Fat Girl Care Package

Options

Replies

• sbatz111
    sbatz111 Posts: 35
    Options
    I reward myself every 30 pounds or so, but at my ultimate goal (if I ever get there), I want a Mercedes. I can't afford it, but I have 100 pounds left to start saving!
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Shout out to the OP for handling rude people on this post. Awesome!

What I would want in a care package:

Running shoes
    Running socks
    Dark chocolate
    Nail polish
    Yoga DVD
    Letter of encouragement
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm also not treating myself with food, because I am not a dog.

Woof, woof.

Mine would be gift cards to Boston Pizza, The Keg, and Newfoundland Chocolate Factory.

Clearly you didn't continue reading my responses....

Lots of dark chocolate- a lot of us really do like the same things!!!!!

Amen to the nail polish and running socks- I'm super crazy about socks!!! There is this certain pack of Reeboks that I wear that are just the top of the sock chain for me!!!

Lol to the condoms---I may need a box if I make it to my goal weight! Ow ow!
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself and be happy!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    my care package after i lose 20 more lbs will be

New Sports bra
    Better hair clips
    Buffalo Bills Underwear, because they will finally come in my size!! lmao
    and a new pair of yoga pants!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    my care package after i lose 20 more lbs will be

New Sports bra
    Better hair clips
    Buffalo Bills Underwear, because they will finally come in my size!! lmao
    and a new pair of yoga pants!

Love your ticker! I've never heard of buffalo Bill's underwear. I will check them out!
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    my care package would have:

a consult and paid for surgery with the plastic surgeon of my choice to fix the loose skin and wreckage from 2 C-sections.

The boob fairy to come visit me

a massage

a winning lottery ticket for substantial money

a house with enough acreage to be a cat sanctuary for the stray lost kitties to live and roam free and safe from harm and hunger with lots of perches to lounge on.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    What I don't get about this entire thread is why is it called a "fat girl care package"?!?! For me I've worked my butt off to lose 118 pounds and I sure as heck don't want anyone getting me a "fat girl" anything and I definitely won't be getting myself one!

So, semantics aside I love rewarding myself with food. I love food. Food makes me happy. I'm going to go out on a fancy date with my hubby when I meet my goal weight (SOON!!!) and we will eat ALL THE FOOD! Why? Well, this is a lifestyle change for me and I'm going to be in social situations with food for the rest of my life and I want to happily eat it.

I also want a tattoo symbolizing reaching such a meaningful milestone (hitting goal weight or maybe goal BF% which is even more important to me). I've gotten a tattoo for every meaningful milestone I've had since I turned 25 (yeah I waited A LONG time) and this is an important one. Meanwhile all my existing tattoos are looking super fresh again with 118 pounds gone lol.

Now material things if money were no object I'd like a few (dozen) pair of Nike Free Runs, because I've only got one new pair in my closet once I wear out my current ones. I would want my basement completely renovated to include a home gym with the following: squat rack, new bench with Olympic bar and plates up to 400 pounds. (I have kind of a lame bench and weight set now.) A pull up bar, medicine ball, kettlebells, TRX equipment, and a treadmill (for God forbid the days when I can't run outside-which is extremely rare.) There's probably more...lol.

I'm going to register for a half marathon and a full marathon in 2014. I have an 8, 10, and 9 miler this fall so I just want to make sure I'm ready. I think that covers all the bases. ????????????
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    This is fun...but don't call it a "fat girl care package"...if it's a reward...its name should not be insulting, right???

My care package would include....

Some heavier dumbells
    A hybrid bike (had my eye on one of these for awhile)
    Personal training package from YMCA
    Pedicure certificate (I am on my feet 12 hour days at work...my feet take a beating!)
    Quest bars (I'm still trying all the different flavors...brownie is my current fave)
    Starbucks gift card (Venti iced coffee with no sweetener and soy milk is one of my favorite "treats" at 60 calories
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    You can call it whatever you want, but I am not insulted by referring to myself as fat (which I am) and the title is only what I am calling my own. That is why I've been referring to it simply as a care package for everyone else. "Fat Girl Care Package" makes me laugh. A LOT. And I also refer to it as this because these are things I want now, not at my goal weight, at which I will call it "Formerly Fat Girl Care Package." Don't worry I'm not calling you fat, or anyone else. Once again, that is the title I am giving to mine, and I in no way find it to be an insult to myself.

This is not the body I want. This is not the body I will accept any longer. And I will always refer to this body as fat until it no longer is. I am on a mission to better myself, and that means accepting that the "now" is unacceptable.
  • jenrobiwan
    jenrobiwan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like the idea, and I agree, whatever your care package would be is up to you.

My care package would be:

Origins Youthtopia Moisturizer
    Origins Checks and Balances face wash
    Pedicure
    Massage
    FitBit Pedometer
    Runtastic Heartrate Monitor

I love Origins products and I never have the money to buy them. Same goes for pedicures and massages. Every mom needs one of those, monthly (but I rarely get those either).

The Pedometer and heart rate monitor would add a fun techy element to working out, since I am a computer geek this totally entices me.
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I haven't really done this, but I find the fitter I get the more I spend on things like exercise classes and gym shoes. I think what I need most are more workout clothes (my yoga pants are getting baggy) and sports bras. I'd like an HRM, mine quit working. I have been thinking about a fitbit.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    Care Package Updated: I would also like some sort of bug mask to wear whilst riding my bike at dusk. I just ate at least 10 bugs, have about 15 stuck in my hair, and around 7 stuck in my eyes like Venus fly traps...or Venus eye traps! :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    As a reward to myself, I'm making a "Fat Girl Care Package" as a treat. Mine is including:

Hypershred
    Joint Fuel by Twinlab
    Enell Sportsbra
    Soap and Glory Sit Tight Intense XS Firming Cream

These are some pricier items I've been wanting on this journey to slenderland.

What would be in your "care package"?

I'm sorry but all that seems like a waste of money

yep

what is all that stuff?

hypershred..really?
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    As a reward to myself, I'm making a "Fat Girl Care Package" as a treat. Mine is including:

Hypershred
    Joint Fuel by Twinlab
    Enell Sportsbra

yep

what is all that stuff?

hypershred..really?

Hello, and welcome to my forum, posted under "Motivation and Support" not posted under "I asked your opinion on what I spend my money on." Thanks, and please come back when you're ready to participate in the theme which is: What would you want in YOUR care package.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Hypershred
    Joint Fuel by Twinlab
    Enell Sportsbra

yep

what is all that stuff?

hypershred..really?

Hello, and welcome to my forum, posted under "Motivation and Support" not posted under "I asked your opinion on what I spend my money on." Thanks, and please come back when you're ready to participate in the theme which is: What would you want in YOUR care package.

ummm last time I checked its a public forum ...

just asking a question...geez...

I don't need a "care" package I do well enough eating regular food, working out, and motivating myself..but thanks for your support! :)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    Well then I guess you got lost and this forum isn't for you, public or not.

I'm glad you don't need extra motivation.

I rather enjoy, as do many people, giving myself a treat every now and then when I reach a goal.

And hypershred is a fat burner, which I would like to try, so see if the energy and appetite suppressant results do anything for me.

A sports bra is, well, a sports bra, and I have huge boobs,

The joint fuel is protection for bad knees received during a violent injury and now they receive extra strain during my PT sessions.

The firming cream is for the big ole' belly and big ole' boobies I got. They could use a little extra support while I lose weight.

These are my wants, not my needs or tools.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    The people who have responded to the fat burner are simply trying to offer additional information. There are many people on MFP who have gone through different experiences (including buying fat burners) and have some great information to share, with hopes to save others the hassle and heartache. I get it, you are strong willed etc. etc. and I understand the essence of this thread. I just wanted to say..... that there may be times that you will have questions along the way to achieving your goal and disregarding valuable information on your trip to "slenderland" will make it even more difficult to get there. Best of luck.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

And hypershred is a fat burner, which I would like to try, so see if the energy and appetite suppressant results do anything for me.

Waste of money.

Caloric deficit + exercise = profit + money saved.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I find it funny that no matter how polite or tactful the respondents that disagree with the OP have been they get very snarky replies. I simply mentioned that calling it "fat" wouldn't be my choice and I got snark.

To everyone who has replied, good luck with your goals and I hope everyone gets to reward themselves as they see fit! ????????