Help with snacking!!

Options

Replies

• REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great job Ralphone! I an back home now. Going to stay off the after midnight snack train. Weekend is coming #ChallengeAccepted
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Good luck I know you can do it
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have bad food cravings, especially if I know that there's something tasty around. I've tried to combat it with having more filling meals - filling my plate up more with vegetables/lower calorie food so the volume is higher. I snack on higher protein things and just engage my willpower a bit! Generally I find the cravings pass after while, if I indulge then I tend to want more and more of the food and it's just a slippery slope!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Thanks for the help. Trying to more filling foods. But sometimes I still want my late night pbj. But so far in the last 3 days.
  • nogutbut1
    nogutbut1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I had to chuckle when I seen this blog. I can relate. Most of my snacking comes from boredom and seems like a habit than a need. So I have been drinking more tea, drinking more water. I keep unsalted sunflower seeds in the cubbard usually helps. But for the rough times, popcorn- make my own to regulate the salt and oil. I think having the sunflower seeds or pistachio nuts in the shell work best bc I'd have to crack them which means work for that snack, and maybe eat less but eating healthy fats.

I hope this helps.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Thanks for the help. All good ideas. Unfortunately I really like pbj sandwich as my snack of choice. pretty think ones I might add lol. Doing good this week with not snacking. Thanks for taking time out .good luck
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Can I give my self a 1/2 day. No snacks but I ate way to much candy. SO NOT SO GOOD. I have to restart tonight I guess. Try and try again. Good luck all
  • ikafish
    ikafish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It definitely helps if you have a set meal plan and good sized meals. Make sure bad snack options are not readily available in the house, have fruit and healthy options in the fridge
  • Ralphone
    Options
    OK Monday no snacks.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Nice job Ralohone...
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Sorry I know I am so disappointed I can't make it 2 in a row. Reset try again. I think I need a support group lol
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    You can do it. Once that click strikes midnight.... Just say no...
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Lol I just said. No day 1 thanks for the support.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Snack thing is just not working out for me . I need to really try I don't feel I am put in my best efforts. Gping to try and do better. I know that I know how to do this.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Keep working at it, Ralphone. Maybe save some calories for your favorite snack and then eat it before midnight. I have been eating more protein at the end of the day and it has been working out better for me.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. Maybe a protein shake. Thanks.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Not doing well with late night snacks
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Is there some reason you can't just plan for the late night pbj as part of your daily calories? There's nothing magic about late night eating or about pbjs, you could eat one every day and still lose weight, depending on what you ate the rest of the day and how much exercise you get. In fact I just had half a peanut butter sandwich and it's 4 am here, and I've lost 122 lbs eating this way. There's no protein shake police who are going to haul you away for eating peanut butter sandwiches instead of protein shakes - in fact I think protein shakes are nasty and a waste of perfectly good calories. If you prefer them, fine, but don't force yourself to eat food you dislike instead of the food you crave.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    thanks for the help, i do know what you are saying but if you see the size of my pbjs you would understand lol, the shakes i make i do like. Its just a matter of will power for me this i know, i have had success losing weight . i just keep getting up lately in the middle of the night and snacking. thanks for taking time out . good luck
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Are you waking up to fix a snack? Maybe you are not eating enough before going to bed? I try to eat a cookie a day or something like that. It keeps me from binging. I also try not to eat ice cream or anything "high fat" unless I work out that day. I don't get up from bed to eat snacks unless I go to bed somewhat hungry. Maybe you should try saving calories for later in the day and include pbj, maybe in a smaller portion. Sometimes I get sick thinking that I ate something (like ice cream) in 20 minutes but it took 45 minutes to earn the calories equal to that snack. Good luck to you Ralphone.