Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    joyce sending healing strengthbyour way. Feel better <3<3<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Joyce - Sending you much love and hugs and I will be thinking of you today. <3

Also best wishes to Lenora. You must be feeling very frustrated right now and just want to feel ok. <3

Wendy - You have been very philosophical about the theft. Well done. :D

I have done my exercises and am now having a coffee. I've made up one of the beds and DH is going to do the other. Three extra rooms will be in use! It's nice to have a full house sometimes, but not for too long. Got to wash hair and titivate and do a quick hoover. They are arriving around 4 pm so I'm going to put ganache on a banana chocolate chip bundt cake I did in the IP ages ago. (DH doesn't like banana flavours ) Then DH 's younger daughter is coming late on the train after work in London, so I will offer the others Indian vegan snacks with a couple of dips and some Margaritas or Aperol Spritz, before we all troop down to the pub. Later I have no doubt there will be karaoke as we all like a sing song!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Joyce, my dear - I have no words, just know you're valued and loved. Please check in when you can.

Sue - am so glad my daughter's Christmas experience warmed your heart. It did mine, as well, and so glad your husband was thanked for his service. I think those words mean more to our generation, as the reception when they came home was so different than it is now.

Sharon - all the support in the world in your travails with Larry... but the unpredictable part of his behavior remains unsettling.

Wendy - So sorry about your purse being stolen. Insurance may pay anyway, and as long as you've stopped all the cards and disabled the phone, you may be able to get out of it with minimal financial damage. I hope that's true, for your sake. It is like having a friend stolen, losing our purses. One of the main reasons I don't carry one.

Got a new planner yesterday with the Barnes & Noble giftcards we received for Christmas, and Corey got a cookbook. Do love a clean new start to a year... Also picked up a small hardbound journal on clearance, and will be putting all my passwords in it today. There are a lot. Need to get them offline, though. Too much like having a purse out there that opens your whole life, even if it is encrypted.

Love y'all... tough start to a New Year for so many... my thoughts are with you.

Lisa in NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    Joyce~my dear you hvae had more than your share of issues, praying for a speedy recovery..
    Wendy~ sorry to hear that your purse was stolen I will be extra vilagent with mine..
    Well poor dad has been pooping up a storm in preparation for colonoscopy,,, I have load of laundry in and waiting to get that through its cycle and then in the dryer.. before I go over..I am working at noon. so here is hoping they get him in early and find out what is going on... if any of you are in the mood to send a few prayers his way I would appreciate it at 89 he has been in darn good health and has taken pretty good care of himself...but you just never know...
    bless my dear neighbor she took Alfie out yesterday afternoon and will take him out again today.. she is a peach and will have to get her a nice little something as a thank you...
    will check in tonight..
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - thinking about your Dad... and you.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    <3Joyce,sending hugs to you

<3Allie, sending healing thoughts to your dad

<3Sharon, Larry's erratic behaviour seems so unsettling...sending hugs to you as you sort things out.

2191610q208gshr57.gif This is what I look like if you add many layers of clothing and two leashed dogs.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Allie Hope your dad is better soon. Sorry you are dealing with this right now. Glad you have Alfie to comfort you.

Wendy I am so sorry your car (an extension of your personal space) was opened and your purse & phone were stolen. Besides the loss, there is a sense of violation and deep disappointment when something like that happens. Creep, indeed! (((Hugs))).

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Allie - Sending big hugs to you. And another one for your dad. <3<3<3<3<3

Just got to prettify myself now. All prepared. :D

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx where we had a light covering of snow this morning. :o Melted now.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Am in the hospital.

Joyce, indiana

I hope they're able to figure out what's wrong and that you'll be on the road to recovery soon.

Hi Sisters, I did not have the best of days today.

Sorry you had to go through that!!

• Machka9
    Options
    Wednesday

Run
    Distance -- 4.1km
    Elevation -- 44m
    Moving Time -- 28:32
    Elapsed Time 29:23
    Pace -- 6:53/km

Cycle
    Distance -- 19.2km
    Elevation -- 337m
    Moving Time -- 1:19:16
    Elapsed Time -- 1:25:12
    Speed -- Avg: 14.6km/h | Max: 39.2km/h

Walk
    Distance -- 3.2 km

Part of that walk was a quick dash down to the beach to see the front runners of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht race come in. It's an impressive sight!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    In the slow cooker ... doing it's thing. I've made a few modifications to the recipe, so hopefully it will turn out all right. :)

https://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/sunday-slow-cooker-saag-paneer

It will be served with rice and garlic naan later. :)

I felt like I wanted something with a lot of veggies today.

M in Oz

Done and a success! :)

I added half a small sweet potato, one small carrot, a little bit of cauliflower, and a quarter of an onion. The original recipe has none of that, and I've made it with none of that before, but it can be a bit on the thin side. Sweet potato, in a slow cooker, becomes a thickening agent, so I figured I'd add that, but like I mentioned, I wanted lots of veggies, so I thought I'd pop a few more in.

With the naan bread and rice, it was so filling. There's still lots left for tomorrow.

I also made an apple cherry crumble with fresh cherries but canned apple pie filling. Unfortunately, I should have used more butter in the crumble, but it isn't too bad. And it is also very filling!!

It was a good thing I ate lightly earlier in the day, and then did all that exercise!! I was absolutely stuffed by the time I finished all that!!

There's enough apple cherry crumble for another couple days!!

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did a 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Paul Katemi's ASAP DVD

Joyce - oh no!!! Lots of prayers for you

Wendy - I'm so sorry to hear about your pocketbook, but it was a good thing that your license and credit cards weren't in there. I know the feeling. My wallet was stolen out of my pocketbook, even tho the pocketbook was in the trunk. The only thing I can think of is that they broke into the car, popped the release for the trunk that's in the car, and got into the trunk that way. The trunk wasn't broken into. Since then, despite Vince's protests, I have that mechanism for my trunk disabled. He complains all the time how it would be so much easier if he could just pop the trunk open from inside the car instead of having to use the key, but the only time I re-enable that is if my car needs some sort of repair where they need to get into the trunk. As a matter of fact, if I need to re-enable it, I would have to look at the owner's manual to find out how to do it -- that's how infrequently I do it. I think in the last ten years, I've probably done it at most 2 times. At least you won't have to go thru the hassle of putting a hold on your credit. But you still feel violated, I think anyone who has had a purse/wallet/whatever stolen can relate

Allie - good thoughts being sent for your dad

Denise and Pete are still sleeping. Went downstairs and exercised. I do that as soon as I can in the morning so that I can wear just my underwear and a sports bra and no one sees me.

Michele in NC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Joyce ~ Prayers said for you!

Alison ~ Prayers said for your dad!

Wendy ~ So sorry about your purse being snatched and your new phone missing.

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Sue in TX I have not had a crown roast in years. There are delicious!!!

Sharon has Larry had any medical evaluation for what is going on. When there are changes like there could be a medical reason.

(((Wendy))) like Lisa I do not carry a purse. I have wrist clutches that stay attached to me when I shop. My new car does not have a trunk latch so even if they can get into my car they cannot open my trunk. I am used to how I have to open it now. For me it is a minor inconvenience compared to the peace of mind of how difficult it is to get into my trunk of my car.

(((Lenora))) you are already sounding better. You were right about the lights in the hospital. I am glad they did not trigger another seizure. Sometimes common sense in lacking. Sometimes reporting this type of behavior to a nurse helps. I hope you never have to be there again.

(((Joyce))) sending healing thoughts.

Allie prayers for your dad.

Going to another painting class today. Looking forward to it. Below zero here. I am glad I have so many plants and hot water heat keeps our home comfortable. Eight hours with one break in sleep.

:heart: Margaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.he is chatting away this morning but won't have colonoscopy until this afternoon..I will get a call from GI Dr after procedure.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I opened my weather app to check the forecast and it couldn’t locate where I was and this came up. I know some peoplehateTX but this is a bit extreme. Took me by surprise. gdhejdp7wvg5.png
    It had travel advisories for lava flows and fire and brimstone showers.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn ~ That's terrible
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm