WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn - that is so funny

Barbara - my bosu has a stability bar. My balance -- shall we say -- leaves something to be desired. How did you get the videos to post? Did you first have to put them up on uTube? In the first video there was this tall thing, what was that?

Michele in NC
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Becca yes, for sure getting at least one more, maybe two. :)

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Allie "wake up to a adorable fuzzy face giving me kisses" So happy for you. Best way to start the day. Praying real hard for good news from your Dad's procedure.
    Lisa great pics and what wonderful gifts you gave your daughter and your daughter gave you.
    Terry your meringue cookies remind me of my "forgotten cookies" recipe, I'll try to find it but the theory was to heat up the oven, put the cookies in, turn the oven off and leave them overnight. They had crushed candy canes and white chocolate chips inside. As cold as it is your way, you might be tempted to crawl into the oven with them ;)
    Margaret, caramels sound yummy. Leaning toward "Mindful" for my 2018 word. Mindful of what I eat, do (or don't) and say. Mindful of my many blessings. Mindful if who/what/where I am right NOW.
    Kelly lucky Mamamama to get phone kisses. -11? GOOD two foot base of snow? Brrrr.
    Becca "non-screaming support" LOL!
    pip run .5 mi to work? In all weather? You are inspiring! If I would just WALK .5 mi to mailbox and back every day, rain or shine ... hmm maybe a January goal?
    Heather hope you can dodge Bea's "something". Your plans sound yummy and fun.
    Janetr Love the organized "ribbons in a row". GOOD dh!
    Michele thanks for reminding about Bosu workouts. Getting it out and pumping it up will be my micro action for today. Not sure if its psychosomatic (cuz I flunked the balance test at checkup) or not, but every day I'm more aware of how unsteady I am. Hoping Bosu and Tai Chi will halt THAT decline. Love your laziness plan :)
    Katla "hopelessly addicted to advice giving" I resemble that remark!
    Beth beautiful pics
    DJ It wasn't windy so we had a good long (for me) walk. after lunch and nap I took myself to the Natures Coast Holiday light display. The weather was mild and I strolled for an hour. Over 7K steps for the day, twice as many as my average since the blood clots.
    Lenora thank you so much for sharing your story, and brava for recognizing the jack@$$es for what they are. Flashing bright lights, feet on the couch attitude, not what one expects from a professional. Donating puzzles missing pieces (or many identical ones) to the psych unit is cruel. Staff should remove. Refusing you your CPAP machine could endanger your life. Totally unprofessional and unacceptable. No one would tell Louis and Trey anything? No wonder they were frantic. SO glad you've got your FB password and you're safely at home. You don't need to proofread for us!
    SueBDew My mouth is watering, bet that roast was delicious! Too bad my DH likes his pork cured.
    Joyce sending much love and praying for quick healing.
    Wendy, Brava for your quick and determined actions. Hope they catch the creep soon!
    Sharon Dare you ask if Larry would be willing to go to the Dr for a checkup? What's crokinole?
    Marcelyn could your app or phone have been hacked? There are those in the midwest who might welcome some of that warmth tho' ;)

Don't know if can post links to videos but will try.
    https://youtu.be/qK_UmAWzpjE
    https://youtu.be/J3RQekQOyz4
    I'm a crappy photographer but the lights were so lovely I just had to give it a go.

Spent way too long sitting down at pc, time to eat and get ready for Tai Chi.

Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

yup, only 1/2 mi. considering i've run 26 mi, thats a piece of cake :smile:
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Allie "wake up to a adorable fuzzy face giving me kisses" So happy for you. Best way to start the day. Praying real hard for good news from your Dad's procedure.
    Lisa great pics and what wonderful gifts you gave your daughter and your daughter gave you.
    Terry your meringue cookies remind me of my "forgotten cookies" recipe, I'll try to find it but the theory was to heat up the oven, put the cookies in, turn the oven off and leave them overnight. They had crushed candy canes and white chocolate chips inside. As cold as it is your way, you might be tempted to crawl into the oven with them ;)
    Margaret, caramels sound yummy. Leaning toward "Mindful" for my 2018 word. Mindful of what I eat, do (or don't) and say. Mindful of my many blessings. Mindful if who/what/where I am right NOW.
    Kelly lucky Mamamama to get phone kisses. -11? GOOD two foot base of snow? Brrrr.
    Becca "non-screaming support" LOL!
    pip run .5 mi to work? In all weather? You are inspiring! If I would just WALK .5 mi to mailbox and back every day, rain or shine ... hmm maybe a January goal?
    Heather hope you can dodge Bea's "something". Your plans sound yummy and fun.
    Janetr Love the organized "ribbons in a row". GOOD dh!
    Michele thanks for reminding about Bosu workouts. Getting it out and pumping it up will be my micro action for today. Not sure if its psychosomatic (cuz I flunked the balance test at checkup) or not, but every day I'm more aware of how unsteady I am. Hoping Bosu and Tai Chi will halt THAT decline. Love your laziness plan :)
    Katla "hopelessly addicted to advice giving" I resemble that remark!
    Beth beautiful pics
    DJ It wasn't windy so we had a good long (for me) walk. after lunch and nap I took myself to the Natures Coast Holiday light display. The weather was mild and I strolled for an hour. Over 7K steps for the day, twice as many as my average since the blood clots.
    Lenora thank you so much for sharing your story, and brava for recognizing the jack@$$es for what they are. Flashing bright lights, feet on the couch attitude, not what one expects from a professional. Donating puzzles missing pieces (or many identical ones) to the psych unit is cruel. Staff should remove. Refusing you your CPAP machine could endanger your life. Totally unprofessional and unacceptable. No one would tell Louis and Trey anything? No wonder they were frantic. SO glad you've got your FB password and you're safely at home. You don't need to proofread for us!
    SueBDew My mouth is watering, bet that roast was delicious! Too bad my DH likes his pork cured.
    Joyce sending much love and praying for quick healing.
    Wendy, Brava for your quick and determined actions. Hope they catch the creep soon!
    Sharon Dare you ask if Larry would be willing to go to the Dr for a checkup? What's crokinole?
    Marcelyn could your app or phone have been hacked? There are those in the midwest who might welcome some of that warmth tho' ;)

Don't know if can post links to videos but will try.
    https://youtu.be/qK_UmAWzpjE
    https://youtu.be/J3RQekQOyz4
    I'm a crappy photographer but the lights were so lovely I just had to give it a go.

Spent way too long sitting down at pc, time to eat and get ready for Tai Chi.

Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

yup, only 1/2 mi. considering i've run 26 mi, thats a piece of cake :smile:

ok, so how did you add a video?
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbara in So OR - were you in Oklahoma City, your videos look just like our park lights down the street from us :) I love to go drive thru them every yeas. <3

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    Options

Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.[/quote]

yup, only 1/2 mi. considering i've run 26 mi, thats a piece of cake :smile: [/quote]

ok, so how did you add a video?[/quote]

huh? you lost me

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Rori - kinda loving recquiescence, but not ready for that yet, apparently. My word for 2018 - balance.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce, I hope you get well soon. Prayers going up.

Still trying to figure out what I have to do to get to FB - apparently I will have to verify my PW every time. Such a PITA. Have it on my cellphone, but cannot figure out if I have to 'log out' ... driving me crazy ... maybe sister will know what is going on ... or I might have to ask Jenn.

For once it was nice to be able to figure out something on computer and do it without my IT's help.

My mantra for 2018 is "10 seconds at a time." One thing I learned (Thursday of last week) ... was that I should do it with safety glasses on instead of looking through binoculars. I think Thursday was a turning point. Not 180 degrees yet, but getting there.

Pharmacist will call for a refill on my Lamictal since I won't be able to see Neurologist until mid-February. Otherwise I would be without seizure protection. I is already bad enough that I know my Dilantin has been increased and the Lamictal had been cut by 1/2. For the life of me - could not figure out how to 'cut' pills; but, pharmacist said that isn't a good idea because I might not get what I needed due to the pills crumbling.

Weather is awful. Kids have been sick ... friends they were supposed to visit this weekend are sick, so right at the moment the trip is put off. Apparently the 'flu' is pretty bad in the southern states. But, to me the 'flu' means you have 'cold-like symptoms and feel really achy all over'. What they are describing is more like a 'bug' ... throwing up and diarrhea.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options