Snap Judgments

Options
caco_ethes
caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
This might be a dangerous thread but let’s see how we do.

What kinds of judgments do you make about people based on only one or two things you have learned about them? What kinds of generalities do you feel are your reality (but may not be anyone else’s)?

For example, if I learn that a guy is a boob man, I immediately assume that he’s boring and has no imagination. That’s my snap judgment.

And an example of something that I believe to generally be true is that most men are more attracted to brunettes than blondes. I see a lot of men (especially here) talk about not liking blondes.

Remember, these are people’s individual perceptions so don’t get grumpy. And try to shy away from anything openly racist or offensive please. :lol:

Replies

• caco_ethes
    Options
    jkou77 wrote: »
    When I people say no offense ...they generally mean to offend ...is that a judgement...lol I think I'm doing this wrong

No, you’re good! Any kinds of assumptions are interesting to hear about
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    zuucbehsqpz5.gif

Sooo...not this kind of snap then?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    When people say they want to talk about something, then continue to talk without stopping or pausing for discussion, I think they A) Are more interested in convincing themselves they are right or know what they are talking about, B) Think they already know everything, C) Are justifying things.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    zuucbehsqpz5.gif

Sooo...not this kind of snap then?

No, this kind

6mouarwek2zk.gif

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    guys who invite me on a first date to get booze are boring and need me drunk so i dont notice. Sad i know lol.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I assume men with a deeper voice have a lot of difficulty zipping their pants
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    People that hate cats hate life