Help with snacking!!

Replies

• Shobhana135
    Shobhana135 Posts: 2 Member
    what healthy snacks do you all have in the house besides apples .
    Something which you can buy at the store . Instead of homemade stuff
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    For me, evening eating is boredom eating. So I address the boredom. There are hobbies that keep your hands busy that don’t mix well with greasy, crumby food.

I’d suggest crochet but it might not be a guy thing. How about whittling?

Also, I am usually short on my water at the end of the day so I’ll make a production of making a sugar free drink of some kind. It might be a tea, Perrier, or ice cold water with lemon.

What is the pizza box doing on the oven? Package and freeze that sucker.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Weigh-in today only lost a bit. I only lost a bit but better then expect. I had 2 Bad days.I will try to do better this week. I made some sugar free jello to fight off the snacks lol. Good luck all. B)
  • Ralphone
    Had some lime jello for desert lol
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I've been eating really well for about a week now. I got rid of all temptations (minus peanut butter because my husband likes it) I'm trying to eat it in moderation (and with something like Wasa crackers or rice cakes) not bread which can be a trigger.

I've had many "I've had it moments" and all these start over moments. I'm trying to baby step it this time. Not all balls to the wall crazy which just doesn't work.

Despite a couple stressful situations lately my mind did not go to the old standby thought of 'just eat crap'. I'm pretty much left standing there, feeling the things I don't want to feel. Guess something hit me, I'd rather feel the crap healthier and thinner than to keep feeling the crap with more pounds added to the problem.
  • Ralphone
    Don't give up. I know how easy it is to get stressed and want to eat everything in the house. I know it easier said then done. Just take a step back before you get stressed and take breath. Good luck I know you can do it.
  • Ralphone
    Had what I think is an ok dessert. Frozen furit granola in Nutella
  • Ralphone
    Ok I ate a big bunch of chocolate chip cookies with milk. It was skim plus lol .I don't want to talk about it.
  • Ralphone
    Today is better but no time to work out
    Good luck all
  • Ralphone
    Did ok with food today.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Brush and floss your teeth after supper. Stops me from evening snacking every time :)
  • Ralphone
    Thanks for the help. Good day yesterday look forward to a good Friday
  • Ralphone
    Ok pre vacation day lots of running around not so good to many snacks and a party tonight . Wish me luck
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I've been more on the downward slide since about Wednesday I guess. Nothing epic, but enough to know I'm making bad choices that leave me upset with myself.
  • Ralphone
    Don't forget there always tomorrow. No is perfect. Don't give up. Good luck
  • Ralphone
    Leaving for min vacation will try to be good
  • aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    I love night eating snacking, which is why I have a weight problem. I love cookies and would sit in front of the TV mindlessly eating those Oreos or Chip a hoys. I found what works for me is just not to buy the cookies. I keep lots of fruit in the house to snack on. If I want a sweet fix, I make a hot chocolate (nestles-80 calories) with some reddi whip on top or a jello chocolate pudding cup (100 calories) and some redd I whip on top.
    Cookies, ice cream, pretzels, and potato chips are my trigger foods. So I just don’t buy them.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Few things I do to minimize the damage of night time snacking:
    Brush my teeth early, the mint in your mouth help reduce craving, also to lazy to brush teeth again
    Have low calorie snack prepackaged ready on hand, so when I did really want a snack it won't be over my budget
    Freeze the temptation like left over pizza, I feel bad throw out food and left them in the fridge is tempting, so divide these to small servings and freeze.
    Some solid advice right there. I’d also like to add that high fiber snacks tend to fill me up. Instead of eating a ton of Doritos, have a few and scoop up some fat free refried beans with them. I like to throw a few drops of hot sauce on them too. A hundred calories that way is much more satisfying than just 100 calories of chips.
  • Ralphone
    doing ok for being on vacation a few beers but not to bad so far.
  • 12bel0w
    12bel0w Posts: 1 Member
    I need help with mindless daytime snacking!! I work with toddlers, and anyone who has kids knows how often they love their snacks. Im finding that when they snack, I do too. Cookies, goldfish, yogurts, crackers, ect. I eat so well in the mornings and then one I get to work, I just graze all afternoon!