (like the one for apples).

Sounds super weird, but its delicious and i even had my parents eating it at one point. There was a scene in a Rugrats episode with caramel covered cheese on a stick and i really wanted to try it.

This sounds good to me. My old assistant was from Chicago, and every time she went to visit, she'd come back with some kind of amazing popcorn for me - a combination of cheddar cheese and caramel corn. I LIVED for that bag of popcorn.

I'll also put peanut butter on literally anything.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter with my maple and brown sugar oatmeal
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Some of these are so amazing souding and i wonder why i havent tried them. This threads been a success haha
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    egg noodles mixed with cottage cheese and tuna with salt and pepper
    tuna also ALWAYS goes in mac and cheese, preferably with garlic powder or sazon all purpose seasoning
    hot chilli jam with soft cheese like brie on crackers (side of red wine is not optional)
    scrambled eggs with cream cheese mashed in
    fries are always dipped in mustard, never ketchup

on the doritos tip: lay them on a plate, douse them with lemon juice and hot sauce, then dip them in cream cheese
    never look back

none of these combos are as weird as how i eat though, it's like a food tic. i have to chew alternate bites on either side of my mouth and 'better' bites with the left side.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit is the best! Mine is Cottage cheese and...everything. I'm kind of weird about that stuff. I'll put it in scrambled eggs, salads, Fajitas, basically anything Im eating has a good chance of getting drenched in it.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I wasn’t always a good eater as a child.... but noodles with warm chunky apple sauce (instead of some savory sauce) comes to mind..... still qualifies as comfort food (instead of chicken noodle soup). I also liked leftover potato dumplings sliced, sprinkled with cinnamon and a little sugar -throw in skillet and brown both sides....Also good with a side of apple sauce or cottage cheese
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    rhaiin wrote: »

This sounds good to me. My old assistant was from Chicago, and every time she went to visit, she'd come back with some kind of amazing popcorn for me - a combination of cheddar cheese and caramel corn. I LIVED for that bag of popcorn.

I'll also put peanut butter on literally anything.

That would be Garrett's Chicago Mix and yes, it's delicious. If you ever happen to fly through O'Hare airport, there is one in the terminal by the H and K gates.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    maura_tasi wrote: »

Yes crunchy red grapes and cheddar is my FAVORITE combination!

yes...grapes and cheese is really good...I love them frozen covered with Chevre

Cocoa powder mixed into dry cheese curd (dry cottage cheese) and jello
    Hot sauce on...everything...pb included
    I like jam on grilled cheese or with cheese and crackers

Like @JeepHair77 - I could probably put pb on anything too
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and wavy potato chips