Help with snacking!!

Options

Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Late night snacking is my norm. I work the night shift. Any advice for night shifters?
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of 7 complete. 3 more days to reach my mini goal.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    Late night snacking is my norm. I work the night shift. Any advice for night shifters?

Sure thing. I feel that I have a lot of freedom when I plan out the food that I am going to eat for the day and allot a certain amount of calories for snacks that I want. I will weigh out my portions and put the snacks in baggies or will buy snacks that are in the size that I want. Depending on what kind of day that I have planned (night for you) I will often have 500 to 600 calories or more in snacks. I know that whatever is in my "snack bag" is available for me to use. I can choose to eat all of the snacks or I can choose to only eat some of the snacks that I packed. Either way it is logged and available......I find that often I tend to not end up eating all of the stuff that I bring. It is nice to have options though.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I would do say if you eat your meals at night then snacks at night are OK if they if your calories for the day .But the no snacks during the day.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Day 2 no snacks so far so good
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Nice job Ralphone..........snacks are ok.........just no snacks after midnight for the next 5 days.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    I know lol sometime i don't like to type much.when say no snacks that's what I mean.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Day no snacks after midnight. B)
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Day 3 lol so bad posting
  • Ralphone
    Options
    OK sorry I fell off the wagon. I had peanut butter bites. We'll have rest to night
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Hang in there Ralphone....Doing good out this way. Been staying off the late night snacks...hang in there this weekend. You can do it.
  • Ralphone
    edited May 2018
    Options
    OK did good no food last night. Day 1 no snacks
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Nice job Ralphone! When is your next weigh in? No snacks here last night after midnight either. Doing good in that department. Hang tough tonight.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    I think I will weight in on this Friday. I will try and go 5 day with no snack. Day 1 no snack
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    2 days in a row. No snacking. Tomorrow I go back to work. I have to figure out what "midnight" will constitute.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Nice job on the no snacks after midnight. Still no snacks here after midnight. Ereck I reckon that would depend on when you normally get off of shift and when you normally go to bed. Whenever your bedtime is go plus 2 hours and no snacks after that time. So for me normal bedtime is around 10pm (yeah right) so i make midnight my cutoff to eat any snacks. When i am really on point i have no snacks once I have closed my log for the night.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Day 2 no snacks
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Good job red keep it up 3 to go for me
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Thanks Ralphone...........I almost broke down tonight....I had a late workout and stayed up...waiting for breakfast to open...only 23 minutes to go...........not that I am counting or anything lol........Have a good one and go get that Day 3!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Day 3 no snacks but not a good food day for me .the only good thing was no snacks late.good luck