Help with snacking!!

Options

Replies

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Thanks for helping. I will try and not snack tonight. Do you think its bad if i eat a pbj for breakfast. I did today but i did weight it all out. Tell me what you all think.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Thanks for helping. I will try and not snack tonight. Do you think its bad if i eat a pbj for breakfast. I did today but i did weight it all out. Tell me what you all think.

The only thing really wrong with a pbj is it's not much protein and a lot of calories if you use a lot of peanut butter. That's why I started eating half of a sandwich - makes me happy for about 200 cal instead of about 500. I eat something with a lot of protein at the same time, such as chicken or cottage cheese. I also started getting my peanut butter out using a teaspoon instead of a knife, which makes it easier for me to stay within a single serving size. You could try weighing it to keep portions reasonable.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I just thought of something I used to do when I first started. Ziplock bags and sharpies. For your left over pizza: put each slice into a baggie and write the number of calories a slice has on the bag. Bid bold print works great. That way, you have a good visual of what that slice of pizza (or any other food) will be calorie wise. It's a mental trick, but it helps keep the snack in perspective as how many calories you are eating. I still do that with candy, I usually cut them in half, but them in separate bags and write the # of calories on the bags. It's part of my workout incentive....oh you want that Snickers, well then it's time to hit the treadmill.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    All good ideas thank you. right now I think it's other things making me sanck. Emotional eat I think anyway . Good luck
  • Ralphone
    Options
    OK no sbacks last night . That's one
  • Thediamond13
    Thediamond13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Track it! That has helped keep me honest. Once I’ve submitted my food for the day I don’t want to go back and change it so I just go to bed
  • Ralphone
    Options
    That's a real good idea . I just have to get serious about this snack thing. Thanks for the help.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Not doing well....have the munchies today. I think that when I force myself to stay awake when my body really wants to sleep, I really struggle.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Me too it's hard for me not to snack late at night. But don't give up . Last night I did good. No snacks. Good luck come back and let me know how you do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I account for my snack every night because I know I'm going to want it and it's not something I'm ready to give up. What about making your snack earlier in the evening and maybe a smaller size? My husband is a pb guy too, so I sympathize with you. Can you make it any healthier at all?
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Yes I can if I weigh it all out its now were as bad. I am trying for 2 night's in a row. I hope to do . I have done well in the past I know I can do it. Thanks for taking time out to help. Check in any time good luck.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My snacking/ e eating has been better. Only 3 'blips' since early April. I do recognize it was purely stress and emotional eating. They were not epic episodes like previous times so that was good. Made it not feel too bad.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    2 day's no snacks late .try for 3 tonight.
  • SlimKim11
    SlimKim11 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Great job making it 2 days!! I've had good luck with the concept of "urge surfing "...Google for a better explanation. Basically is the concept that urges pass and learning to work your way through them. I was introduced to the idea in reading about the book "brain over binge". So in case you are a researcher type...there ya go! Lol

I'm over a month without a binge, and nighttime eating was my stumbling block. I've tried literally everything else to stop it, plan for it, fast it away, etc. Good luck in the quest!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Thanks I will check it out sounds interesting. add me if you like or come back and check in. Giant pbj are my weakness lol thanks for the help
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Try splitting calories into 6 meals, including a pbj. I have a 1 slice with pb2 many mornings for breakfast
  • Ralphone
    Options
    3 days now no late snacks. trying to build momentum.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    2 days without snacking. It helps to drink a lot of water.....several bottles of water....then there's no room for food.
  • nodley
    nodley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is my only real problem! I'll just boredom eat and I can't stop myself.

So far the only thing that's helped is by having a big bowl of salad in the fridge at all times so when I stick my head in there's something ready to eat.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ok day 4 no snacks going for the work week.