Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sometims you hold that in like a kingdom of isolation. There is a storm inside and I couldn't keep it in. Heaven knows i've tried. Sometimes you try to conceal and not feel, and don't let anyone know.

I just had to let it go

Uhhhhhh.....BOOOOM!!!! I so totally and completely "get it" where you're coming from and the letting go of that YUCK is quite frankly everythang--Super YAY YOU and thank you ever so much for contributing to this thread. Let me tell ya, what you've shared is going to help inspire/encourage so many people (including lil ole me). Once more--BOOM and
    {{{Hugs and the highest of fives to/for YOU}}}} o:)<3o:)
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Okay...so on the weight blastification front:

Today I am 67lbs down (uhhhhh...WOW :smiley: ) actually 66.6lbs down, but the ticker shows 67, so I'll take it and with a smile too.

17500697.png

I officially changed my goal as well (since I met my 1st dream goal a week or so ago). My new ultimate/final goal is 140lbs. I wanted to wait until the dastardly scale moved downward before I made the official goal weight change and this week, I'm 1.2lbs down (putting me at 153.2--I like that o:) ), so OH YEAH and BOOM!

NewLIFEstyle4ME
    lost 1.2 lbs since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 66.6 lbs so far.

uu9p74nx2dz4.jpeg

I LOVE THIS BUSINESS OF LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK--SO MUCH, YAY!!!!!!!

You are killing it girlfriend! I love that its all coming together for you!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Okay...so on the weight blastification front:

Today I am 67lbs down (uhhhhh...WOW :smiley: ) actually 66.6lbs down, but the ticker shows 67, so I'll take it and with a smile too.

17500697.png

I officially changed my goal as well (since I met my 1st dream goal a week or so ago). My new ultimate/final goal is 140lbs. I wanted to wait until the dastardly scale moved downward before I made the official goal weight change and this week, I'm 1.2lbs down (putting me at 153.2--I like that o:) ), so OH YEAH and BOOM!

NewLIFEstyle4ME
    lost 1.2 lbs since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 66.6 lbs so far.

uu9p74nx2dz4.jpeg

I LOVE THIS BUSINESS OF LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK--SO MUCH, YAY!!!!!!!

You are killing it girlfriend! I love that its all coming together for you!

Right?!? I LOVE the term you used "killing it"--honey, all this "mess" must needs DIE (literally be killed), be it a slow and painful death, whatever, bring it and die fat/sloth/mess/"stuff" that's been hindering me for YEARS, die from up off and in me "mess" forever and so glad to embrace this DEATH of mess, stress, flab and ugh and Thank ya Boo so much for your kind and mega inspirational support!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! From North Carolina

Love me some you {{{{ <3 SNOO <3 }}}}} Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. May EVERYDAY be Thanksgiving to you and me too!

P.S. You're the best, period.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Allie1618 wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving from Northern California! Wishing everyone a happy peaceful day full of friends, family and food.

I went to Pre log my food day... laughed at the red negative calorie number and added more butter to the potatoes. Enjoy the best this day has to offer!

GIRLFRIEND...I just LOVE this post--so much! You got me smiling, high-fiving cheering for you over here--what a powerful and lovely person you truly are=BOOM! You ROCK, period. Happy Thanksgiving Boo, and may EVERYDAY be Thanksgiving to/for you, now and forever more. YAY Allie!!!
  • snoo61
    Happy Thanksgiving from Northern California! Wishing everyone a happy peaceful day full of friends, family and food.

I went to Pre log my food day... laughed at the red negative calorie number and added more butter to the potatoes. Enjoy the best this day has to offer!

I am also in the red, and don't care! I'm planning my piece of pie right now! Love your attitude!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

I am also in the red, and don't care! I'm planning my piece of pie right now! Love your attitude!

Again, you're the BEST...period. YAY YOU!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Haha! Ya’ll are awesome! I don’t regret a single bite from yesterday!

Back on track today, easy because I’m stll full 😜. Plan to head up to the forest and hunt for Christmas trees today with the family. So not ready for Christmas to be here so soon...

YAY Allie...life is far too short for regrets of this kind. How powerful of you! Also, hunting in the forest sounds exciting AND like you'll be getting some tremendous fresh air, sunshine and good ole fashioned exercise. I hope you guys will have the best time ever!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Steph_135 wrote: »
    Thanks for this discussion board!

I read "The Japanese Art of Tidying"... Twice, and I'm still trying to implement the "one-big-toss" method Mari Kondo uses. :)

I did GREAT decluttering my clothes. Even now, I can think of a few pieces I want to donate because they aren't bringing me joy anymore. But when it comes to step 2, the books, I get stuck. I have so many books. I've downsized considerably this year, but they still take up too much room! I have only read a handful of them, but I want to thin out the collection even more.

*MENTAL BLOCK*

Anyway, after books, come papers, other, and then sentimental stuff. (It doesn't help that a lot of my things are being stored at my mom's, so I can't even see everything I have).

Definitely a worthy journey! I'm looking forward to doing some more decluttering this weekend.

Goals:
    - go through the 2 boxes of books sitting around
    - donate 2 boxes of clothes and books (I'm 1/4 there)
    - tackle the filing cabinet and papers that are laying around

😁

Hey Steph {{{{*waving Hi*}}}} You are truly an inspiration and YAY YOU for doing this seemingly easy, but super hard (mentally and even physically too). Thank you ever so much for contributing to this thread...you ROCK, period.
    <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Today’s goal: Set timer for 30 minutes, grab a bag and de-clutter.
    I am drowning in it. Family has been home for holiday weekend.

I seem to keep de-cluttering the same place. Some of it is my son’s books/memorabilia that he dumps in my craft room. I should just haul it in the basement and label the boxes. He’s in college so he doesnt have time to go through the things. He sold a bunch on ebay.

I see a problem with being a collector. It really creates clutter. And you get that initial high from buying something, but then it just sits there. (Talking about my son who collects movie memorabilia )

I know I can only de-clutter my own things. So, that’s my focus today.

The battle is REAL and it's often DAILY too. Please know that you are so NOT alone and cheers to you for daring to even think about let alone attempt to tackle these irritating/frustrating/necessary issue(s). YAY you and
    {{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    @RubyRed427 I love when my closet and desk are spacious and clean! I'm always surprised at how much room is actually in those 2 spots when they're cleared.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    mamadon wrote: »
    I really need to get rid of that diary I kept for a year when I was seventeen. It makes me squirm to read it, and I keep thinking about when I croak someday and my family reading it with all my teenage drama and angst lol.

@mamadon :heart: I hear you! I really don't want to read mine. I would hate anyone else to read them!

My old diaries were gathering dust in my room. When I cleared out my Outside Room Of Crap, I put the diaries in a box out there.

Now the box is gathering dust!

I really need to have a bonfire! :smiley:
  • snoo61
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Today’s goal: Set timer for 30 minutes, grab a bag and de-clutter.
    I am drowning in it. Family has been home for holiday weekend.

I seem to keep de-cluttering the same place. Some of it is my son’s books/memorabilia that he dumps in my craft room. I should just haul it in the basement and label the boxes. He’s in college so he doesnt have time to go through the things. He sold a bunch on ebay.

I see a problem with being a collector. It really creates clutter. And you get that initial high from buying something, but then it just sits there. (Talking about my son who collects movie memorabilia )

I know I can only de-clutter my own things. So, that’s my focus today.

I have decluttered the same places ever since I can remember. I've started putting things on the couch if they don't have a place. I ask hubby for ideas, but after a week if its not put away somewhere, it goes in the donate box. I am a sorry excuse for a house cleaner, so the reality is, I get an area clean and then forget about it. This process has me actually looking at things, and hopefully, improving. I'm trying and so are you...I'm proud of us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!