30's Corner

Options

Replies

• sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @81Katz, it's not wanting to pay insurance /go to the appointments huh? (I'm procrastinating shelling out hundreds for new contacts-does insurance even do aaanything?)

I attribute my wrinkle to the concerned/understanding nodds I do in my profession.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    @81Katz, it's not wanting to pay insurance /go to the appointments huh? (I'm procrastinating shelling out hundreds for new contacts-does insurance even do aaanything?)

I attribute my wrinkle to the concerned/understanding nodds I do in my profession.

My husband has vision insurance, through his work, which doesn't cover a huge amount, but some. I actually had glasses in high school but rarely (never!) wore them so my eyes got worse over the years. The big wake up call was how night driving was getting worse and worse. Lots of blurriness and glares. I bought glasses first, but not contacts yet. I tried contacts in high school. Putting them in, total btch. Taking them out, much easier.

It was still really expensive even with the ins. When it was all added up my stomach about fell out of my butt! lol
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

My husband has vision insurance, through his work, which doesn't cover a huge amount, but some. I actually had glasses in high school but rarely (never!) wore them so my eyes got worse over the years. The big wake up call was how night driving was getting worse and worse. Lots of blurriness and glares. I bought glasses first, but not contacts yet. I tried contacts in high school. Putting them in, total btch. Taking them out, much easier.

It was still really expensive even with the ins. When it was all added up my stomach about fell out of my butt! lol

My husband just got lasik this spring and he loves it. I'm really thinking of doing it myswlf, but my vision has not been stable and keeps changing. I normally ware contacts and since I have been losing weight, it seems to have changed yet again. Ugh.
    I'm kinda sick of the whole contacts and glasses thing.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The talk about candy has given me the urge to pound an entire tube of Squeeze Pop.
  • jfitt007
    jfitt007 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    35, Canada...definitely own a few winter coats
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    32 from San Fran. Wait is this to get away from the 40 year olds? or the 20 year olds?

Cause we are the best generation, everyone before and after us are lesser beings :tongue:
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    32 from San Fran. Wait is this to get away from the 40 year olds? or the 20 year olds?

Cause we are the best generation, everyone before and after us are lesser beings :tongue:

Pre-xactly!!!!
  • NoCookiesBish
    NoCookiesBish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    20wzph84u09q.jpg

Do you remember this drink?! Weird and gross, but you wanted it because it was cool :laugh:
  • FallenOblivion
    FallenOblivion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just turned 30 ten days ago and I haven't enjoyed a single day of it. Perhaps it's the cold weather here in Pennsylvania that has me so crabby, lol.
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Oh yes!! I remember Orbitz! Terrible stuff :lol:

@FallenOblivion it gets better, I promise!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    31 from Kansas. I didn't give much thought when I turned 30, I guess it was the fact I was a mom of 3 I already felt older than I was compared to my friends that were just getting married or thinking about starting a family.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    a8zfnhu5sk44.jpg
    j2o1kb8958va.jpg
    94pct7n38puy.jpg
    o3wah0mji1mb.jpg
    xokxkwabznew.jpg
    ae4eh1n4n1a6.jpg
    74pcl65fz9to.jpg

• Versicolour
    Options
    Haha!! Absolutely! Did anyone else write letter to friends and crushes and fold them up into hearts and envelopes??
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    @cee134 - My grandfather would buy me blank cassette tapes to record music off the radio. I remember sneaking into the adult sectio of the video store and giggling with my friends.

@Versicolour - Yes, I always folded mine into envelopes. My bff since 6th grade still has all of the ones that I gave her.
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I just turned 33 on Tuesday. Excited for this new year of life.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    30 here as well. 31 in March. Turning 30 sucked but I got over it :)
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @cee134 wow!! That takes us back! Although the S was on my book covers, I also drew awful caricatures.

Yet another reason today's youth will struggle in the future: They never have to use interpersonal skills & random coin searching methods to make enough change to buy a chocolate milk, or learn from the trial & error of making a book cover that doesn't slide off when you open the book.

Actual convo with my nephew recently, trying to help him study history foran upcoming test:
    Me: "Well, let me look at the book. We can look in the glossary & highlight things"
    Him:"I don't have a book! It's all online!"
    Me:"Whhhaaat? No books? No highlighting? No book covers?!"
  • emjay6x3
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

xokxkwabznew.jpg

I miss this show so much!
  • emjay6x3
    Options

Hello, fellow Nor Cal-ian! I'm in Dublin.