30's Corner

Options

Replies

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    MrSith wrote: »
    I don't have much of my 30s left just a cple years and I wonder will that effect me in anyway. 30s have been the best times so far and I'll go out rocking them I anticipate.

I too only have a couple of years left, and I agree, 30s have been great! I hope the 40s are just as good - I imagine they will be, because I will make the most of it. ;)
    We can do it. I think my mindset it a lot better. I am more thankful and more challenging of myself. I do give into my temptations that make me happy more often than before and I suspect that I will in the future as well.

I found that as I get older, the more I stick up for myself and don't let people walk all over me. I also do what puts a smile on my face. 26 was the worst birthday for me - I started saying I was in my late 20s and that was depressing. 30th Birthday was great, because I had friends make it great - the grim reaper showed up and everything. When people ask my age now, I have to think about it because I am so much more comfortable with who I am. It also helps that I still get carded to buy alcohol (sometimes).

Sounds wonderful. I forget my age all the time.....have to do the year count on it well because it's not important anymore. Aging is a privilege denied to many anyway and I'm thankful I get new days.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    34 from Kansas here.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Hi. Erika. .31. Philadelphia :)

@BeamingBadass neighbor.
    36 from Philly burbs
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Oh I missed lots on here. What can I say I've been busy. I hope everyone is well and I can honestly say that turning 30 wasn't too bad. But this year as I'm about to turn 32 it has been harder. But life has changed a lot in the last 2 years.
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    And it sounds like for all of us this will be a BEAUTIFUL year!!
  • scompton094
    scompton094 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sarah, 30. From Illinois :)
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day young'ens!
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Lying about my age is easier now that I have trouble remembering what it is!

Lol I have the same problem! Hahaha
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    I don't feel my age at all ;)
  • sdancer2017
    Options
    I'm eating (yup eating) Cry Baby gum & thinking of you all!!!
  • SuzieC2003
    SuzieC2003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    37 from Ohio :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm eating (yup eating) Cry Baby gum & thinking of you all!!!

I had a Fun Dip a while back. It was just as tasty (and sugary) as I remember. We'd always buy them from the concession stand (at the pool, ball games, etc.) And Laffy Taffy! Banana is my favorite.
  • sdancer2017
    Options
    I bought some Razzles from Amazon. Hard & gross. Not what I remember. Glad the Fun Dip was good-I shoulda gone with that.

The consession stands. That reminds me of eating at the concession stand for lunch in high school. My DAILY lunch, you ask?
    A yellow bag of overpriced plain chips, a Fruitopia, & a fruit snack package. Explains why I am on MFP in my 30s hahaha
  • Emerald_Warrior
    Emerald_Warrior Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Oh Fruitopia....
    My daily lunch in 7th grade consisted of two pizza sticks, one of those giant soft cookies, and either a Fruitopia or a can of minute maid fruit punch :D
  • Emerald_Warrior
    Emerald_Warrior Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just made myself hungry :s:#
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Elementary school was mostly hot lunch, middle school some hot lunches, some packed lunches, high school occasional packed lunch, but mostly concession line food. Pizza, nachos, chips, giant Fudge Rounds ... or crap from the vending machines (pop, candy).
  • CryingBlue
    Options
    Ooh my gosh fruitopia and a small bag of cheetoes. That was all I ate for lunch most of hight school. And I wondered why I got heavy.

Anyways. I hope everyone is well. I got carded today. So I'm calling that a win.
  • sdancer2017
    Options
    Hahaha! Awesome! Yeah, you don't look in your 30s.
    In my late 20s I got carded at a Kmart while buying the T2 movie (for my ex). There are so many weird things about that sentence.

But I am starting to wish I'd get carded more. Perhaps it's my forehead wrinkle that gives away my (ahem) ....wisdom....
  • 81Katz
    Options
    In my late 20s I got carded at a Kmart while buying the T2 movie (for my ex). There are so many weird things about that sentence.

But I am starting to wish I'd get carded more. Perhaps it's my forehead wrinkle that gives away my (ahem) ....wisdom....

I have a slight '11' between my eyes. It's from years of needing glasses but not getting glasses so I squint, squint, squinted for a lonnng time. Pfft!
  • CryingBlue
    Options

I'm always surprised when it happens. I attribute it to my makeup addiction.