Help with snacking!!

Options

Replies

• eyezblu00
    eyezblu00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's great that you've had success today!!! It's tough!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Thanks have about 500 extra with exercise calories
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    It's really awesome how great you're doing!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Thanks for checking in. Hope you and doing well.

• 81Katz
    Options
    I'm trying! I've had nothing tempting in the house for a while. I'm a little nervous about tomorrow night. I know the meal will be pretty 'casual' but there's usually little trays of munchies and goodies too. I tend to want to munch when things like that are out. It feels really tempting too.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Yea I know what you mean. Maybe try eating light through the day and save your calories for later. May fit in a some time for a work out so you have extra calories. Good luck.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Doing okay today so far. But will need some extra help. Doing some holiday cooking. But I know I can do it LOL
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ran 3.2 miles felt good.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    No one today but doing pretty good so far. Hope everyone has a merry Christmas
  • Xelbabe
    Xelbabe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want to snack, I just look at the MFP blogs/forums. I find it inspires me and looking at recipes gets me hyped up for what I'm actually putting in my body. The chicken nuggets and potato wedges my youngin likes to eat drive me nuts sitting on the stove haha. I've found that sometimes it's just not worth the calories. I bit into something the other day thinking I deserved a treat, and it felt like a waste! I'll stick to my broccoli egg-white quiche. Make sure you're drinking enough water, too! I love to browse my friends diaries and keep myself in check that way. :)

Another way to stop snacking: Draw up a list of why you started this journey. If you keep snacks in a drawer, tape that list to the bottom of the drawer, read it, read it again, and read it again. After that, if you *still* want to snack on something you shouldn't, make sure you log it and it's within your goals. The same goes for cupboards, pantries, anything of the sort.

Yet another: If it's late and you don't want to snack, but you're craving something, go brush your teeth. Nothing tastes good when you've washed your mouth out with toothpaste.

You've got this!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Wow thand for all the help on Christmas eve. Thank you for taking time out of your holiday. All your suggesting sound great. Will give some a try. I feel like I'm getting better with not snacking. Have a Merry Christmas
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I found it was hard to stop snacking at nite once I start, so I have a late satisfying dinner with snack-6 or 7 then I just have lots of hot tea till bed time
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Had a few cookie tonight. Bit did good today over all.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    pamfgil wrote: »
    I've given up snacking entirely, it's easier for me to abstain than moderate, so now it's three meals a day only. I also listen to a hypno meditation audio daily to help reinforce this behavior.

This sounds like an awesome solution.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Ok had a moment of weakness. Guys at work brought in DD donuts. Kinda had 3. NOT GOOD. Did 35 min 2.5 mile run.that's ok
    Draginger *kitten* today out late last night . I am a mess today .

I agree. Definitely not good. One donut is a snack. Three is somewhat of a whole meal!! Anything I eat is usually in ones, not multiples.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    That was like 3 days ago
  • tiptoppy
    tiptoppy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also a snacker here! Let’s support one another!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Get back to soon.sorry busy with the holiday. Ok light beer calories are adding up lol.good luck.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Having a good time today so far. Trying to take it easy. Doing ok