30's Corner

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Tigerbeat & Bop magazine anyone? They were like the pre Us Weekly/In Touch celebrity magazines.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Tigerbeat & Bop magazine anyone? They were like the pre Us Weekly/In Touch celebrity magazines.

OMG YES!!!! I had my bedroom walls plastered with the New Kids on the Block (mostly Donnie), Christian Slater, Luke Perry, Corey Haim, etc.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    I actually did the pen pal thing from the Bop Magazine. We wrote each other for years and then lost touch. Her name was Amanda from Hell Michigan. I don't remember her last name though. She even sent me her school picture and I still have it.
  • emaksymik
    emaksymik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    30, from Buffalo NY
  • thenewmeagain18
    thenewmeagain18 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    31 from Toronto, Canada.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Well it’s getting warm here, 38-40 degrees yesterday. Summer is finally here.
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've decided I like the stories we tell- I picture it in my head-such good story tellers on here. Any embarassing 90s moments? Like the Polly pocket thing at recess was funny, relivng school crap lunches & making oneself hungry was funny...

You guys are awesome! Any stories you share are wonderful & entertaining!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I remember all the sleep overs with friends. Ordering pizza, watching VHS movies. Staying up late. Making prank phone calls to teachers and other kids who were aholes. Sometimes we'd 'sneak out' and go walking around the neighborhood in the dark (whoa, rebels!) Then we all out grew that fun.

Sleep overs became stealing booze from our parents and getting tipsy in whatever friends bedroom, stumbling outside to walk around the neighborhood in the dark. Making prank phone calls to our boyfriend's or other guys we liked.

Then sleep overs became stealing booze from our parents, getting tipsy in whatever friends bedroom...smoking some pot ... Stumbling outside to walk around the neighborhood in the dark spazzing out over a dog barking, being paranoid that someone was following us. Probably not prank calling anyone because we were to f'ed up to dial a phone. lol

Ahhhh, memories. Yeah, I did a lot of dumb sh.t in my younger days.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite memories is of my sister (I love her to bits and pieces and she needs to visit or I need to visit!).

There was a guy in her class who used to get a lift home with us, as well as his sister, we called them Brat and Bratina. One afternoon we were waiting for my mom and Brat wouldn't stop pinching me and I was getting really upset. My sister came out of school and saw him pinching me. She walked up to him, grabbed his wrist, twisted his arm behind his back and told him "Don't you ever touch my sister again"! Needless to say, he started crying. Haha! I love my spuddy!! She is the most awesome person in the whole world!!

• EvanK84
    EvanK84 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ok so especially in middle school , who would get up early and watch MTV music videos before school?
  • Emerald_Warrior
    Emerald_Warrior Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    EvanK84 wrote: »
    Ok so especially in middle school , who would get up early and watch MTV music videos before school?

Or rush home for TRL
  • EvanK84
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Nice!! Remember when Linkin Park came out and watching them :'(
  • Versicolour
    Options
    EvanK84 wrote: »
    Nice!! Remember when Linkin Park came out and watching them :'(

Yeah. What a tragedy :cry:
  • EvanK84
    Options
    Not to mention multitude of others BUT omg..... Chris Cornell :s
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Yeah! I need to go listen to some Linkin Park now. Catch you on the music thread!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I remember having a "notes" notebook with my BFF in the earlier years of high school. My other friends and I would do the cute folds of notes. When "pager code" was the way to communicate without calling someone back, we would write our notes in pager code so if the notebook ever got lost, the teachers would be clueless.

I remember when girls wearing basketball jerseys was the fashion. The first day of my freshman year of high school I wore a Scotty Pippen jersey. Or wearing Doc Martens with tight mini skirts/dresses.

I went to high school in Virginia Beach. This was before they made those stupid laws that make life of locals miserable to cater to tourists. Cruisin the strip was THE thing to do in the early evenings on Friday. Then go to the Abyss if you were 18.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    I remember when Kris Kross came out and everyone started wearing their clothes backwards. Does anyone remember the pacifier phase? WTH was THAT about!!!! Oh the sleep overs were so much fun. One of my friends had the game Girl Talk and we would play that at EVERY sleep over. Mad Dog 20/20 was the drink of choice for so many in my high school.

My favorite lunch day at school was when it was vegetable beef soup with grilled cheese sandwich. They had the best grilled cheese sandwiches.

@browneyedgirl749 I always wanted to do that in VB but grew up in Newport News and we were not allowed to travel to that side of the water. So, no cruisin the strip for me.