Fat Girl Care Package

Options

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. Obviously I'm a guy so I think it's maybe a little different for me.

I would probably like a night with a woman. Just one night with someone, soft and feminine; nothing weird, I'm not talking about creepy stuff. Gentle massage and soft spoken words. More intimacy than sex. Hopefully for a few hours and what happens happens. Then we just fall asleep together until the morning.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. Obviously I'm a guy so I think it's maybe a little different for me.

I would probably like a night with a woman. Just one night with someone, soft and feminine; nothing weird, I'm not talking about creepy stuff. Gentle massage and soft spoken words. More intimacy than sex. Hopefully for a few hours and what happens happens. Then we just fall asleep together until the morning.

Why just one night?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Nothing I want and can afford is a waste of my own money. I'm treating myself, and that is the whole point. Negativity is not needed. If you don't want to play along, stay off the playground.

Right on! Why reply at all if all you have to say is something negative? You work for your money so you spend it how you want.

My guess would be as a voice of experience and reason for the hundreds/thousands of people who will read this thread and who might be led to a bad decision.

Alternatively, perhaps they thought they could help OP similarly.

And they were willing to stick their necks out to do this fully knowing that they would be met with dozen of people calling them names for it.

Regardless, if the day ever comes that they stop doing it, MFP will likely become nothing more than misguided happy thoughts and snake oil product pitches like so many other fitness message boards on the internet.

OP, from an earlier post of yours, it sounds like you think you have it all figured out. I hope so since you seem so antagonistic to any suggestions that challenge your current conclusions. Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Nothing I want and can afford is a waste of my own money. I'm treating myself, and that is the whole point. Negativity is not needed. If you don't want to play along, stay off the playground.

Right on! Why reply at all if all you have to say is something negative? You work for your money so you spend it how you want.

My guess would be as a voice of experience and reason for the hundreds/thousands of people who will read this thread and who might be led to a bad decision.

And they were willing to stick their necks out to do this fully knowing that they would be met with dozen of people calling them names for it.

Regardless, if the day ever comes that they stop doing it, MFP will likely become nothing more than misguided happy thoughts and snake oil product pitches like so many other fitness message boards on the internet.

OP, from an earlier post of yours, it sounds like you think you have it all figured out. I hope so since you seem so antagonistic to any suggestions that challenge your current conclusions. Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:

I appreciate people like that. I wish I'd had all of you around to save me the money I wasted years before on stuff like that. I luffs you all you supposed negative meanies! :flowerforyou:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

I appreciate people like that. I wish I'd had all of you around to save me the money I wasted years before on stuff like that. I luffs you all you supposed negative meanies! :flowerforyou:

But what about me, do you love ME?

Hey OP - that fat burning product (which is relatively legit, its just caffeine and synephrine) would be best saved for when you are closer to goal. I recommend you use it for that stubborn last 10 if you're going to use it. Stimulant stacks tend to become less effective with use (because your body adjusts to them), so while its still relatively easy to lose, you want to hold off starting them so that when you get to the last 10 you have some last little tricks in your arsenal.

Edit:

And I'll answer the original question. I like reading these threads becuase I like seeing waht other people want to buy. But I've never found rewards purchases particularly effective for me. I exercise and manage my intake because I like the way I look and feel when I do.
  • LuckyFur
    LuckyFur Posts: 96
    Options

I'm also not treating myself with food, because I am not a dog.

Dog's actually don't treat themselves with food.

They just eat food that we give them.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

Why just one night?

A starving man does not want a million dollars, Joy_Joy_.

He only wants a crust of bread.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If I'm bankrolling the care package, then all I'd want would be maybe some OPI nail strengthener and a new color, preferably glitter. If someone ELSE is paying for it, then I'll take a pair of Louboutin Pigalle pumps in fuchsia with spikes (http://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/shop/women/pigalle-spikes-patent-252347.html) and a diamond tennis bracelet. :-D
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    PS: I treat myself with food all the time. I self medicate with food too. I personally think that all of the "YOU CAN'T USE FOOD AS A TREAT" stuff is bull. It becomes a problem when you think you deserve a reward for getting up every morning or for doing the regular job you already get rewarded to do (with money) but its perfectly fine as an reward for an ACTUAL accomplishment. And I've had plenty of "I'm miserable and need a cinnamon roll" days too. I *like* food. Why shouldn't I reward myself with it?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Why just one night?

But a starving man would also see the opportunity to have much more than just the crust. With some decent work, he could aim for a whole jelly donut.
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Care Package for me? I am used to giving and not to myself - oh now the wheels are turning and I can see a care package for me in my future !

- Jewels always work - I would like to have more orange blossom sapphires from Sri Lanka - so perhaps another ring !
    - I think the "of the month clubs" are cool - perhaps flowers or fruit - oh heck why not both.
    - A trip back "home" to see my family/cousins.

OK that care package might be a bit pricey -- let's see..

- A trip to Chipotle once a month for the guacamole.
    - Manicures/Pedicures
    - A day to enjoy scenery and refresh my soul...
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

But a starving man would also see the opportunity to have much more than just the crust. With some decent work, he could aim for a whole jelly donut.

A starving man takes anything he can get. If he's lucky enough to get a jelly donut, he devours it like a man gone mad, with reckless abandon, not caring how he looks or sounds when he's eating it. It's all he can think about, like an animal; primal, relentless.
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    A fleshlight

Already have one, won it in a writing contest, lol.

This is a cute idea but I'm unsure what I'd put in my own package.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'd get:

a badass bike. We're talking 500-1500 GT mens bike - with a straight crossbar! I can't stand riding a bike when I can't put my knee on the crossbar.

a wifi scale with all the bells and whistles.

a heartrate monitor AND

a jawbone up

I wouldn't want a sports bra/bathing suit/etc because I'm actively losing a good amount of weight.

I just got a Polar FT 4 HRM. Love it!!!!! That was a treat from my mom for losing my first ten lbs. She had heard me talking about how I really wanted one so my calories burned were more accurate.

The bike sounds awesome. I just dropped some money into mine to fix a few spokes and get it cleaned up. Love riding my bike!

I want a Polar HRM, does the FT 4 vome with a chest strap? I already have a Fitbit, but I want a HRM for a more precise calorie burn!

Also, you get whatever you want in your "care package" it doesn't really matter if anybody else feels it's a waste of money. Someone told me my Fitbit was a waste of money, but I've found it to be one of the most useful tools yet during my weight loss (along with MFP, obviously!)

Good luck!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    As a reward to myself, I'm making a "Fat Girl Care Package" as a treat. Mine is including:

Hypershred
    Joint Fuel by Twinlab
    Enell Sportsbra
    Soap and Glory Sit Tight Intense XS Firming Cream

These are some pricier items I've been wanting on this journey to slenderland.

What would be in your "care package"?

My care package is:

Collistar breast cream. I've been using it for months and I can definitely see results. My breast stay firm even with weightloss.

Clarins hand and nail treatment cream. It's absolutely the best hand cream, my mom taught me to use it.

Collistar abdominal and hip night cream. It was recommended by my massage therapist. I don't see any results except of very smooth skin but its also nice to see.

Once a week I do deep treatments in my gym bathing - after exercising and swimming pool, I go to hammam. After that I exfoliate my body with Moroccan kessa gloves and put oils on my skin. For body I use a mixture of almond oil with coffee infusion and added mint and orange oil. For face I use a mixture of avocado oil with rose and jasmine. For hair it's always pure coconut oil.
    And this way I go to a sauna or just hang out for an hour.
    After an hour I wash all the oils off and go to the LPG or regular massage. During massage my therapist always uses oils or body creams so I don't need extra moisturizer. But after LPG skin is begging for extra care and I use some of the almond oil with coffee, mint and orange again.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The Enell sports bra is a must for the bust!
    Some stylish work out clothes that I feel comfortable in.

and a goal outfit
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Any woman or your woman? I'm confused.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    This looks like fun. :]

Let's see, in my care package I would like:

1) A cute, vintage style dress.
    2) High quality, multipurpose pumps.
    3) A collection of the prettiest nail polish colors from OPI.
    4) Some sort of minimalist footwear (maybe Luna Sandals).
    5) Bright red lipstick that actually lasts all day.
    6) Karma Koins so I can be a dork and trade actual money for fake money in online games.

None of this is related to weight loss, but oh well.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    A closet full of new workout clothes. That is all.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

A starving man takes anything he can get. If he's lucky enough to get a jelly donut, he devours it like a man gone mad, with reckless abandon, not caring how he looks or sounds when he's eating it. It's all he can think about, like an animal; primal, relentless.

tumblr_lq2qfxYGJc1qht847.gif