Panties in a bunch.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    Panties in a bunch.

Oops, that was done already.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Personally I think I get some woos because some people are low in reading comprehension. Instead of asking for further clarification of a comment, they give a woo.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    sgriska wrote: »
    I've never posted anything that could be construed as pseudoscience or anything "too good to be true" and yet I have several "woo" reactions. I don't know what to think of it. I think it is confusing.

A lot of people use it instead of the nonexistent "Dislike" button.

And others use it as an "I just don't like you" even though there's nothing wrong with the post.

Yep this.. haters gunna hate.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    As stated upthread, a 'Disagree' button would be succinct and non-offensive to most. Except snowflakes who get their jimmies in a jam over every little thing, but that will never change regardless.

Is that akin to getting your panties in a wad? Because that is most uncomfortable!

Boxers in a bunch?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,789 Member
    svadzyb2eboi.jpg
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    As stated upthread, a 'Disagree' button would be succinct and non-offensive to most. Except snowflakes who get their jimmies in a jam over every little thing, but that will never change regardless.

I promise, promise I won't get my jimmies in a jam. B)

This made me laugh more than it should have...

:)
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    How I don't understand the meaning of 'hug'! To me it's 'ah hug, you're upset' etc, I see it as supportive rather than good/bad. A high five is more 'awesome' to me.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    debrag12 wrote: »
    How I don't understand the meaning of 'hug'! To me it's 'ah hug, you're upset' etc, I see it as supportive rather than good/bad. A high five is more 'awesome' to me.

Hugs are supportive. We're talking about "woo".
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    It's hard to believe I have garnered 99 woos already. As long as we don't get "banned" based on # of woos I really don't care. At one point I think it was debated about doing something along those line.

I think it's a bit passive aggressive to woo someone because you disagree with them and then not state your point of view but the button is there and it's free speech and all that. ;)

5u1kel1vb5zw.png
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,276 Member
    Hmm. I have literally never heard the term "woo" used as a synonym for BS or anything negative. That isn't a dictionary definition of the word woo. The emoji looks like surprise to me. I absolutely interpreted this as a cheer, like "woohoo!". If MFP means this to be a negative response, then it should be a very clearly negative emoji like a thumbs down, or it should be a term universally recognized as negative. I've clicked "woo" on posts and always meant it as positive.

Anyway, I'm glad I saw this post. I'll stop using the woo button.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    I don't like that you have 99 "woos", you now have 100.

Ya. About half of them are from folks just piling on. Lol. Thanks. I was feeling unwooed there for a while. :'(