WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Penny good to read you! Your Christmas traditions sound peaceful and lovely.

Allie sending healing strength to help you and your dad.

Back to routine today, a little grocery shopping and exercise on the docket for today

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    My main internet has died for some reason. We suspect our provider is having issues. Hopefully they fix it over night. I've got hesitant and tentative connection with my phone.

So I started working on sorting and organising my home office. This is one job I would love to hire someone else to do.

I am organised and do like organising things ... I just organised my container cupboard while looking for a container for the leftover saag paneer ... but somehow I find that office daunting and overwhelming.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Oh yes ... when the internet died this afternoon, I headed out for a 25 km bicycle ride. ☺
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options

This morning I got up early to bake the croissants and lay the table. No one else was up so I ate my croissant and went off to do my exercises, which I completed while they were all having breakfast. :o;) I hope no one was offended and DH said not. I know myself - it I don't get it done at my "habit" time, it doesn't get done at all. DH is doing his now. <3:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

:)Heather, I congratulate you for doing this. I hear too many people use the excuse of house guests to explain why they can't exercise. As the host, you are not required to be with them every moment. You provided great food and laid the table so they were well cared for. Then you cared for yourself.

<3 Barbie
  • Machka9
    Options
    The cherry picking has begun in earnest but we're still hoping for no rain till the end of January.

The rain stom that dropped 100 ml of rain on us at the beginning of December ruined most of one variety and part of another but so far the rest are OK.

They are running a crew of about 32 pickers yesterday, today, tomorrow (Friday ), Saturday and Sunday ... then Monday is a holiday. And they'll be back at it till the end of January. I think the packing shed crew comes on tomorrow.

I won't see much of my husband till the end of January!

M in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Alie ~ So sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis! Prayers for you and him.

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi all you fine ladies,

Evelyn, beautiful quilts. Reminds me of my mom as she owned a quilt shop.

(((Allie)))

Margaret, I just love the painting. Where will you hang it? Always wished I could paint. Seeing the flowers bring summer to December. Thanks.

Machka, I’d rather have your +30c than my -7below. Beautiful pics. Hope the cherries pull through for you.

Heather, I love the blue lights on the tree. I wish we had more people at Christmas as we would love to play more games. We did play Yahtzee though and that was fun. Sort of a tradition to play it.

Penny, what a wonderful memory. I can see how that would be special to you.

Karen, happy to hear you made it home ok.

Lisa, forgot to tell you that I really like your new ring.

Joyce, glad there is no more bleeding. Hope you are on the mend soon and the tingling goes away.

Well, trying to get my head where it needs to be in order to get back to tracking and starting some sort of exercise next week. I have to admit that it has been nice not having to think, track and plan my food. But I’m feeling pretty ready to get back on track.

Hope everyone has a great day. Terry in VT
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Penny Lovely childhood memory. How unique!

Lanette Olivia's brother will arrive in April. <3

Allie So awfully sorry to hear the news about Dad. Did you say the tumor is 60cm? or did you mean 6cm (about the size of a lemon)?

Rori Your potential word for 2018 is a good one; I had to look it up...sounds like the perfect word for you and your husband for the upcoming year.

Karen in Virginia

I believe my word for 2018 will be "Pluck"! (I will need some pluck to complete the tasks that will lead to a happy and healthy 2018.)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,431 Member
    Options
    Ladies - new topic here. I need pillow suggestions.... has anyone tried the "My Pillow" I see advertised on TV? Margaret, that is such good news about you catching up on your sleep - what kind of pillow do you use?

I've been reading about the "My Pillow" on Amazon but the reviews seem mixed. Not anxious to spend $50 for something that will end up on the dog's chair, lol.

DH and I both need something on the softer side, but one we can mold "push" into a bit plumper when we sleep on our sides. I've woken up with a neck ache the past 2 mornings, ready to toss the pillows out into the trash.

Thank you to anyone who wishes to share.

Lanette
    Sleepy in SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Terry I plan to hang my new picture in a hallway at the top of the stairs. It does not have direct sunlight there.

Slept 9.5 hours with one break. I think it the extreme cold here that made me sleep longer. Slightly warmer today high of 13 then back to the freezer for a couple of days. I have learned just to do the indoor things that need doing during this kind of weather.

Today I am getting together with teachers I used to teach with a number of years ago. One woman in particular is good at organizing our outings. She has an annual Christmas gathering.

:heart: Margaret
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1207906t5ef8adzuh.gif
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lanette, my DH loves "My Pillow". For many years he has had trouble sleeping. Costco had a "two for the price of one" special last winter and we bought a pair of medium support pillows. He says it reduces the pressure on his neck and he can sometimes change position without waking up. I tried the second pillow but I didn't notice any difference from my regular pillow but I don't have trouble sleeping.

Betsy in NW WA

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Lanette ~ I have HoMedics Thera-P+ Memory Foam Pillows which I got at Sam's Club. I love it now but at first it was letting out some gasses that were irritating. Aired the pillows out really good.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Lanette Of all things, a foam travel pillow works best for me. I have not tried "My Pillow".

Karen in Virginia