Why Do People at th Gym never look around?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ClutchClaiborne
    ClutchClaiborne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I glance when I see a differnent workout just to take notes
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly, I'd be labelled a child molester. I go to the university gym for their awesome equipment, and most of the people in there are young enough to be my children. Occasionally, I'll look for a second, but for the most part, I'm surprised that most of these kids can walk in the door because their egos are so big--soooo not attractive.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say I'm polite and don't look around, but when you're on the eliptical, which right next to the weights..... I'm gonna look. I'm a girl that loves arms.... Yes, I have no shame! But, I do see lot's of people looking around alot in between their sets. It doesn't really bother me anymore. If they wanna see all my jiggles, hell, have at it! LOL!
  • nursek_2010
    nursek_2010 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    checking out people in the gym is totally acceptable!! hahaha
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I look, but I don't stare. Of course, I'm mainly looking to critique form in my head so I can say to myself, "haha, I lift better than you." Yeah, I know, shallow...but whatever. I would never say it to their face.

I've been stared at while working out before, and it's awful. I felt really uncomfortable. I don't want to make others feel that way either.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I admit I do like to sneak peak at the weights people are using too. I rarely see someone lifting the same as me though, its usually either a lot less or a lot more. I have secret competitions with people sometimes and they don't know it! :laugh:

Yeah i do too. lol
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm with the purposeful non-lookers.

-I don't want to be hit on. There's nothing worse than accidentally getting caught in an eye contact moment with someone you have no desire to communicate with.

-It took me a while to be comfortable at my gym and I was terrified people would be looking at me. I don't want to be the cause of anyone's discomfort. Whenever I see a new person that's obviously a beginner I make it a point to be friendly and then I don't look at them again until they're done.

-I'm really focused on not falling/dropping something/fainting/treadmill dancing.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie do check out the women but do it so i dont get caught lol.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's those giant trap muscles they cant move their necks...gah way to make everyone uncomfortable