Fat Girl Care Package

Options

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    And when I have questions I will post them in the appropriate forum and ask them. And for the most part, no, people aren't offering me valuable information. They are just telling me it is a waste of money and superfluous. There are way too many posts with people offering their brand of information and harping. So I'm going to be very defensive of my post that is simply asking for some fun, wishful thinking. I get the idea, but this just isn't the right forum for telling me the fat burner and slimming cream are a bad idea.

If your opinion is about things you want, things you've had success with, things you would like to try that other people have posted, than you came to the right place.

When I want to discuss the pros and cons of a fat burner, I will make a post regarding that, not a post regarding what one would like in a care package.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    I find it funny that no matter how polite or tactful the respondents that disagree with the OP have been they get very snarky replies. I simply mentioned that calling it "fat" wouldn't be my choice and I got snark.

To everyone who has replied, good luck with your goals and I hope everyone gets to reward themselves as they see fit! ????????

Because it isn't about me, it is about you, and support for the things that you wish for or want for, no matter whether we agree with them or not. I was asked why I would call it something that was insulting, so I replied.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    And when I have questions I will post them in the appropriate forum and ask them. And for the most part, no, people aren't offering me valuable information. They are just telling me it is a waste of money and superfluous. There are way too many posts with people offering their brand of information and harping. So I'm going to be very defensive of my post that is simply asking for some fun, wishful thinking. I get the idea, but this just isn't the right forum for telling me the fat burner and slimming cream are a bad idea.

If your opinion is about things you want, things you've had success with, things you would like to try that other people have posted, than you came to the right place.

When I want to discuss the pros and cons of a fat burner, I will make a post regarding that, not a post regarding what one would like in a care package.

I really want people to listen to good advice and succeed with their goals.

That's what makes me happy.

Well, that and a good IPA.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Telling you it's a waste of money IS valuable information.

This is absolutely the right forum to tell that you're incorrect. We see people offering misinformation or beliefs in products that aren't what they're marketed to be, we're gonna call it. You may not like it, but don't worry. There are absolutely people reading this who actually WANT to learn and they will take this information, even if you don't.

Don't take any advice. Do what you want. No one really cares.

Good luck to you in all your goals, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to know what "hyper shred" is....

and I agree with others this is probably a waste of money ..

eat in deficit + work out = lose weight (and save money)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options

I'm more of a stout and porter girl myself.

Trust me, I'm not disregarding anyone's advice.

I just really don't want this to turn into a forum where people harp on another person's wish instead of just relaying their own. If you don't need or want a care package, then just leave it alone.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    You know what else is a waste of money: any piece of clothing or food that is absolutely not necessary to me functioning in a day.

My tv, my computer, my access to the internet, etc, so forth, on and on. Jesus people. I WONT GET A FAT BURNER. FEEL BETTER?

Now can we get back to the basis: were we get to talk about unnecessary wants and desires. Je-sus.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I don't care what you do ...

just sharing a little knowledge that I have learned over the past seven years...

good luck with the hypershred...
  • ndj1979
    Options

I'm more of a stout and porter girl myself.

Trust me, I'm not disregarding anyone's advice.

I just really don't want this to turn into a forum where people harp on another person's wish instead of just relaying their own. If you don't need or want a care package, then just leave it alone.

then start a care package group and make it private...
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    No thanks.I'm satisfied with the amount of new friends I've made from this post, and not deterred by people who refuse to stop posting in forums that they really have no interest in. I'll keep open and continue to enjoy the fun, cute, silly, awesome, interesting items and adventures people have replied with.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Tequila
    Shot glass.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    Tequila
    Shot glass.

For me it would be "tequila, shot glass, bathroom." Ha. That old witch tequila just kicks my booty!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options

Now can we get back to the basis: were we get to talk about unnecessary wants and desires. Je-sus.

Controlling much?
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options

Controlling much?

Yup. Probably staying that way too.
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1. Fleur de sel
    2. A mandolin slicer
    3. New running shoes
    4. An arm band carrying device for my phone, so I don't have to hold it while running.
    5. New sports bra
    6. Gift certificate for therapy to cure my emotional eating.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    1. Fleur de sel
    2. A mandolin slicer
    3. New running shoes
    4. An arm band carrying device for my phone, so I don't have to hold it while running.
    5. New sports bra
    6. Gift certificate for therapy to cure my emotional eating.

I had to google your number #1. Are you referring to the sea salt? If so, what do you like to use it in.
    Getting an arm band for my phone was awesome! I hit up Target and got one fairly cheap that fit my phone, and it's odd shaped.
    I feel ya on the emotional eating!
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use the fleur de sel when I make salted butter caramel ice cream, vanilla bean salted caramel sauce, and to top the milk chocolate salted caramel filled cupcakes I like to bake so much. Hmm... No wonder I'm here on MFP, huh?

Thanks for the idea to check Target for the arm band. I have a pretty huge phone, so I'm hoping I'll find one that fits. :)
  • littlelawson83
    Options
    Good God some people on this forum are utterly humourless!!! What is UP with some people!!!!

I like this idea, it is fun (remember that?!?!).

My care package would be new workout clothes (when I look better!), maybe some nice beauty products along the way & then when I'm at goal- a holiday! Go hard or go home right? ;)

Love the lady who bought herself a car at -50lbs!
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    -Gift certificate for one massage per week for a whole year
    -Godiva chocolates
    -Several new outfits from Title Nine
    -Complete DVD collection of "Game of Thrones"
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Just so I get it right, the "Fat Girl Care Package" is what will help you get to your goal?

There are so many frivolous things I'd love to add to my daily/weekly life that I either can't afford or just don't want to spend that kind of cash on right now. XD

- Bellydancing/Hula-hooping lessons. For fun and for enrichment.
    - Kettlebells for home. (And suitable flooring for when I inevitably drop them during juggling.)
    - A HRM.
    - New workout clothes.
    - Weekly massages.