Options

Replies

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »

Seeing if this works: tk0tjd95j4k5.jpg

Yep, Terry I clicked on the link you posted, then right clicked on the birds image, selected Save Image As, and saved it onto my desk top. Then I got it to post through the picture icon.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

Seeing if this works: tk0tjd95j4k5.jpg

Yep, Terry I clicked on the link you posted, then right clicked on the birds image, selected Save Image As, and saved it onto my desk top. Then I got it to post through the picture icon.

I thought I had done it before but this time it didn’t seem to work. Going to have to keep trying until I get it right. Thanks
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I thought I had done it before but this time it didn’t seem to work. Going to have to keep trying until I get it right. Thanks

@langman22 ... like this ...
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding posting pictures ..... the ones that aren't ours ...

If you save them onto your computer and post them from there, the appropriate attribution does not necessarily follow them, and you could, potentially, be in violation of copyright laws. MFP could also, potentially, be in violation of copyright laws. Some photos use watermarks, which helps.

Instead of saving them onto your computer, simply do this ...

Find your image.
    Right click on it.
    If you are using Windows 10, it's really easy ... select "Copy Image Address"
    If you are using Windows 7, select Properties, then where it says: Address (URL), copy all of that making sure you have the type at the end (.jpg or .png or .gif or whatever)

Now come back to MFP.
    Select the icon above the message that looks like a little landscape mountain range with a sun.
    Paste into the pink/beige box, where the cursor is flashing.
    Into your message, you will get something that looks like:

(square bracket)img(square bracket) with the address you just copied in this spot and then the closing tag for img ... (square bracket)/img(square bracket)

And voila, your picture will appear!

Now, if you click quote on this message, you will see the whole image address for the picture below. You will see that it comes from cdn.doublequotes.net. You will see the size the picture is and that it is a jpg. If you copied the whole thing from the http all the way to the .jpg and put that into google, you'd be able to find that exact image. You'd also be able to post it in Facebook or elsewhere. And that address meets the copyright requirements, at this point ... you've indicated where you got it.

what-we-hope-ever-to-do-with-ease-we-must-learn-first-to-do-with-diligence-403x403-nk7bkt.jpg

Machka in Oz

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

@langman22 ... like this ...
    Regarding posting pictures ..... the ones that aren't ours ...

If you save them onto your computer and post them from there, the appropriate attribution does not necessarily follow them, and you could, potentially, be in violation of copyright laws. MFP could also, potentially, be in violation of copyright laws. Some photos use watermarks, which helps.

Instead of saving them onto your computer, simply do this ...

Find your image.
    Right click on it.
    If you are using Windows 10, it's really easy ... select "Copy Image Address"
    If you are using Windows 7, select Properties, then where it says: Address (URL), copy all of that making sure you have the type at the end (.jpg or .png or .gif or whatever)

Now come back to MFP.
    Select the icon above the message that looks like a little landscape mountain range with a sun.
    Paste into the pink/beige box, where the cursor is flashing.
    Into your message, you will get something that looks like:

(square bracket)img(square bracket) with the address you just copied in this spot and then the closing tag for img ... (square bracket)/img(square bracket)

And voila, your picture will appear!

Now, if you click quote on this message, you will see the whole image address for the picture below. You will see that it comes from cdn.doublequotes.net. You will see the size the picture is and that it is a jpg. If you copied the whole thing from the http all the way to the .jpg and put that into google, you'd be able to find that exact image. You'd also be able to post it in Facebook or elsewhere. And that address meets the copyright requirements, at this point ... you've indicated where you got it.

what-we-hope-ever-to-do-with-ease-we-must-learn-first-to-do-with-diligence-403x403-nk7bkt.jpg

Machka in Oz

Thanks I’ll try again tomorrow
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Lll
  • pipcd34
    Options
    no gym workout, gym closed

stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 dome, down Mst- 12.48min, 136mhr, 2.3mi= 104c
    apple watch- 74c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 17.24min, 10.4amphr, 135mhr, 3mi= 142c
    apple watch- 115c
    walk sta 2 wk- 10.54min, 2.3ap, 109mhr, .5mi= 56c
    apple watch- 58c
    walk wk 2 sta- 9.01min, 3.4ap, 102mhr, .5mi = 44c
    Apple Watch- 47c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.16min, 7.7amph, 149mhr, i2.6mi = 193c
    Apple Watch- 149c

total cal 547
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :) The dogs walked happily in the snow for almost an hour before breakfast and then didn't want to walk after so I walked by myself for almost two hours. It didn't freeze overnight, so it wasn't icy. Spent the morning working on paperwork including a thank you note to my line dance class for their thoughtful gift. After a simple lunch, we watched movies ("Argo" and "The Mexican") with a break in between to take a nap. I rode the exercise bike, knitted, and did my strength training while watching the movies.

:)Katla, the "twist" isn't essential to the scarf or hat pattern. The hat is knitted on two circular needles with stockinette at the bottom, trinity stitch above, and back to stockinette to do the decrease rows. The scarf is seed for about ten rows at the bottom. Then seed for about ten stitches on each side and trinity stitch in between. The twist made a nice line between the trinity and the seed, but could be left out.

:) I have access to a copy of Younger Next Year for Women so if you'd like to have it, send me your name and address in a personal message and I'll get it sent to you.

:) It might snow again overnight. If it does, the line dance teacher may not be able to get down her steep hill to teach class so the class might be cancelled. :'(

:)Allie, all our dogs loved their crates and stayed in them happily as puppies. As they got older they often went back into them for a nap or to eat a treat.

<3 Barbie
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    janet love the organized system for your ribbons

I am planning on a big decluttering and purge of non essentials as I do every New Years. Love to clear the decks and looks like we may be snow bound a little so I will have every excuse to stay indoors this weekend and focus on cleaning and organizing.

Beth the pics of your house in the snow are lovely, looks like your getting the major snowfall once again. Here we are expecting maybe 4 inches and everything comes to a standstill!

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    Options
    someone asked me where I got the airstream wine bottle stopper. he said www.etsy.com
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Beth - wonderful pics

Well, we went to the movies, then friends of ours came by to look at the decorations and to give us a bag of grapefruit for us letting them use the condo. Really, they didn't have to do that.

After they left the doorbell rang. I thought maybe they forgot something. But it was Pete and Denise -- they came a day early.

Well, going to get to bed right now. Boy, in a sense them coming early screwed me up. I had things planned for them coming tomorrow. Well, we'll just adjust.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    n the slow cooker ... doing it's thing. I've made a few modifications to the recipe, so hopefully it will turn out all right. :)

https://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/sunday-slow-cooker-saag-paneer

It will be served with rice and garlic naan later. :)

I felt like I wanted something with a lot of veggies today.

M in Oz
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Made it to pg 58.

Lisa - Just read the story of the kids and their special dolls. It is great to know that good people still exist. This was a special Christmas gift.

Heather - Your cancer friend has such a warm smile. She gave you all such a great gift in making another memory with you.

Wendy - I thought everyone was a little Canadian. Lol. We are such a melting pot.

Marcelyn - that is a lot of stockings!

Allie- I am so sorry that you were uncomfortable in your daughter's home. So disrespectful to yell at your Dad. I guess he was not taught to respect and honour your elders.

Thanks to all of you for your concern and support for me in the situation with Larry. I don't know what to think. He seems to blow hot and cold daily. I have wondered more than once in the past if there are some mental health issues in the mix.

Saturday we had friends in for a nice ham supper with all the fixings. We had a very good visit. It was Larry's idea.
    Sunday I worked, we went out in the afternoon and then I went to a beautiful service with my cousins. Candlelight and Carols. Standing between such great singers was intimidating but I knew all the words and I have enthusiasm. We drove around and looked at a few light displays. My cousin gave me his new Christmas CD but I haven't listened to it yet.
    Christmas Day we opened gifts and stockings with Chico. Larry got me a new phone. Now to get it set up. We went to Christmas breakfast at Jheri's and did gift exchange with them. Keira was my little sweetheart and snuggled me a lot. She was very excited about everything. Jason and his little family came over a little later in the afternoon. We exchanged gifts and then it was on to my sister's. It was good to see everyone. I played crib and crokinole. I did, of course, over indulge.
    Today was a sleeping in day. It was a good day to be inside. -33 celsius this morning....BRRR! We did venture out to get my phone set up properly but after looking at the lines that will wait. We also went to my DS to eat leftovers for supper. In between we phoned all 3 of Larry's brothers.
    Back to work tomorrow and not excited about that.

-Sharon in Lethbridge, Alberta (Looking like we are in this deep freeze for the next few days)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3