Gym etiquette

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Back to our regular programming. @ekim2016 - You said, ive seen guys use the dryer to dry leak spots on the front of pants after peeing... I got the old guy with the 1970's running shorts pulled too hi splitting his...lol I don't know which is worse that or the manbun dude with the bright blue yoga pants and those toe shoe thingy's. Honestly though, not of this bothers me, people are people, some make us laugh and some make us mad, most make you say eeeew. But it's life and who really cares, I just workout. I don't complain or get offended by what people do or say or wear. As long as they're not bothering anyone it's okay.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    Back to our regular programming. @ekim2016 - You said, ive seen guys use the dryer to dry leak spots on the front of pants after peeing... I got the old guy with the 1970's running shorts pulled too hi splitting his...lol I don't know which is worse that or the manbun dude with the bright blue yoga pants and those toe shoe thingy's. Honestly though, not of this bothers me, people are people, some make us laugh and some make us mad, most make you say eeeew. But it's life and who really cares, I just workout. I don't complain or get offended by what people do or say or wear. As long as they're not bothering anyone it's okay.

yeah.... pretty much how I feel.

wear what you want, train as you like, make some noise if that's your thing too.

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    On par with the odd pants drying and the old naked guys in the locker room is a strange sight from my past: naked guy standing and stretching out in the steam room. Just weird!

Being in the weight area a lot, not putting away weights is a big annoyance for me. One, don't treat this like your bedroom and make other clean up after you. Second, and just as important, bars with weights still on them are taken to mean "I'm still using the station, just stepped away a moment". So in a busy gym, unracked stations won't get used until someone waita and decides no one is coming back.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    On par with the odd pants drying and the old naked guys in the locker room is a strange sight from my past: naked guy standing and stretching out in the steam room. Just weird!

Being in the weight area a lot, not putting away weights is a big annoyance for me. One, don't treat this like your bedroom and make other clean up after you. Second, and just as important, bars with weights still on them are taken to mean "I'm still using the station, just stepped away a moment". So in a busy gym, unracked stations won't get used until someone waita and decides no one is coming back.

Not putting away weights is annoyance #1 for me.

Annoyance #2 is people who think it's a Crossfit box (when it's not), hoard half the DBs in the gym and hog up 6 different stations so they can do their circuit/WOD for the next hour.