Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    Can't we all just be nice to each other? After all, this is supposed to be a supportive community :'( <read in a whiney voice>

But really, where's the fun in that?? If I couldn't pick on @Tacklewasher (and vice versa) I'd probably get bored and leave.

Wish I could hug you twice for that, once for the nice comment and once for being a dumbass :)

Two hugs will not make up for calling me disgusting and creepy :noway:

I got you're back. I just gave him over 100 new hugs. :laugh:

Hey. Only counts for posts made today. I told you yesterday that today is hug a dumbass day.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Can't we all just be nice to each other? After all, this is supposed to be a supportive community :'( <read in a whiney voice>

But really, where's the fun in that?? If I couldn't pick on @Tacklewasher (and vice versa) I'd probably get bored and leave.

Wish I could hug you twice for that, once for the nice comment and once for being a dumbass :)

Hey. Only counts for posts made today. I told you yesterday that today is hug a dumbass day.

You didn't specify a date on the posts. There is no way I'm going back and reversing them all. All those hugs were given today. That's what matters.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

You didn't specify a date on the posts. There is no way I'm going back and reversing them all. All those hugs were given today. That's what matters.

Dumbass :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I can always count on you. You're on my Christmas list now :smiley:

(The good one)
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I'm torn between insightful and hug on this one.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I can always count on you. You're on my Christmas list now :smiley:

(The good one)

Yay!
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

Feel free to woo if you like :)
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Feel free to woo if you like :)

It's really not one that I use often. If I disagree with someone enough that I feel the need to react, I'll just reply to them. I'm also not sure that your statement was incorrect.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Bump ... because it seems appropriate with the recent flood of Woos everywhere.

ban-woohoo.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    I use it as "wow", which can be a good wow or a bad wow.

UserA: I've lost 50 pounds!
    Me: Woo emoji (wow! good job!)

UserB: I hate animals.
    Me: Woo emoji (wow...)

I can only say.....it doesn't mean what you think it does.....
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Whelp, I've been using the woo button as praise. Sorry to all the folks I've unintentionally ticked off. No more buttons for me!
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    Woo: to seek the favour, affection, or love of, especially with a view to marriage.
    Although, pulling the face in the emoji? Not likely to be successful in wooing.

This is a turn of phrase I’ve always enjoyed.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Whelp, I've been using the woo button as praise. Sorry to all the folks I've unintentionally ticked off. No more buttons for me!

You can use Like, Insightful, Inspiring, and Hug. :)

I wish they would change Woo to "Disagree" -- something clearer and not so insulting.

That would be my preference, but if they don't want to do that, than just get rid of it. As was demonstrated on this thread, there is a lot of confusion about the meaning of "Woo".