Help with snacking!!

Options

Replies

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help going to have a few walnuts now then a run I really want a nap good luck everyone thanks for taking time out to help
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was up way to late last night for no good reason and instead of getting some zzzzzzz I got some snaaaaaacks.....I tried to keep it to healthy items however I found myself eating just to eat. These snacks also came after I stopped logging for the night which I know is not good.....I shall not beat myself up....I wear a heart rate monitor when I work out so I know that I earned a few extra cals (no excuses lol). So anyhow.....back on it I go...........logging everything that goes into my mouth today! Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ok did good this morning .I got an apple instead of a butter roll . Go me happy Monday
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Ralphone! Today was my fast day so limited to 600 calories. No room for snacking today. Happy Monday! Keep it going for Tuesday!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Good luck and thanks for the support. Happy Tuesday
  • Ralphone
    Options
    REDMANIV wrote: »
    Awesome job Ralphone! Today was my fast day so limited to 600 calories. No room for snacking today. Happy Monday! Keep it going for Tuesday!

Went for apple 2 days in a row .good Luck with that fast.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ok had a frozen pizza / bunny ear melt down last not. I know not so good . Putting it behind me .I am going to have a better day toady.good luck all
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Had a wine and roasted peanut binge last night... didn't log it and am moving forward today. Stocking up on chocolate low fat Greek yogurt and moving the box of wine to the basement frig in anticipation of the evenings cravings. Best of luck to us all :)
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I am a late night snacker as well. (It feels like an AA meeting). Anyway, I try to keep my calories within goal. So I try to save calories until the end of my night. I also work the night shift...so often I eat to stay awake. Having recognized this, I pre-bag my snacks and lunch which I take to work. There are so many calories in pizza, though....if you are serious about losing weight, you should try to restrict eating it to once a month. Each piece is usually around 300-350 calories per slice. Even the thin crust is 220-270 calories per piece.
  • maymwah
    maymwah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Oh I know all about the pizza. My wife and daughter really like pizza so I don't make a big deal about not having it in the house. I need to do a better job of controlling myself when it comes to that food. Thanks for the help good luck.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Same here. Out of 80lbs loss I gained back 10lbs from late night snacking in the last 4 months and can't seem to stop no matter what I try. So I am venting here. Thanks :)
  • sidcorsini
    sidcorsini Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I leave a few calories in my eating for just those later-night occasions. I had a Bigly Yuge craving for a BellVita pack last night. I took it to the chair where watching tellie, set it down and it was still there this AM. Knowing I could have it was a trick to strengthen my resolve to NOT have it. -I hope that might help.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Same here. Out of 80lbs loss I gained back 10lbs from late night snacking in the last 4 months and can't seem to stop no matter what I try. So I am venting here. Thanks :)

Glad you are enjoying venting. Kinda why I started it but also to get some help.so keep coming back on bad days and good ones too. My food day not so good today and no work out. Trying to take care of a few other things today that have been stress me out and had a event for my daughter so I ate out and it was food not good for me .Hope to h have a better day tommow. Good luck all
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    I hope you are doing better today Ralphone! I did REALLY bad again last night but THIS IS IT. I am determined that I will do GREAT starting today. I will be back to see how things are going.
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One thing I do do stop late night snacking is to play simple puzzle game on my phone while listen to audiobooks, I need to use both my hand thus so eating at all. It works with TV too, I half watching and half listen to the TV and help to keep me from going to the kitchen searching for food during commercial breaks.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    I hope you are doing better today Ralphone! I did REALLY bad again last night but THIS IS IT. I am determined that I will do GREAT starting today. I will be back to see how things are going.

I know you can do it .don't bet your self up over last night. Good luck
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have cardio machines in my living room. When an interest in snacking arises, I sometimes remember to exercise instead. That seems to get my mind off the snacking.
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »

I know you can do it .don't bet your self up over last night. Good luck

I hope snacking is good so far for you it is Saturday and a little harder on the weekend but we can do this. Guess what my snack was 2 walnuts last night hurray for me. I am glad we are supporting each other here! It is a great thread. Thanks again
  • Ralphone
    Options
    No problem glad you like it. Doing well tonight. Last night not so well . I had a few yes a few lol pbj sandwichs. No sense beat myself up over it .Today was better. Good luck and snack well.