Help with snacking!!

Options

Replies

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Ok all my snacking friends. I know New Year's is big for snacking. Just want to wish you all good luck and have a Happy New Year!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ready for the new year. Looking for good snacks in the new year. Suggestions?
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Join the "Say NO to Late Night Snacking" threads. It helps me a lot.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ok thanks I will check it out.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    And my the force be with you
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ok not so good today had cookies at work .going for run now . Going to do better! !!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I feel like I was pretty good. Eating eggs now (with all kinds of veggies mixed in, and some turkey deli meat.) I've been trying to up my water intake, for a while I could feel I was dehydrated.

Still slacking on the exercise. This time of year makes it darn near impossible to get outside to do what I really enjoy. Will have to get off my butt and settle for indoor workouts.

• daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    When I feel 'snacky' I ask myself "will I eat an apple right now?" Or "will I eat a yogurt right now?" or insert whatever 'healthier' food choice. If I say no, it's likely just cravings, boredom munchies or some type of emotional urge to eat.

If I do go get something, I have to be very careful and mindful. 1 single serve package, 1 mini or small serving size. Too many times when I did go to buy something I went off the rails and bought a crapload of food. So even trying to go buy just 1 thing is tricky at times.

Stealing this! I am totally guilty of emotional eating, mindless snacking and just giving in to cravings. Thank you.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Trying to make this week a good one.No snacking. Good luck all
  • Ralphone
    Options
    kids and wife left half a pizza on the stove help I don't want to eat it
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Ralphone - the problem is, you DO want to eat it. Open your diary. Add it to your log. See what happens.

I wrote some blog posts for you! Today: Favorite Low-Calorie Snacks. Earlier: Motivational Tips for Calorie Management.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Still there not going to eat it .
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ate way too much yesterday. Week was tough for me. Need to better this upcoming week. How you get through a tough week. Have a good weekend to all.
  • billutzman
    billutzman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots are my trick. Or Dill spear pickles (ZERO CALORIES) Or better yet (depending on how late in the evening it is). Go brush your teeth and lay in bed to TV. (Assuming the cravings occur while on the couch).

Getting off the couch starring ar TV is the trick
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Thanks for the help
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Doing good in the day. Still screwing up st night. It's like I lost my mojo lol
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Doing good lost a few . Trying to keep it going.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get myself back in the groove for months and then one day things just clicked again. Two days before thanksgiving. I've lost 10 pounds since. The thing that works best for me is to start eating later in the day so that I have more calories for night time. I drink a protein coffee all morning, eat my breakfast meal at 1-2, lunch meal at 4-5, dinner at 8 and a snack, usually a pure protein bar, at 10. As long as I have a protein and a carb at every meal and keep my blood sugar pretty even I don't get super snacks at night. You can do this!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Doing better the last few days. Sounds like a good plan. I think your right about the protein. thanks for taking time out of your day. Good luck