30's Corner

Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Snorks was my show! Although it wasn't as awesome as Fraggle Rock.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    badtraffic wrote: »
    EvanK84 wrote: »
    Saved By The Bell !

Aw I loved that! I need to Google what happened to Screech

This won't end well...
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Down with Fraggle Rock! Do you remember the Wuzzles...My 6th birthday party was Rainbow Bright and the cake had shrinky dinks that we did in the oven.
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Come along with the snorks ! Play along with the snorks!!! :)
    Yes loved rainbow Brite!
    Pound puppies and Strawberry shortcake
  • loseit6mfp
    loseit6mfp Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Anyone remember how awesome etch a sketch and light brights were?!
  • rsimons0133
    rsimons0133 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lying about my age is easier now that I have trouble remembering what it is!

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm just here for the years, days and months.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    loseit6mfp wrote: »
    Anyone remember how awesome etch a sketch and light brights were?!

I always wanted to play with the Light Bright at my best friend's house, because I didn't have one at my house. But I had the etch a sketch and she didn't
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Remember the game Simon? When it was too cold or snowy to go outside for recess in elementary school, Simon was one of the games our teacher had for us to play with.

Now what about the game Hi Ho Cherry-O? We played that too!

Chutes and Ladders?
    Candy Land
    Mouse trap ...
    I'm gonna get out of the way back machine now.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    We had all those games! I love board games, Clue was my favorite. Still is, but not fun to play with just 2 people...
  • loseit6mfp
    Options
    And Guess who!!
  • jalyn413
    jalyn413 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    31 from Pittsbugh
  • MrSith
    Options
    I don't have much of my 30s left just a cple years and I wonder will that effect me in anyway. 30s have been the best times so far and I'll go out rocking them I anticipate.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    I don't have much of my 30s left just a cple years and I wonder will that effect me in anyway. 30s have been the best times so far and I'll go out rocking them I anticipate.

I too only have a couple of years left, and I agree, 30s have been great! I hope the 40s are just as good - I imagine they will be, because I will make the most of it. ;)
  • MrSith
    Options

I too only have a couple of years left, and I agree, 30s have been great! I hope the 40s are just as good - I imagine they will be, because I will make the most of it. ;)
    We can do it. I think my mindset it a lot better. I am more thankful and more challenging of myself. I do give into my temptations that make me happy more often than before and I suspect that I will in the future as well.
  • kesirko
    kesirko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    About to turn 35 from Tennessee. Can I join in?

If it helps, I had a Light Bright. I was pretty stoked about it.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

I can relate. Teen years, Eh .. some good, a lot bad. My 20's were more about having to grow up (in some situations, too soon) so I felt cheated that while others appeared carefree and having fun, I was busy "adulting". Bleh ...

I had a hard time turning 30. I may or may not have cried and spent a day or (or three) feeling sad, angry, totally down in the dumps. I was not remotely excited about 30. Others were for me, (and I so wanted to slap everyone.) But as the 30's moved on, I felt like I began to know me a lot better. I still have problems or struggles but I (mostly) try to pick my battles anymore. Keyword, *try*.
  • MrSith
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

I can relate. Teen years, Eh .. some good, a lot bad. My 20's were more about having to grow up (in some situations, too soon) so I felt cheated that while others appeared carefree and having fun, I was busy "adulting". Bleh ...

I had a hard time turning 30. I may or may not have cried and spent a day or (or three) feeling sad, angry, totally down in the dumps. I was not remotely excited about 30. Others were for me, (and I so wanted to slap everyone.) But as the 30's moved on, I felt like I began to know me a lot better. I still have problems or struggles but I (mostly) try to pick my battles anymore. Keyword, *try*.
    Sounds eerily similar.......I think I had a midlife crisis at about 27, I thought life was over and it had sucked. Going to school and working, trying to find the correct career etc. I just chalk that up as experience and learning.

I just don't really know what I want out of life besides helping others. I, however, would like to have more smiles on my face in the near future. =)

• loseit6mfp
    Options
    Turning 30 was rough for me but I got over it lol and here we are :)
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options

We can do it. I think my mindset it a lot better. I am more thankful and more challenging of myself. I do give into my temptations that make me happy more often than before and I suspect that I will in the future as well.

I found that as I get older, the more I stick up for myself and don't let people walk all over me. I also do what puts a smile on my face. 26 was the worst birthday for me - I started saying I was in my late 20s and that was depressing. 30th Birthday was great, because I had friends make it great - the grim reaper showed up and everything. When people ask my age now, I have to think about it because I am so much more comfortable with who I am. It also helps that I still get carded to buy alcohol (sometimes).