Help with snacking!!

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I ate too many munchies yesterday, mostly off the 'chocolatey goodie' trays yesterday. Ugh ..
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Tomorrow will be better. Merry Christmas to you. Have a few beers left to drink hohoho
  • I like the apple idea. If you peel and section the apple it makes it all the more snackable. Good idea Amanda if you are still there.
  • Ralphone
    Think I did ok considering it's a holiday. I think I drink more than I ate. But don't drink all the time and overall was not a bad day.
  • Ralphone
    Ok not a great start today. Had a few cookies fit breakfast. Work early not feeling it today. Hopefully I will get my run toady. Good luck all
  • Ralphone
    Going for run . Good so just a bad start
  • Ralphone
    Ok got clamp down on this snacking. Not. A good weight in ugh.
  • Ralphone
    Did good today
  • 81Katz
    Bump.

I ate McDonald's yesterday just because I was hungry and lazy. Cold winter weather makes it too easy to just be a lump of blah and laziness.
  • JeffKeene1967
    JeffKeene1967 Posts: 30 Member
    I quit snacking by starting smoking. My Dr didn't like the choice, but I lost 30 lbs. He's all snooty and said there are healthier ways and made me quit....lol.
  • Ralphone
    Don't give up. Mcdonalds is easy to get you off track. I stopped smoking about 15 years ago. It was harder then losing weight. You can always lose weight but get a new set of lungs. Try and try again.
  • myles1230
    myles1230 Posts: 163 Member
    Nothing wrong with snacking at night. It’s what you choose to snack on. I find myself craving something sweet at night. But instead of indulging into junk I make a protein shake or mix up some bcaas and it does the trick without hurting my goals! U got this!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    myles1230 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with snacking at night. It’s what you choose to snack on. I find myself craving something sweet at night. But instead of indulging into junk I make a protein shake or mix up some bcaas and it does the trick without hurting my goals! U got this!

I am perfectly capable of ruining my deficit with "healthy" snacks like apples, yogurt, protein bars, etc. I think the next strategy I am going to try is paying for my snacks. I could really use a decent pair of sneakers. So I am going to put out a "goodies jar" and anything that isn't already logged for the day and within my goals costs $1. I am incredibly tight-fisted, so hopefully this will be a way to capitalize on that attribute.
  • Ralphone
    Both Real Good suggest. Thanks for taking time out to share your thoughts. Good luck.
  • stinabean83
    stinabean83 Posts: 1,233 Member
    I get mad McDonald's cravings every now and again, and I love their coffee so some days it's hard to say no. So I'll get the Thai crispy chicken wrap with no sauce and a coffee, that way I get a semi-healthy wrap that has lots of veggies but still satisfies my McDonald's craving because that chicken is delicious.
    Night snacking is my weakness. My mission now is to remove it entirely because it's way way too easy for me to lose track of how much I eat or just keep eating/desiring food even if I'm not hungry. If I just know that no food after dinner is the rule then it's easier for me to accept it and just not snack, instead of trying to have willpower with how much food I eat while snacking.
  • jenniferc933
    jenniferc933 Posts: 12 Member
    I think 'aloneness' is the hardest part of 'snacking' or 'no snacking'. It's simply hard - no doubt about it. But I remember a post from this community (and I printed it out and put it on my fridge) - it said "you can't UNEAT the Calories but you can control what you eat from now on". I thought it was very good - because what is done is done - accept, don't cause yourself pain about it - just know you have strayed from your chosen path, which is 'good health' and probably weight loss and to top it off - a good feeling about yourself. Simply get back on the track to good health, food for many is an addiction (not unlike alchohol, drugs, smokes or shopping) - it's the 'aloneness' that sometimes fuels our addictions. Good for you that you share your story - it helps me too.
  • Ralphone
    I really like your advise. Thanks fot taking time out to post it. Good luck.
  • 81Katz
    So for New Years Eve tomorrow night I bought a small cheese tray and some bags of broccoli and cauliflower to snack on. I already had crackers, baby carrots and sugar snap peas. Plus I have 2 dips. I figure it's a 'not feel bad' snack that I can't really kick myself over.

Part of me felt like "hey, I just want to buy crap!" But I didn't, so that's pretty good. Guess I just don't want wake up Jan. 1st saying I hate myself again.
  • Ralphone
    Good job for thinking a head. Had an ok day was out visiting. May have went a bit over toady but not so bad overall. Hoping to do better tomorrow. Good luck all.
  • stinabean83
    stinabean83 Posts: 1,233 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    So for New Years Eve tomorrow night I bought a small cheese tray and some bags of broccoli and cauliflower to snack on. I already had crackers, baby carrots and sugar snap peas. Plus I have 2 dips. I figure it's a 'not feel bad' snack that I can't really kick myself over.

Part of me felt like "hey, I just want to buy crap!" But I didn't, so that's pretty good. Guess I just don't want wake up Jan. 1st saying I hate myself again.

That's great! I think that's such a positive move in the right direction. When we want to "buy crap" and just don't. Good for you!
    Keep it up everyone! It'll get easier!!