DESPERATE AND ABOUT TO QUIT

Options

Replies

• WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    mgalsf12 wrote: »
    SteamPug wrote: »
    3 meals and 3 snacks a day sounds excessive to me.
    3 meals and 3 snacks is only excessive if your calorie intake is excessive. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks and average about 1350 calories a day. Keeps me from being hungry and keeps my blood sugar from going up and down.

Same.

3 meals at 350 calories +
    3 snacks that are 100 calories each = 1350 calories
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    Instead of Keto, how about low-carb? It can be as high as 150 carbs/day. Get a food scale. Don't eat back your exercise calories. I'm your height and my calorie intake is 1340 calories/day.

She doesn't need to go low carb. She also needs to eat back some of her exercise calories.. and so should you!

On what authority do you say she does not need to go low carb? She may not "need" to eat any certain way but there are more than one way to skin a cat as they say and only eating 150 grams of carbs daily might work for her. I think she is very close to getting things going her way because she wants this thing.

There is no evidence that OP *needs* to go low carbohydrate for weight loss. I'm not sure what about that is unclear to you.

Saying it "might work" is totally different than saying she "needs" it.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Egads! Dieting doesn't have to consume your whole life. Give IF a try if you haven't. Don't weight anything and don't count your calories. Fast tell lunch, eat a salad with some protein, eat an afternoon snack (200-300cal - count this), eat a small dinner, eat a small before bedtime snack. If that doesn't work, fast tell longer even to one meal a day. There is more than one way to get a deficit. County and measuring is a tool but that is all it is and it can take a lot of time and can also not be accurate and you may still go over. You can go over also with fasting of course, but let the scale be your guide. If the scale is going down that is all that matters. If it is not going down, do a longer fast tell it does go down. I would go bonkers weighing everything and counting everything. I suppose if you eat as often as you are eating, you might have to count because it would be very easy to eat too much. If you fast long enough, you can eat tell your full and not count. If you still are not losing, just shorten the eating window and eat tell full (your stomach will shrink and it will become harder to overeat). That will work for most. If not, then you can just count calories for the evening meal and restrict yourself based on that which will be much easier than doing that for 6-meals. Good luck!

So i guess it's not important to hit 1200 calories, as long as the scale goes down, that's all that matters?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Instead of Keto, how about low-carb? It can be as high as 150 carbs/day. Get a food scale. Don't eat back your exercise calories. I'm your height and my calorie intake is 1340 calories/day.

She doesn't need to go low carb. She also needs to eat back some of her exercise calories.. and so should you!

On what authority do you say she does not need to go low carb? She may not "need" to eat any certain way but there are more than one way to skin a cat as they say and only eating 150 grams of carbs daily might work for her. I think she is very close to getting things going her way because she wants this thing.
    Blambo61 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is the resistance to try something, or resisting even the suggestion of trying something, especially for folks who are struggling making what they are doing work, especially when the suggester acknowledges that it may be better for some staying the course their on. If it works for her great, don't change (or make the changes you suggested). If it's not working, then you might consider a change. There is more than one way to skin a cat!

It's interesting you and Gale seem to both of said the same thing..

• HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

Blambo61 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is the resistance to try something, or resisting even the suggestion of trying something, especially for folks who are struggling making what they are doing work, especially when the suggester acknowledges that it may be better for some staying the course their on. If it works for her great, don't change (or make the changes you suggested). If it's not working, then you might consider a change. There is more than one way to skin a cat!

It's interesting you and Gale seem to both of said the same thing..

That's because it's true! There is more than one way to skin a cat. I'm open to more than one way.

If it's true, then why did you edit it out of your post?