Fat Girl Care Package

Options

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I really wanted a Bodymedia Fit but until I can afford one I have opted for the Polar FT 4 HRM which I love.

I have a food scale and it is a godsend...I don't remember the exact brand but I know it is associated with The Biggest Loser in some way.

Feel free to add me if you would like some encouragement. I see a lot of negativity in these forums, which is why I wanted to make a fun category full of support. I will support you any day!!!! I have only been seriously on this journey for about 10 weeks and have already had my fair share of ups and downs. I'm in it for the long haul, though, so I would love to be a part of your journey!

Frozen mixed fruit is one of my favorite snacks! I love frozen peaches.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I really want some light weight "trail runner" type shoes... haven't looked into them to know which one specifically cuz I have no money and it makes me sad :(
    Also want new sports bras and light weight workout pants for outdoor running.
    HRM monitor (actually I want a fitbit :) )
    a food scale and other measuring tools... I've realized I'm still off with my portioning so that would help.

hmmm what else.... yea, I have a lot of things I've wanted at some point or the other but being broke sucks the fun out of that kinda thinking :(
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    my neandermagnon care package would include:

a power cage
    an olympic barbell
    more plates
    the power cage would have a pull-up bar and dips bars on it
    a new phone, probably the latest samsung one
    a nice car, nothing fancy, just one that's a bit more reliable than my husband's beat up old honda

oh, and on the subject of bras.... one that actually bloody fits me would be nice.... because apparently my combination of mahoosive rib cage and rather small boobs went out of fashion at the end of the last ice age and almost no companies even stock my size!!!!!!!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options

a power cage
    an olympic barbell
    more plates
    a nice car, nothing fancy, just one that's a bit more reliable than my husband's beat up old honda

oh, and on the subject of bras.... one that actually bloody fits me would be nice.... because apparently my combination of mahoosive rib cage and rather small boobs went out of fashion at the end of the last ice age and almost no companies even stock my size!!!!!!!

Cracking me up!!! Maybe look into the Enell we have been talking about? I have yet to try it but it has great reviews and is definitely an over the shoulder boulder holder. I think it would work for the rib cage thing! :)
  • holly5306
    Options
    This is a great post! I recently bought Lululemon clothing. It is all they say it is--love it. New clothes motivate me more in the gym for some reason. I really love their headbands. They are very wide and all hair stays in place during execise.
  • lizzieloucaws
    Options
    OOOOh I love the idea of a care package... but i shall have to think of stuff. Can I ask what is hypershread? I am based in the uk and have not heard of it?
    grief i still cant think of stuff to go into my care package (this makes me sad :()
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'd give myself some new work out clothes and a few free "ME" hours a week, and some espresso protein powder I've had my eye on! :)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    OOOOh I love the idea of a care package... but i shall have to think of stuff. Can I ask what is hypershread? I am based in the uk and have not heard of it?
    grief i still cant think of stuff to go into my care package (this makes me sad :()

I'm also a Lizzie! Hypershred is a fat burner. I know several people who used it while working out, and I was thinking of trying it out for energy and appetite supression. While I don't depend on pills for weight loss, I have never tried a fat burner and this one was at the top of most lists I read, so I thought I would give it a go.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have a few things I want but have put off buying since I don't necessarily need them. So into my care package they go!

-Fitbit (I have a hrm so I'm waiting (hoping) for it die so I can buy one :bigsmile:
    -Good Running Shoes (non restrictive and natural feeling that are good for wide feet)
    -Supportive Sports Bra
  • AEMW8
    AEMW8 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hmm....let me think....

A classic lady's bike (the ones with the low curving bar)
    New bras. Period. Don't care the style.
    Sexy dress and heels to match
    Gift Certificate/Money to get my first tattoo (my body, my temple, I decorate how I want)
    A month's worth of spa appointments, paid in full
    A year's worth of horse riding lessons.....or a horse, I'll be happy either way.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Oh, I want to play! Here's my wishlist care package:
    -Polar HRM
    -Anti-chafe cream/gel/powder
    -A super-strong sports bra
    -New ipod loaded with funky jams that make me want to run harder, better, faster, stronger
    -Extra will power
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh, I want to play! Here's my wishlist care package:
    -Polar HRM
    -Anti-chafe cream/gel/powder
    -A super-strong sports bra
    -New ipod loaded with funky jams that make me want to run harder, better, faster, stronger
    -Extra will power

Is the Anti Chafe cream needed for runners rash? I'm new to running and developed that problem. I used some baby anti rash diaper cream and it cleared it right up. Probably TMI on my part, but if this is the reason you need it (assuming since you mentioned running harder), I hope it helps you out :)
  • neandermagnon
    Options

a power cage
    an olympic barbell
    more plates

Cracking me up!!! Maybe look into the Enell we have been talking about? I have yet to try it but it has great reviews and is definitely an over the shoulder boulder holder. I think it would work for the rib cage thing! :)

I just looked them up.... in my band size (40) the cups start in a C.... my cup size is much smaller than that... so not even close :sad:

And I'm already at my goal weight/body fat percentage; my strap size is all due to my rib cage, not extra fat, so it's not going to get any smaller (though my boobs might if I lose even more fat). I like my rib cage and I'm happy with my body.... just it's highly frustrating being unable to get bras that fit me!!!!! There's only one company I know of that actually stocks my size, and they're in the USA so I'd have to pay international shipping to get it, which is a big risk given that it still might not actually fit me.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Anita-Control-Activity-Comfort-Sports/dp/B000LK22DW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/192-1302674-8624546

Would something like that work?

I did a little quick research and women with the same sizing difficulties were talking about the C9 from Champion.

I wonder if that would be a place to look? Sounds like they are available at Target and Wal-Mart and online.

I love a good challenge- and sports bras are always challenging!!!!!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Mine would be a basket for my bike, a new fitbit case (mine is breaking), a pedicure, a tripb to the gym that does 5 dollar drop ins. They have a hot tub!!! Some new smelly lotion and body spray, new sports bra and new workout clothes.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Anita-Control-Activity-Comfort-Sports/dp/B000LK22DW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/192-1302674-8624546

Would something like that work?

I did a little quick research and women with the same sizing difficulties were talking about the C9 from Champion.

I wonder if that would be a place to look? Sounds like they are available at Target and Wal-Mart and online.

I love a good challenge- and sports bras are always challenging!!!!!

thanks for doing that :) The one you linked to won't be suitable because the sides are too high, because another problem I have with bras is the sides of the cups digging into my underarms. I'm kind of a weird shape lol.... the C9 ones look more promising, I've found bras like that in the past that fit me, although they didn't give much support. However the reviews for that one say that it does give a lot of support so I'll see if there's anywhere local that stocks it. :) thanks :)
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    It could be I need more coffee today, but I don't get it.

I guess I shop too much.
  • pippishortstockings
    pippishortstockings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My fat girl care package would be:

A pair of vibram toe shoes
    Some osteo-biflex (seems like a good idea)
    A hammock
    One of those dog leash waist bands (so I don't have to hold the leash while jogging)
    A new and stylish rain jacket!

Silly things, but fun for rewards!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    My fat girl care package would be:

A pair of vibram toe shoes
    Some osteo-biflex (seems like a good idea)
    A hammock
    One of those dog leash waist bands (so I don't have to hold the leash while jogging)
    A new and stylish rain jacket!

Silly things, but fun for rewards!

I tried every pair of toe shoes I could get a hold of and none fit me correctly. So now I wear Merrell w/ Vibram Barefoots. Same idea, just no toe separation. Love love love them! I used to take Osteo Biflex but my roommate wiped me out and I haven't got a new bottle. I need to get some for sure. The dog leash sounds awesome! I walk two 65 lb dogs on a regular basis and sometimes I wrap their leashes around me to get extra control over them. I will have to look into that.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    needtoloseafewpounds Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If you really want to spend your money, I would spend it on good, comfortable, and functional gym wear (including shoes!) ^_^
    A gym membership would also be really awesome.
    I've already bought myself a ton of gym clothes and it makes me happy to stay at the gym to show off my cute chunky self hahaha
    Instead of getting firming lotions, (because they are really temporary. If firming lotions worked as well as they claimed, no one would go under the knife or laser.) I would head to LUSH or just order some AMAZING~~~ bath soaps and lotions because they are just too awesome and relaxing after a hard workout <3<3
    Some other things that are less of a waste to splurge on:
    1. A hula hoop for when you're watching TV and you want to move around instead of sitting down!
    2. A measuring tape because it is more accurate than a scale. It's still not 100% accurate, though because people do swell and bloat.
    3. Some ziploc bags to portion your cheat snacks and foods ^_^