• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Try and keep it going today /tonight.
  • Ralphone
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Feeling good so far had late dinner so no snacks tonight I hope. I was thinking this would be like a 1800 help me not snack line. Something like you post help I want to eat this cake .Then someone post back and talk you down. Oh well not working put like that I guess.
  • Ralphone
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas.going to bed now had 2 Triscuits not do bad.lol
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with snacking as long as you're not going over on your calories. If you want a snack and you have 200 calories left, have a little snack. I ALWAYS save calories for a night snack because I know every night around 8 or so I'm craving something sweet. But if you feel like you wouldn't be able to stop after a little than maybe abstain from night time snacking all together, everyone's different, use your best judgement. Good luck!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Will give it a try. Real trying to enjoy the seson and not go over bord. Going out to lunch my aunt and family . Hope to make a good choice.
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    How did it go? Did you make goof choices?
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sorry, did you make good choices? Spelling error.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Yes stuff shrimp only 2 and yam and salad bar
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Thanks for asking
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    if im hungry after a certain time it didnt work telling myself no to food at night because i love night time eating, But i allow myself 200 calories of frozen fruit i save calories for (you get a surprising amount for 200 lol) And i eat little bowls of fruit. And if im hungry after that, Non starchy vegetables only. I do like those and sometimes ill still boredom eat them but atleast my snacking is nourishing my body nicely and giving me lots of fiber and water and keeping me from reaching for other stuff that totally throw me right off. No one gets fat off non starchy vegetables.

Telling myself i cant eat past a certain point doesnt work im to stubborn lol
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Yea I know don't work for me either lol thanks for the help.
  • vesna1911
    vesna1911 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Ralphone,
    I snack too, especially at night. What I find helpful is not having “bad” stuff laying around and have plenty of low calorie options that I like ready in the fridge, like any fruit, carrot, cherry tomatoes etc. After that I have couple of crackers and two mini super thin slices of my favourite cheese before I go to sleep so the last I taste is savoury.
    Another strategy I have for the evening snacking problem is that I split my dinner in two parts and have the second part later at night and closer to bed time.
    Hope this helps.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    All great ideas. I did not do so well on Sunday. Kinda just had to many snacks over the course of the day. Today is a new day. Hope to do better today.