The Origin and Meaning of "Woo"

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    If they are going to fix the "woo" button to something more clear I think there should be a "Thank you" button.

I think there should be a (limited) drop-down menu so you can choose your own specific reaction to a post.

Yeah, I'm a dreamer. :)

I love this idea!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If they are going to fix the "woo" button to something more clear I think there should be a "Thank you" button.

I think there should be a (limited) drop-down menu so you can choose your own specific reaction to a post.

That's not a bad idea at all. Rather than having "Insightful", "Inspiring", "Like", "Woo" and "Hug" along the bottom of each post, we could choose from those and maybe a couple more ("Disagree", "Awesome!") from a small drop-down list.

Is that what you mean?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,732 Member
    Options
    Variable would be too difficult to implement. Menu choice is easier.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

That's not a bad idea at all. Rather than having "Insightful", "Inspiring", "Like", "Woo" and "Hug" along the bottom of each post, we could choose from those and maybe a couple more ("Disagree", "Awesome!") from a small drop-down list.

Is that what you mean?

Yes, but I'm still a dreamer. :D
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Is that what you mean?

What about "Congrats!!"

That might seem appropriate for when people post a weight loss or that they've met a fitness goal or something.
  • Machka9
    Options
    A reminder ... :)
  • mph323
    Options
    Ha, I'm glad this thread got bumped - I've been dying to post one of the latest additions to my woo count!

In a migraine thread:

"I'm sorry for that. Mine don't last as long and I can't even imagine dealing with the pain for days."

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Ha, I'm glad this thread got bumped - I've been dying to post one of the latest additions to my woo count!

In a migraine thread:

"I'm sorry for that. Mine don't last as long and I can't even imagine dealing with the pain for days."

Wow- that's a good one! So either you're not sorry, you *can* imagine dealing with that kind of pain, or "woo-hoo" that you can't imagine it ;)
  • mph323
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

In a migraine thread:

My latest one:

"Not really."

It was in response to being asked if I was bored.

OMG, I saw that!
  • mph323
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

In a migraine thread:

My latest one:

"Not really."

It was in response to being asked if I was bored.

Mine was 'Also shrimp, the bugs of the sea.' :lol:

Regarding things that are weird to eat, when you really think about it.

Well, to be fair, the "What's your unpopular opinion on - " threads always turn into a hilarious woo-fest :D Delicate flowers need not apply (cause there's always someone jumping in with a heartfelt plea for everyone to be nice. But no, there's nothing to be nice about when someone disses diet coke.)
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm just fascinated that we got to halfway down Page 5 without a Ric Flair meme. (Of course, it was hidden in a collage of other memes. An exclusive Ric Flair meme is found on Page 6.)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    I'm just fascinated that we got to halfway down Page 5 without a Ric Flair meme. (Of course, it was hidden in a collage of other memes. An exclusive Ric Flair meme is found on Page 6.)

These young'uns don't know who Rick Flair even is. :)